TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 4/27 Impact Thread

Well we're a couple of hours from showtime, so I figured I'd go ahead and start the discussion. Put your before, during and after thoughts about the line-up, show and ratings right here. Here's the official preview:

joe_lethal.gif

xcup.gif

THURSDAY NIGHT ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

The aftermath from Sunday’s “Lockdown” Pay-Per-View

This Thursday night on SpikeTV, fans will witness the aftermath of the Lockdown Pay-Per-View, plus news on the upcoming May “Sacrifice” event!

CHRISTIAN CAGE IS STILL NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION – BUT ABYSS HOLDS THE GOLD!

At Sunday’s “Lockdown” fans witnessed an all-out war between Christian Cage and Abyss inside the Six Sides of Steel. Christian escaped with the win, but he paid dearly as he was choked out after the bout by Abyss with a steel chain! As Abyss and Mitchell left, they took the NWA World Heavyweight Title – and according to sources they have refused to relinquish it back to the champion! What chaos will break out this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” when Abyss and Cage are in the same arena? Tune in and find out!

X DIVISION TITLE MATCH

“THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE” SAMOA JOE VS. JAY LETHAL

Fresh off beating Sabu at Lockdown, X Division Champion Samoa Joe will step back into the six-sided ring this Thursday night on SpikeTV to defend the X gold against Team USA member Jay Lethal! Can Lethal pull off the impossible this Thursday and beat “The Samoan Submission Machine”? Or, will Joe continue his domination of TNA’s X Division? Tune in and find out!

WORLD X CUP TAG TEAM MATCH: TEAM USA’S ALEX SHELLEY AND SONJAY DUTT VS. TEAM JAPAN’S HIROOKI GOTO AND MINORU TANAKA

The World X Cup international event kicks off this Thursday night, as Shelley and Dutt from Team USA will face Japan’s Goto and Tanaka in a tag team match! Points will be on the line in this opening bout! Tune in this Thursday night to get more news on the World X Cup tournament, including updates on Team Canada and Team Mexico!

Also appearances by – Sting, Jeff Jarrett, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, the newly reinstated Raven, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels, the TNA Knockouts and many more!

Plus, matches will be announced for TNA’s May “Sacrifice” Pay-Per-View event!

Well it looks like TNA has learned that Joe = ratings...lol. No seriously, its good to see another X title match on Impact, as it was the only title that hadn't been defended even once on TV since the move to Spike. In fact, I can only remember 2 X-title matches on free tv at all...AJ defending against Kazarian on the 2nd Impact ever and then defending against Kid Kash about halfway through the FSN days. I wouldn't want to see them do title matches every week, but every once in awhile, why not? It makes Impact seem less like an informercial and more like an event.

Anyway, vverall, I'd say this looks like a good show. Shelley's interaction with the rest of Team USA has been great so far, so I'm really looking forward to seeing more of that and I'm very happy that Christian and Abyss are continuing their feud. It's been developed nicely so far....and could really benefit from taking some of the spotlight from Jarrett and Sting. But I digress....I'm hoping for a good show tonight. Thoughts?

Um, when Spike moved TNA to Thursdays, Daniels defended and lost the title to Samoa Joe.

Or did you mean besides that match?

Yeah I meant besides that one. I was applauded them for having another one so soon.

Guest El Satanico

Did they overdub Mitchell's voice in the beginning?

That was...weird

I love James Mitchall. It's like the guy is legitimately evil. If someone told me he started his day by eating the hearts of baby orphans and kicking small animals, I would believe them.

Course, they couldn't call it a TLC match. That's most likely a WWE Trademark.

But hey, chains are good too. And they didn't go the obvious route of a plain-old Chain match.

The long commercial break kind of took me out of it, but otherwise, that was a pretty good tv match. Christian showed great fire in his run in and promo. And at least some of the wit that got him over came back with the Shrek comment. The interference by Team Canada is beyond played though....

I'm loving the double team moves by Shelly & Dutt but somebody has to tell them they are not in the backyard...10 tandam spots in a roll isn't exacting a good thing.

I like the little reference Senshi did to Samoa Joe with the hand thing.

Hmm...missed that due to bathroom.

...Senshi beating Samoa Joe for the title?

That's what I think they're building to, as he was talking about returning to the X Division for " a new challenge."

That segment wasn't as bad as it sounded in the spoilers....it wasn't great by any means, but it didn't tank. Maybe its the magic of having three days to edit your show. The World Cup match was a fun spotfest, though I didn't really care who won because they haven't explained why the world cup matters...and I'd love to see Joe and Lethal get 15-20 minutes on a PPV one day. They're TV matches have always been fun.

Guest El Satanico

That end segment wasn't bad, but it was alittle long and drawn out. Hopefully it's quicker next week.

Guest burth179

Luger looked OLD. I am was hoping Joe would be the partner since he and Steiner got in each other's face a little...

I wonder if Nash's is going to be the new DoA? I've been trying to figure out why else they'd have Shelley interview him, and that's about the only logical thing I can think of. I'm oretty sure he's not going to announce his returning to the ring...

Luger looked OLD. I am was hoping Joe would be the partner since he and Steiner got in each other's face a little...

Luger looked like Mick Jagger in the face. If they didn't say Lex Luger, I would have thought it was Mick with dyed hair.

Not a bad show, enjoyable with some good matches. Disappointed Lethal isn't the one who is taking down Joe but if it ends up being Ki, I can handle that just fine.

Personnally I don't know what to think about Buff and Luger. If its only a one time deal, I'm fine with it but if its not they should only wrestle every so often. On the plus side of having Buff, he could turn heel (I liked Buff as a hell more than a face) and tag with Steiner again. So a new team could be added to the somewhat lacking tag divison. Luger is really tall and I'm hoping its a one time shot.

Well, this was certanly better than expected. The ending segment didn't need ten minutes though. X-division match needed more time. Lethal didn't get nearly enough offence to be taken seriously as a contender.

From the sounds of things, it wasnt to bad an Impact. Makes a change.

Ill be sure to tune into the uk showing.