TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Bands with the worst fanbase

I don't care about the arguement at hand, but I just wanted to say that Burzum's one of my favorite bands ever. Thanks.

Fine by me. At least your not blaming the "Jewish Propaganda Sites". Me, I don't like Burzum (as if you allready didn't recognize) but if they are your favorite, then they are your favorite. Whatever floats your boat dude.

Funny, you're baiting me with something that from the start I've said I agree with. You haven't read a single word, have you? Like a good little droid you found that one hot button remark and have been milking it, even though the issue is dead and gone. Guess I got trolled, because if you're really this retarded, anyone would have had you aborted the first time it was noticed. Unless of course your parents are half breed jewish heroin addicts with BSE. Thread staleness factor - 86%.

Claiming is Succeeding

Blur the distinction between claiming to make your case, and actually making it. If anyone notices this, act surprised and wounded. Notice someone you need to talk to across the room.

I still don't know what the problem with being elitist is. Isn't it logical in every way to only praise and want things of the highest quality?

Well, for example I can't understand what they're saying in the black metal I've listened to, and just because you enjoy it doesn't mean everything else is suck(although there is undeniably sucky music). That's my issue with elitists. I try hard to be open to most things

Think of any propoganda site you see, be it christian, Satanic, Nazi, Unicorns, Racist, Capitalist, and apply the window dressing of Jewish belief and lobbying. The anti defamation league is a prime example of this. As with any other propoganda/lobby group, there are Jewish sites that support false information. But this really isn't the point of the discussion so you don't need to do me any favours by promising you'll bless me with your knowledge if I explain my way through a non issue.

Sorry to continue the thread-jack (well, I'm not that sorry, but nonetheless ... ) but I am curious how/where the Anti-Defamation League is providing false information.

And, to a lesser extent, why it was deduced that lovecraft's anti-Burzum comment was presumed to have been swayed by Jewish propaganda.

Funny, you're baiting me with something that from the start I've said I agree with. You haven't read a single word, have you? Like a good little droid you found that one hot button remark and have been milking it, even though the issue is dead and gone. Guess I got trolled, because if you're really this retarded, anyone would have had you aborted the first time it was noticed. Unless of course your parents are half breed jewish heroin addicts with BSE. Thread staleness factor - 86%.

Claiming is Succeeding

Blur the distinction between claiming to make your case, and actually making it. If anyone notices this, act surprised and wounded. Notice someone you need to talk to across the room.

Maybe I gave tekcop a friendlier response because he doesn't get bent out of shape over nothing. Oh, and he didn't insult me earlier like you did. Basically, he acted like a rational human being, and you are over-reacting because of my opinion.

As for your other comments, once again...

Now again, can we please quit talking abut Burzum and talk about another band and gee, i don't know, get back to the subject at hand? This is really becoming tiresome, and you are not winning anybody over.

Linkin Park

Oh totally.They are Nu-Metal for Emo-Kids. Two horrible tastes that make you want to vomit.

Well, for example I can't understand what they're saying in the black metal I've listened to, and just because you enjoy it doesn't mean everything else is suck(although there is undeniably sucky music). That's my issue with elitists. I try hard to be open to most things

That's not the issue at hand though. The issue is celebrating the highest quality music, be it metal, rock, country, rap, pop etc. I have no problem giving an objective ear to anything, but if it's garbage, then it's garbage. It's not a matter of personal taste (I listen to and enjoy much undeniably "lousy" music out of nostalgic enjoyment for example) it's a matter of the actual quality of music. This counts double when people are sharing it with others.

As for the other guys, I don't think i can say anything else without just asking you guys to re-read what i've written again and try to see what I'm saying. At this point anything else is just repeating myself.

Coheed and Cambria

What?

The gigs are just swarming with emo kids talking about the graphic novels. We were the only people without girls pants and eyeliner.

EDIT: And Matt Young likes them too.

Guest BGarrett7

As much as I love and adore the man, his music and his incredible talent, the fans who inhabit Butch Walker's message board are some of the stupidest f'n people I have ever experienced in my life.

