TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

Make an outlandish statement

I've never liked the whole "So and so could beat so and so if he's healthy". Tito probably, might have beaten Forrest dominately if he was healthy, but the same token can be applied that if Forrest had attacked Tito's knee more agressively, and Mirko'd his ass, he'd have beaten Tito easily. The few times Forrest kicked him in the leg, Tito buckled. Forrest himself said he didn't want to attack Tito's leg and injure him for real. Forrest could have finished Tito easily in the second if all he did was kick him in the leg. But he didn't, so it really doesn't apply. Plus, it's kinda like the Belfort fans going "IF THE OLD BELFORT SHOWED UP HE'D BEAT ANYONE!!!". God that gets annoying.

As for my outlandish statement...

Mark Coleman at LHW = Killer, and would be one of the best fighters in the weightclass.

Huzzah and all that.

I'd dig seeing The Hammer in the octagon again, only to hear his excuses when he loses.

"I'm not a fan of making excuses but I really wanted some honey dijon mustard on my ham sandwich the other day and Wes bought spicy dijon. Just sayin'."

Bah. Coleman at LHW would probably be at his peak condition for his age. He'd wrestle Liddell to the ground and pound the crap out of him there.

Coleman slimmed down and off the roids would probably mean he'd have better cardio too which is one of his weak spots. He'd have no flaws I tells ya, a supreme fighting machine.

Bah I says. Just because Coleman's entire Submission defense system is to simply power out of it, and he tries to catch punches and kicks with his mouth does not make him any less dangerous.

Honestly, all joking aside, I think Coleman would do damn well in either the PRIDE MW Division, or UFC LHW division if he did that. Follow the Couture model in a way. He has great wrestling skills, and the trim down would make him faster and less prone to gassing then he is right now.

With that said... I think Kevin Randleman would've been a better fighter had he not been with Hammer House. Bas Rutten once said he asked Randleman to come and let him train him so he could reach his real potential, but Randleman choose not to, because he is loyal to Hammer House.

Honestly, I don't think Randleman would ever reach his potential, regardless of what team he is with.

I forget who said it, but it was someone who knows Randleman, and simply stated the truth: He doesn't listen. You could give Randleman the greatest advice, or strategy in the world, and he'll go out there and fight how he wants to fight. He also seemingly lacks the mental ability to stick with a given gameplan and often reverts to just holding the opponent.

I think he might have become a better fighter, but I don't know if anyone could have fixed his mental weaknesses. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a better fighter, but I don't think he'd ever be the elite that he seemed destined to be.

Honestly, I don't think Randleman would ever reach his potential, regardless of what team he is with.

I forget who said it, but it was someone who knows Randleman, and simply stated the truth: He doesn't listen. You could give Randleman the greatest advice, or strategy in the world, and he'll go out there and fight how he wants to fight. He also seemingly lacks the mental ability to stick with a given gameplan and often reverts to just holding the opponent.

I think he might have become a better fighter, but I don't know if anyone could have fixed his mental weaknesses. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a better fighter, but I don't think he'd ever be the elite that he seemed destined to be.

At one point you could consider him in the elite class...

But I think Coleman's gameplaning wasn't really helping him because he had the athletic ability to do more then just G+P. I'm a Randleman stan so of course I'm biased. But yeah I agree about his mental ability, but the man has had a harder life then most would imagine, he's a warrior and is a class act, you can't help but respect him.

I want to see a Silva vs Gracie theme show with:

Wanderlei Silva vs Hughes

Anderson Silva vs Royce Gracie

Asserio Silva vs Tim Sylva 2

I want to see a Silva vs Gracie theme show with:

Wanderlei Silva vs Hughes

Anderson Silva vs Royce Gracie

Asserio Silva vs Tim Sylva 2

Stop smoking crack...

Unless UFC imports the PRIDE FC heavyweight division I could careless about who the UFC champion is and feeding Tim Slyvia TUF guys is'nt going to get anybody excited. Ok Royce is too old and probably won't make weight but there has to be a Gracie that can match up against Anderson Silva in UFC. And the guy that looks like the Tekken 4 Vale Tudo fighter already lost to Tim on tv but you know what the counter punching champion is boring as hell I would rather see Rashad Evans fight than Tim at this point. You know what would be a great matchup Tim Slyvia vs the russian giant that Don King is promoting in boxing now that would bring the national spotlight.

I just remember the Sakuraba fight:

Coleman: "Armbar, Kev!" "Armbar!" "ARMBAR!" "Kev, ARMBAR!"

[Randleman taps]

Randleman is alot like Ross was on TUF 3...he just WONT listen to anything you tell him to do. No matter how well prepared you are, the corner people are there for a reason. Not using them is stupid.

Randleman has lost bunches of fights that he should have won easily. The man has natural gifts that most people can't even comprehend. Even in todays MMA world, he could still be world champion. He just never will be.

I don't think anyone says Hammer House is a great team, but it's kinda hard to guide someone to victory if their too stubborn to listen and improve on what your trying to tell them. Randleman's just simply mentally weak. In the Fedor fight, after he damn near killed Fedor with that Backdrop Driver, he just seemed to give up. He had fired his best shot, and it didn't do shit. He was mentally broken. Randleman's easily as strong as Fedor, if not stronger, he should have been able to fight back..He just didn't have the will.

And thats what it all breaks down to. You could be a shitty fighter, but if you have will, heart, and mental determination, you atleast have a SHOT. You can also be a great fighter, but without those things you'll never amount to anything.