TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

You know what I hate? The fact that I keep blowing up my dynasty via some way. I downloaded the real rosters and I got it to work, but I accidently killed my dynasty.

Ugh, just dammit.

Oh well. Then, I think I was drunk, decided to start yet another dynasty, but have like a whole bunch of friends on many different teams and keep track of them. So far 6 people and probably counting.

I hear ya. I'll start a campus legend with a team and be like "man fuck this team" and pick a new one.

That's what I did with Louisville. I got the roster all set up and I started playing and then I was like "Ugh. I don't like using this team."

So now I'm back to square one.

I want to be a campus legend QB that slings the ball 35 times a game and my eyes have centered on Texas Tech.

Unfortunately they don't have any decent Tech rosters up but I put in the starting RB, Hicks, Filani, and a good defensive players name. That was pretty much it. I'm tired of putting in complete rosters.

I've put in a complete roster for OU, Nebraska, Louisville, and Baylor(i'm using them for dynasty) and I've done the big stars on every other team.

If you've got Pro Action Replay you can download the rosters via a USB drive thingie and then use PAR to transfer the crushed files over to the actual game. That's what I did. But while deleting the old roster files, I deleted my Dynasty with it.

But I'm working on my new dynasty and looking at being a QB for some team in SuperStar because its stupid that you do a drill for the 4-40 and get no points for speed and only get like 88 I think points out of 100 to do player creation, and at least if I'm a QB, I don't hafta worry about that crap cause I'll just sling it.

And I went WR and HB, but you basically can only crank up speed, agility, and acceleration and having nothing for everything else. Which is stupid. Speed should be determined by the 4-40.

The maximum points you can get in the summer drills to set up a Legend as a QB is 60, I think. 12 points per drill. The 4-40 does count towards speed rating, by giving you points to upgrade the speed. If you max out your QB points in summer drill and use the attribute points well, your QB can be rated 90-91 to enter his freshman season.

Ok, so I didn't delve that far, but you CAN get more points before the season? Ah, I see. Should've played more.

So if I started a WR, what should I work with to make sure he's a ***** player. I only get *** but that's by bulking up Speed to 99, Accel to 95 and Agility to 95.

Ok, so I didn't delve that far, but you CAN get more points before the season? Ah, I see. Should've played more.

So if I started a WR, what should I work with to make sure he's a ***** player. I only get *** but that's by bulking up Speed to 99, Accel to 95 and Agility to 95.

That is where I personally haven't found out. In NCAA, I always use a QB as my designated player. And I see something missing from your WR attributes that's kinda important. That thing called "catching". You need some semblance of awareness so you'd know what the fuck is going on during a play. Also need some strength (not too much, I'd guess it's not an important attribute to begin the season with), tackle breaking ability is semi important too.

I figured I'd add those later on. You only get 88 about points for WR. But I'll fiddle with it and see what I can come up with. Cause I wanted to play as what position I would be IRL. Which is a 5'11 WR. I'll try working with what you say and see if that helps my abilities.

I had a cup of coffee as a HB legend, and the most points I think you can get from that position is 80. It was harder to get him to be a ***** prospect, due to the fact as a multi-faceted HB, you need a lot of points for a lot of attributes. I think, from what you said, about WRs getting a possible 100 points (meaning 20 per drill?), I would think it's harder than QB and HB to get a ***** rating. Unless you had attributes like Speed, Awareness, Agility, Acceleration, Jumping, Catching, Tackle breaking, and maybe Stamina and Toughness, to be in the high 80s- low/mid 90s, your WR wouldnt be a ***** prospect, I think.

Actually, it was HB I originally tried and you can get at least up to 88 points.

And how to build at least a 4*, is to build up Speed to 99, agility and accel I think to 85 and break tackle to 70. I signed up with Penn State and have been mowing down defenses with myself (cause I'm now 99 speed, 99 accel, 99 agility, and 99 break tackle). Don't bother with stamina to start with, and frankly skip over the practices. The gains are minimal practices. Also I picked an easy course and only need to study once to get at least two position drills in a week to earn points towards my player.