That's not the issue at hand though. The issue is celebrating the highest quality music, be it metal, rock, country, rap, pop etc. I have no problem giving an objective ear to anything, but if it's garbage, then it's garbage. It's not a matter of personal taste (I listen to and enjoy much undeniably "lousy" music out of nostalgic enjoyment for example) it's a matter of the actual quality of music. This counts double when people are sharing it with others.

As for the other guys, I don't think i can say anything else without just asking you guys to re-read what i've written again and try to see what I'm saying. At this point anything else is just repeating myself.

I've read what you've written. Then I re-read it. Then I read it one more time. And yet, you still can't convince me or everyone else otherwise.

Dude, just quit complaining, and quit taking the music you listen to so Goddamn seriously. If you keep this up, then there will probably end up being a lock on the thread. Besides, no one cares anymore, and we've moved on to talk about other things, like how Linking Park fans and Emo Kids suck. Sorry, but your rants and attempts to defend your statements still aren't holding up, and it's time for you to quit and let the rest of us go along with our buisiness.

Hey Darth Vader, do want Thumbtack to keep going on and on?

swb251lt.jpg

Yeah, me neither.

All right, now that I can agree with, but we're getting off topic(and it's my fault) so I'll shut up now

You're still hung up on the "controversial" point I made, along with the personal insults I made towards you in jest, lovecraft. Unless your ego is too fragile to allow this, then I suggest letting it go so we can salvage this small digression instead of adding nothing to it. The purpose of listamania threads is to create several small threads of conversation, so it's hard to understand why you're evading now unless you're tapped out.

Nothing here has me remotely bent out of shape, and I'm saddened that you'd think this so easily.

Linkin Park

Oh totally.They are Nu-Metal for Emo-Kids. Two horrible tastes that make you want to vomit.

Yeah. My ex was a Linkin Park fan, she would just go ON and ON about them, it was really fucking annoying

You're still hung up on the "controversial" point I made, along with the personal insults I made towards you in jest, lovecraft. Unless your ego is too fragile to allow this, then I suggest letting it go so we can salvage this small digression instead of adding nothing to it. The purpose of listamania threads is to create several small threads of conversation, so it's hard to understand why you're evading now unless you're tapped out.

Nothing here has me remotely bent out of shape, and I'm saddened that you'd think this so easily

Well, what could make me think you got bent out of shape ober this? Maybe it was this statement...

The poster who namedropped Burzum (as if he thought he was actually allowed to say that name from his semen encrusted lips) was ultimately just going by 4th hand information from a Jewish propoganda site and probably has never had the opportunity to study the music properly before formulating his judgement. Go back to your TV shows and radio hits.

Yeah, you sure didn't overreact there. By the way, your "Go Back to your TV shows and Radio Hits" insult is one of the lamest insults. If there is anyone here who has a fragile ego, it's you. I said some bad things about a band you like, and you start throwing insults at me. Really, I don't care that you like Burzum. That doesn't mean you have to insult me for not liking the band. Come on, I know a few Burzum fans, and I told them about you insulting me over bad mouthing this band. Anyways and even they think that you are overreacting. Get over yourself. I don't like Burzum, I think Varg is scum, and you are not going to change my mind. The more you keep going on, the more insecure you sound. Oh, and by the way, I did research on Varg, and I still think he's scum.

Please, quit respending. This is really pointless, and has gotten incredibly boring. Nobody cares about what you have to say anymore. Look at the posts above this one. Everybody has moved on. Nobody cares. What part of this do you not understand? We all want to talk about something else (myself included) so quit trying to defend yourself, and let us enjoy the thread.

One of you guys will need to stop in order for the conversation to return. The back and forth doesn't work in this format, so just drop it. It doesn't matter who gets the last fucking word, because no one cares.

I basically hate any fans that try to tell me my musical tastes are "wrong" or that theirs are "right".

