TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Bands with the worst fanbase

What bands have the stupidest, most annoying fans?

I nominate:

Tool

Metallica

Taking Back Sunday

Radiohead

Coldplay

Atreyu

While I do enjoy some of those bands, their fans seem to be the worst people ever. Stupid, pretentious assholes.

What others can you think of?

Funny, I thought was going to be a huge ICP bashing thread...Ill give it a few more post.

First thing that popped in my head. I admit I own a few of their cds, but I will never go to a concert, and I don't stop anyone wearing ICP garmets in public and greet him as a fellow "fan."

They're more of a comedy act in my eyes, more than a music act. I give them the same amount of musical credit as George Carlin... Violent, sometimes funny, not musical.

Their hardcore fans scare me as much as Heaven's Gate cult. (I've even been known to sing the praises of Marshall Mathers upon seeing someone in an ICP shirt, just to be an antagonist)

Insane Clown Posse-Even Carnival will (probably) agree that most of their fans are complete retards.

Frank Zappa-I have no problem with Zappa or his fans, I'm just tired of his fans always telling people how he was the most brillient man who ever lived. He was a great musician, but you don't need to tell people this all the fucking time.

Gorrilaz-You do NOT want to see what Gorrilaz fangirls are like. They are just as terrifying as well, just about any fangirl.

Tool-Christ that band's fans annoy me.

Burzum-I still don't see how a white supremacist church burner who's albums sound like they were recorded on a broken tape player and whose idea of ambient and instrumental music is dicking around with a casio keyboard is a musical genius.

I could go on about how I hate Korn fans, but I don't know if they have many fans left. Same with Eminem, as I think he lost a lot of fans after the whole fiasco with Triumph the Insult Comic Tog and Moby back in 2002. Plus, am I the only person on Earth who saw irony in the fact that he hates techno, but that he's from Detroit, which is essentially the American Birthplace of techno?

Zeppelin

Beatles

Sex Pistols, Ramones

Any hardcore-emo band

Tool

Radiohead

The Smiths

Iron Maiden

Nirvana

Guns N Roses

Pink Floyd

The Doors

Broken Social Scene

Oh hell yeah. I know so many 'indie kids' who swear by the musical 'genius' of this band. Did you see them play on the Junos? It was absoultely hideous. If off key shakey vocals and some of the sloppiest playing I've seen is genius then I'll stick with 'stupid music.'

Oh, and then I see an interview backstage (from the same Junos) with a couple of the members slagging Canadian Idol (fair enough, it does suck), saying that it doesn't prepare these kids for playing live and that BSS has over 200 years of live experience between all the members so they know how to hack it on the stage. Wow, you'd think all that experience you wouldn't put on such an abortion of a performance.

Guest Felonies!

Phish: obvious.

Grateful Dead: more obvious.

Dave Matthews Band: most obvious of all.

System of a Down: "DUDE, WHEN HE SAYS EVERYONE'S GOING TO THE PARTY HAVE A REAL GOOD TIME....HE'S TALKING ABOUT...AMERICA!"

Weezer: People who think Rivers Cuomo is a lyrical genius though he's produced mostly crap, and even his "good" stuff is ridiculously simplistic

ICP: Their fanbase is the most pitiful social detritus in modern music. HATCHET! Shut the fuck up.

Lovecraft, Zappa fans are really not that bad so as to warrant a spot on this list.

I will nominate most fans of modern Clear Channel rap. Excuse the stereotypes. but I see a lot of this. They're utterly ignorant of anything not involved in rap(the fact that I talked to a girl in her mid 20s who had no idea who the Clash were disturbs me), they insist on playing their music at ear splitting levels, giving me and any sane person a headache, they think being semi decent to non rap fans is stupid, they claim to only care about the beat, not the lyrics, but will refuse to listen to any form of techno(which boggles my mind) and the whole "gangsta rap" scene pretty much sold out and is well, Clear Channel-ized. I swear it's an effort to keep people who like this stuff dumb and in their place. Oh, and the feuds are faker than pro wrestling feuds, and yet people get SHOT AT over them. Give me a bunch of stoned hippies anytime, even though I'm not one of them, I'd rather be called a Deadhead than some pathetic G-Unit wearing idiot. Oh, and Czech

stealyourface.jpg

I'm surprised no one's made a Carnival joke yet. Maybe I was the only one who thought of him as soon as I saw the thread title.

Guest Felonies!

Oh, by the way, I think we're looking for dedicated fanbases, so casual listeners of "Clear Channel rap" doesn't really fit.

Bright Eyes.

Broken Social Scene

Oh hell yeah. I know so many 'indie kids' who swear by the musical 'genius' of this band. Did you see them play on the Junos? It was absoultely hideous. If off key shakey vocals and some of the sloppiest playing I've seen is genius then I'll stick with 'stupid music.'

Oh, and then I see an interview backstage (from the same Junos) with a couple of the members slagging Canadian Idol (fair enough, it does suck), saying that it doesn't prepare these kids for playing live and that BSS has over 200 years of live experience between all the members so they know how to hack it on the stage. Wow, you'd think all that experience you wouldn't put on such an abortion of a performance.

good. we don't need you. one song from an awards show is hardly a sufficient analysis of their live show. i'd say that would be one of the most difficult situations in which to perform. and no less with the broken social scene, which is arguably a train wreck in the making with so many members who rarely perform live together. their touring troupe is much tighter, yo.

aaaaaand

their vocals are shaky on the album in the first place. thats sorta their steez.

At least most crazy ICP fans grow out of it. (I think they're funny, but would never go to a concert)

I don't know if I can say the same for fans of DAVE!

Oh, by the way, I think we're looking for dedicated fanbases, so casual listeners of "Clear Channel rap" doesn't really fit.

Bright Eyes.

They might not be loyal to one rapper but around where I am, they refuse to listen to anything but the Clear Channel rap station(Jam'n 94.5) and their top whatever station(Kiss 108). Put the radio on anything else and you get dirty looks and they switch it at the first moment. I know this because I work with these people.

Guest Felonies!

If you only listen to what's on Kiss FM, you're not part of any one fanbase. You're just lame and don't know better. Who do you work with, 13-year-old girls? If so, are any of them cute?

Hey, Radiohead fans aren't so bad. Hardcore fans get on my nerves. XveganX!

Yeah, there is a difference between media perception and fans.

Most hoity-toity websites/mags (yes, inculding Pitchfork) pop a huge boner for Sleatter-Kinney.

That concert had the best fans ever. Everyone was into the music, you could get close to the band often, everyone was singing the lyrics. It was a great concert.

And I can't take anyone seriously that ONLY likes any one genre of music. Especially heavy metal and country.

Broken Social Scene

good. we don't need you. one song from an awards show is hardly a sufficient analysis of their live show. i'd say that would be one of the most difficult situations in which to perform. and no less with the broken social scene, which is arguably a train wreck in the making with so many members who rarely perform live together. their touring troupe is much tighter, yo.

aaaaaand

their vocals are shaky on the album in the first place. thats sorta their steez.

Their touring troupe at the moment isn't much different from the group we saw at the Juno's. The only real difference was that they had the full horn section backing them and no Emily Haynes (who I hate so I can deal with). This new chick named Lisa Lobsinger does her parts or if Amy Milan is around she usually takes "Anthems for a 17 Year Old Girl".

ICP - in a walk