I had a huge ass great game against Ohio State. I had like 5 turnovers, thanks to my sorry ass fumbling (yet I was always on the ground), but I managed to beat Ohio State in first OT, 35-28. ^_^ It was such a fun game.

I set the rushing title record for most rushing yards in one game, twice this season. I set it in my first game against the Arkon Zips and then did it again against the ... you know what? I forget the team, but it was a weak one.

I like Campus Legend more than regular season. I'm more involved in it and really can't wait to continue my slaughter of defenses. As soon as my carrying is 99, I'm so going to build up my strength. ^_^ Make myself an invincible rushing back.

So if you pick an easy major you only get points towards one stat instead of the 3 you'd get if you picked a difficult major right? Does it affect anything else like being on the dean's honor roll and your campus popularity?

Because running through two position drills a week sounds like an easy 6 points each week.

Yeah but if you pick a hard one don't you have to study and meet with the tutor each week to get a high ranking? I know I was doing that and my GPA was in the 3's and then one week I went to a social events instead of studying and it plummeted.

So if you pick an easy major you only get points towards one stat instead of the 3 you'd get if you picked a difficult major right? Does it affect anything else like being on the dean's honor roll and your campus popularity?

Because running through two position drills a week sounds like an easy 6 points each week.

Actually if you do the two positions drills a week you can earn up to 8 points per week. 4 per positon drill. I went with NCAA Team History or something like that. Considering I know nothing about NCAA. So its an easy 8 pts per week, and you still get to start no matter what. Or at least I am, considering the HB behind me on the depth chart is rated as a 90 overall.

Nah, I prefer a difficult course. Bigger boosts. Plus I feel better knowing I graduated college with US History degree than I do NCAA Team Nicknames.

Considering I've only played 5 weeks (I'm currently in the middle of game 5), and I've got most of my key stats maxed, I don't think it makes much a difference. Especially when you have stats at 52 and use a single point jumps it up by like 4-6. I don't think that matters.

Yeah but if you pick a hard one don't you have to study and meet with the tutor each week to get a high ranking? I know I was doing that and my GPA was in the 3's and then one week I went to a social events instead of studying and it plummeted.

I don't even bother with social events. My campus popularity is nearly 2/3s full and that's cause I broke the rushing game mark record. It went from nothing to half, then the second time to nearly full.

My week: Position Drill/Meet With Tutor/Study or Social Activities (when Im too tired to study)

Made the Dean's List 4 years in a row with that method.

I'm just studying once a week and getting position drills, and I'm still maintaining a 3.0 average. I usually go 2 position drills first, then on Friday have my study period. Works out fairly well for me.

I'm currently leading one of the get goers for the Heisman too, so I'm very estatic right now. <_< ...just cause I've got like nearly 1.5k in rushing yards in 5 games and 20+ TDs doesn't help that much. ^_^ Penn State's got an awesome front line. ...well, except against Ohio State, they butchered it and only allowed me to get like 150.

Oh and it was hilarious how the game ended. I threw a play action pass, and was called for pass interference in OT. I cried out bullshit cause I was in front of the guy slowing down to catch the pass and got called for it. So I turned around called the same play but flipped and it worked AGAIN. And then it was like monkey see, monkey do. They do a passing play and get called for pass interfence, and then call a flip of the play and it looks like they are gonna score, but I managed to get him to cough up the ball on the 1 yarder and gobble it up for the win. ^_^ It was the only turnover Ohio State had and I was damned happy for it.

...sadly, this game was only 3rd best on my all-time Classic's list. Which is funny considering I thought it was the best. But probably all my turnovers marred it.

I had 4 years of my NCAA career to go. I didn't need to be in a rush and try to max out all my stats within a month as a freshman. This is why I like the difficult course thing, it keeps things grounded, and actually, from what I see, having a great education helps with your Madden attributes like awareness and IQ.

It's not a necessity. I just like having little advantages here and there to help my Madden superstar. And too bad US History is for Qbs really, because that's like the best/easiest course to take in the difficult category.