As for the original topic, although I haven't spoken to many, I'd agree that ICP has the worst fans that I've personally encountered.

I agree with the last two posters. I'm pretty much done, though at this point, the thread really feels kind of dead. Sorry if my opinion helped cause all of this trouble.

I still don't know what the problem with being elitist is. Isn't it logical in every way to only praise and want things of the highest quality?

Because quality is subjective, that's why. As much as I think emo and indie-rock (or "post-punk" or whatever it's actually called) and reggaeton are shit, there is a fanbase for it. They, on some level, connect with that garbage. And good for them. Much like how you, myself, Slayer, Agent, Maniac, and a handful of others connect with heavy metal (as our domination of this folder proved months ago, perhaps even a full year ago) and its sub-genres. What is absolute rubbish to one is the essence of rock n' roll to another. "Different strokes for different folks," as it were.

Now...there is much truth to your statement as well. The elitists I'm talking about are your garden variety elitists that believe that once a band has a fanbase more than just the dozen (if even) people that converse with each other by sharing mp3's and bootleg tapes of their Abyss Studios-lite material, they are no longer "true" to the scene. This tends to happen more in metal's myriad of sub-genres - I found most notably black metal and, oddly enough, hardcore (the way it is now, not the true hardcore which is now called "street punk" or "crust punk" or whatever the kiddies who weren't into the scene a year ago refer to it as) - than in most other styles. To be truly elitist, I agree: you must refer to music of a lesser quality as such and praise those that have undeniably excelled at the craft.

But therein also lies the problem (double-edged sword), because then we come back to subjectivity. For instance, most would label DRI as one of the premiere thrash bands of the 80's. I disagree. I think their work is supremely overrated, especially compared to the Bay Area thrash/speed metal scene and Cryptic Slaughter. I'm also quite partial to Wargasm (this is also my affinity for local bands shining through, though) over DRI. And, of course, my love for SOD outshines my love for almost every other band (save for The Misfits and MAYBE Slayer). Which is the subjectivity of it, because objectively? One could barely classify the entire Bay Area scene as thrash since the majority of the bands were speed metal. But since speed metal bands took elements of thrash (a form of hardcore relying more on screaming, fast and furious drumming, and simple guitar riffs that stressed simplicity and dissonance) towards the mid-80's, we got the hybrid known as thrash metal, which is what most think of when "thrash" is used. I know it's what I think of primarily.

Okay, off on a tangent. But do you see where I'm coming from at all, Tack?

Well, what could make me think you got bent out of shape ober this? Maybe it was this statement...

You put this responce under the post where I told you that I was jacking around with the insults earlier. Fucking impressive.

Anyways and even they think that you are overreacting. Get over yourself. I don't like Burzum, I think Varg is scum, and you are not going to change my mind. The more you keep going on, the more insecure you sound.

The more I keep going at this point, the more I'm laughing at you ignoring or outright missing my points by not reading. This topic of discussion is doing fine because other than you and I, I'm having nice back and forth chatter with other members on it. Oh, and tell your friends to read this thread closely and see if they feel the same way, if what you said is true at all. The can also feel free to send me messages about it.

I think the thread's dead.

Not at all, my friend.

Because quality is subjective, that's why. As much as I think emo and indie-rock (or "post-punk" or whatever it's actually called) and reggaeton are shit, there is a fanbase for it. They, on some level, connect with that garbage. And good for them. Much like how you, myself, Slayer, Agent, Maniac, and a handful of others connect with heavy metal (as our domination of this folder proved months ago, perhaps even a full year ago) and its sub-genres. What is absolute rubbish to one is the essence of rock n' roll to another. "Different strokes for different folks," as it were.

Short answer, just because someone or 10 million someones like something and scream from the highest rooftop that it's the best thing ever, doesn't make it so. People don't have to exclusively love the best of the best of whatever, but telling me that Cannibal Corpse is better than Morbid Angel, or Black Witchery is better than Darkthrone, or Coldplay is better than Kraftwerk just because you like them better will get you laughed at. Heartily.

