TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

Guest Vitamin X
Appropriate considering the lack of brains in the Pack's GM office the last few years.

Yeah, that was Mike Sherman.

... y'know, this guy:

sherm2.jpg

So does Davis go to the Niners or do they trade the pick for some fine mountain real estate in Montana?

i know the raiders won't pick leinart, but i pray they don't pick another db. they have so many more pressing concerns. especially after passing on benro (which was a huge mistake) they should know they need to draft a qb as opposed to getting other teams leftover scraps. man, they're silly.

"Where else can you suck heads and sink putts in the same day?"

That is SO begging for an Annkia Sorenstram or Michelle Wie joke.

Matt just had the "I'm going to Arizona" look on his face.

I think Lienart would be great in the desert. He could learn from Warner, have James in the backfield and throw the ball to Fitz and Boldin. I think most QB's would love that situation.

Seriously, he may not get as much money as he would have gotten, but that's got to be almost a dream situation for a QB. Throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin, handing off to Edgerrin James.. as a rookie. That's a perfect scenario.

i know the raiders won't pick leinart, but i pray they don't pick another db. they have so many more pressing concerns. especially after passing on benro (which was a huge mistake) they should know they need to draft a qb as opposed to getting other teams leftover scraps. man, they're silly.

I have the Raiders taking Michael Huff with the #7 pick, since they just got rid of Charles Woodson.

Matt just had the "I'm going to Arizona" look on his face.

I think Lienart would be great in the desert. He could learn from Warner, have James in the backfield and throw the ball to Fitz and Boldin. I think most QB's would love that situation.

Seriously, he may not get as much money as he would have gotten, but that's got to be almost a dream situation for a QB. Throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin, handing off to Edgerrin James.. as a rookie. That's a perfect scenario.

absolutely. the cardinals have built a solid offense. leinart would be a great addition.

Cute bit from Fox Sports about the Jets...

As for the Jets front brass, no matter what, they made the wrong decision. It's like filling out a page of "Mad Libs". As Steve Politi of the Newark Star-Ledger just said to me, "No matter what, five years from now, they'll be saying "We took __________ over _________ with the fourth pick of the draft?" He's right.

Vernon looks really excited to be holding up that Niners jersey. Look at the bright side man, at least Brett Favre won't berate you if you try to get a good deal before training camp.

The Cardinals also had I believe the number 12 defense in the league last year, and they were hurt with alot of injuries as well.

So I think if Lienart went to AZ, the desert may have hope.

Fuck, I just woke up. Missed an hour of draft coverage.

Well, I wouldn't say you "missed" much of anything...

Guest Smues
Fuck, I just woke up. Missed an hour of draft coverage.

Don't worry, they're repeat everything they've said about Reggie Bush plenty of times.

Guest Smues

Here we go, I have no idea who they'll take.

And it's................Michael Huff. Eh

Guest Vitamin X

Hmmm so from the 4th pick down, it looks like they've been making good choices.

So far I am 6 for 6 in my picks. If the Raiders take Huff I should be good until the 11 comes around.

Mario Williams doesn't count unless you had the Texans taking him before yesterday night when the news broke.