TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Smart Marks on Myspace...it was bound to happen.

Uzumaki the movie? I've seen the movie, never seen the manga. I thought the movie was okay. Weird, but okay. I'm sure that there was tons more explained in the manga than the film, they only really dealt with why things were happening in the film for maybe 10 minutes.

I liked the psycho chick in BR more than Kiriyama...I also liked the one main character (sorry dont know names) that survived BR before and helped the two survivors make it through.

Uzumaki the movie? I've seen the movie, never seen the manga. I thought the movie was okay. Weird, but okay. I'm sure that there was tons more explained in the manga than the film, they only really dealt with why things were happening in the film for maybe 10 minutes.

I loved both the movie and the manga. Great stuff, with a real Lovecraftian feeling, and creepy as hell to boot.

Another awesome Horror/Manga worth checking out is "Priest". It has a priest who makes a deal with a demon to get powers, and zombies.

That reminds me, I would love to see an Romero inspired Anime series.

Nah, my problem with the movie was that it came off as goofy instead of creepy. As I'm sure you know by now, I really, really love the manga. It's probably the creepiest thing I've ever read, but the movie just made me laugh. And not in a good way.

I've still never seen Battle Royale, cuz it never got a proper US distribution and I don't have the money to waste on Ebay. Ironically, I've got a Battle Royale ripoff movie called Kill Devil from Blockbuster that I haven't watched yet.

I've still never seen Battle Royale, cuz it never got a proper US distribution and I don't have the money to waste on Ebay. Ironically, I've got a Battle Royale ripoff movie called Kill Devil from Blockbuster that I haven't watched yet.

BR is all over the net, bro

But he's got this laptop rigged so that it can't download anything without the master passcode... and he's the only one who knows it... and he's currently in navy bootcamp. But thanks for trying.

It's probably available on netflix, if you know anyone that's a member of that. Or it's available in a lot of video stores; I bought it for like $9.99 at a Newbury Comics, and have seen it the local Suncoast for like $19.99.

I think my problem with BR is that I heard so much hype about it, I was expecting like massive gore and teeny japanese chicks having sex or something. I felt underwhelmed after watching it all. Example: psycho chick kills two of the boys off in day 2, the scene shows her walking away from them, they're both naked, dead. I guess I was expecting to actually see her seducing, fucking and then killing them. It sounds weird, but that's the kind of stuff I expected to see going into this flick. Most of the violence came off as mega cheap andmega cheesy.

Guest Vitamin X

That's most of the appeal behind it, for me. That, and the counter in the lower right hand corner every time someone died, like as if you were watching some sort of sadistic game show. I liked it, although the ending and especially the dialogue at that point was REALLY cheesy.

I sent a friend request to every single one of you. Hurrah!

Apart from Leena cos she was already on there. Oh and the fucks wanting me to know their last name.

Apart from Leena cos she was already on there. Oh and the fucks wanting me to know their last name.

Lies. I never got one.

Somone on that myspace group has the same name as me and supports the same football team as me. :huh:

In that case, I got you confused with Addy.

He likes BR.

Lies. I never got one.

I'm assuming it was you who just sent me one, so I take this comment back.