Now...there is much truth to your statement as well. The elitists I'm talking about are your garden variety elitists that believe that once a band has a fanbase more than just the dozen (if even) people that converse with each other by sharing mp3's and bootleg tapes of their Abyss Studios-lite material, they are no longer "true" to the scene. This tends to happen more in metal's myriad of sub-genres - I found most notably black metal and, oddly enough, hardcore (the way it is now, not the true hardcore which is now called "street punk" or "crust punk" or whatever the kiddies who weren't into the scene a year ago refer to it as) - than in most other styles. To be truly elitist, I agree: you must refer to music of a lesser quality as such and praise those that have undeniably excelled at the craft.

Those aren't elitists, those are insecure clubhouse members who just need a friend, hug and noose.

But therein also lies the problem (double-edged sword), because then we come back to subjectivity. For instance, most would label DRI as one of the premiere thrash bands of the 80's. I disagree. I think their work is supremely overrated, especially compared to the Bay Area thrash/speed metal scene and Cryptic Slaughter. I'm also quite partial to Wargasm (this is also my affinity for local bands shining through, though) over DRI. And, of course, my love for SOD outshines my love for almost every other band (save for The Misfits and MAYBE Slayer). Which is the subjectivity of it, because objectively? One could barely classify the entire Bay Area scene as thrash since the majority of the bands were speed metal. But since speed metal bands took elements of thrash (a form of hardcore relying more on screaming, fast and furious drumming, and simple guitar riffs that stressed simplicity and dissonance) towards the mid-80's, we got the hybrid known as thrash metal, which is what most think of when "thrash" is used. I know it's what I think of primarily.

I read this as being where your personal tastes lie and why you might prefer lesser bands over those of higher quality because they have special association to you, which I think is just great as long as it doesn't taint your outlook and lead you to some wrong decisions about that which is immortal to great to good to ok to bad to shitty like every single bedroom produced metal offering of the last 5 years.

Best to you guys. Love,

Tack :wub:

Short answer, just because someone or 10 million someones like something and scream from the highest rooftop that it's the best thing ever, doesn't make it so. People don't have to exclusively love the best of the best of whatever, but telling me that Cannibal Corpse is better than Morbid Angel, or Black Witchery is better than Darkthrone, or Coldplay is better than Kraftwerk just because you like them better will get you laughed at. Heartily.

Why is this the only thing people can come up with when called on elitism? If 10 million people enjoying something doesn't make it good, how does one person not enjoying it make it bad? If I'm looking for music to enjoy, I'm gonna go with the millions of dancing lemmings before I go with the 6-7 stiffs arguing over who has the more thought provoking guitar solo....

Quality is subjective. 'Kraftwerk is better than Coldplay' isn't a statement of fact, it's an opinion, and debating for 3 months or laughing heartily isn't gonna change that.

I hate any and every person that says that Thursday is darker than Joy Division. Or that Fall Out Boy is more punk than The Clash.

These people should be taken out back and beaten with a aluminum baseball bat, preferably wielded by the reanimated corpses of Joe Strummer, Joey, Johnny Ramone and finally Sid Vicious.

Personally, I'd rather listen to Cannibal Corpse as I feel they're the better band. Musically, anyway. There's something about Morbid Angel, perhaps the NEVERENDING double-kick (even when it's a slow part of a song) that rubs me the wrong way. And I guess that's what makes them great and one of the finest old-school death metal bands, since death metal is meant to make the listener uncomfortable (which is why melodic death is oftentimes LAME).

I hate any and every person that says that Thursday is darker than Joy Division. Or that Fall Out Boy is more punk than The Clash.

These people should be taken out back and beaten with a aluminum baseball bat, preferably wielded by the reanimated corpses of Joe Strummer, Joey, Johnny Ramone and finally Sid Vicious.

Agreed. Although I've never heard anyone make a statement like that. Although I did hear someone call Blink 182 "hardcore punk rock"