I did a mediocre major for campus legend and my guy has been destroying people in his junior year. I just hate that i got him so fucking fast that he went from being the college version of me ( fast accurate, can't throw the NCAA level deep ball, to being michael vick with brady's awareness and manning's arm that shit doesn't happen.)

Damn did they make this game harder?

I was awesome on Heisman in the other versions in this version though I can't play on Heisman. My defense can't stop shit on Heisman and I can't ever run the ball. There's never a hole and they run me down if I get to the outside. But my defense just bounces off of their RBs and the pass is always precision on Heisman.

Plus it's too hard to hold sprint and hit the cover the ball button.

And I still can't figure out how to kick it long with this damn new meter.

I don't understand how people think the kicking meter's hard. I actually think it's too easy. I'm a candidat for the Groza every year, even when I had a freshman at kicker who was rated like 72 or something. He can still boot the 50 yarders too. The only reason I don't win it every year is that I tend to go for it if I'm 4th and 2 or something in the red zone and I usually only end up with about 10-15 attempts a year.

One thing I've noticed though that kind of annoys me: I haven't seen the CPU miss a FG yet in 3 1/2 seasons. Sure, you can block them, and by making that focal, I can see why they'd cut down on straight up misses, but right now a 55 yd FG attempt for the CPU is the same as an extra point. Just a minor thing that pisses me off. I did finally get one of my FG's blocked the other day, and it was by Va. Tech. I thought it was kinda neat that they put it into their system that a Beamer coached team would be more likely to block a FG even if they didn't have the attributes for the individual players any more.

Yes the CPU never misses a FG. It drives me insane.

On Heisman in NCAA 06 I was still blowing people out by 50 points. On Heisman in NCAA 07 it's always a close game and my opponents always have the greatest 3rd down conversion rate EVER. `

Guest Princess Leena

I've had the CPU miss a couple long FG's. But, still unrealistic.

Kicking from the hashes is easy once you get the hang of it. I aim at the near goalpost. Pull straight back on the meter, and slightly to the side you're kicking at, going forward. You'll make them more often than not.

Whoa.

I'm playing as Hawaii in Dynasty (#23 in the nation so far) against #1 USC in the Coliseum. We've both scored on each posession we've had the whole game, but I had to settle for a field goal in the 2nd quarter, so the score is 56-52 USC. Unfortunately, USC has the ball with 48 seconds left in the 4th quarter on 3rd down and 2. For whatever fucking reason, they go for the deep bomb to the end zone,and it gets PICKED OFF~! at the 2. A 52 yard bomb to the end zone with 0:09 left gives the Warriors a 59-56 victory and a 991 Classic rating.

Fucking tremendous.

I wonder what they did to make Heisman mode so much more difficult in this one than they did in other ones but I noticed a couple of things when playing on this difficulty:

-I absolutely cannot run the ball. My players are run down immediately by d-lineman!

-everyone on defense seems faster than my players and put on this extra burst of speed

-the defense ALWAYS lands a big hit if they get behind my player and have a chance to deliver a tackle

Also just general musings:

-stop roughing the kicker! my players won't quit knocking the fucking kicker out!

-my d-lineman almost never get tackles or sacks. it's absurd.

Guest Princess Leena

I hate the big hits from behind, too. It's completely unrealistic and lame.

Also just general musings:

-stop roughing the kicker! my players won't quit knocking the fucking kicker out!

-my d-lineman almost never get tackles or sacks. it's absurd.

Sadly nothing I know of works for stopping the roughing of the kicker. The d-line sacking is pretty easy. Rap on the sprint button upon locking up and when it seems you've got a jump on the lineman, use the L1 or R1. ...you probably already do that, but I figured I'd mention. Also use only your strongest strength dline player for this because they'll burst though easily.

Well, it's probably about time to let the thread die, but I just had my best game and I wanted to post about it. I was playing Wake at home, and they had a 24-22 lead with just over 2:00 left and 1st and goal from my 1 yard line. I only had one timeout remaining and actually briefly considered letting them score.

Anyway, I stopped them for half a yard on 1st down, got a sack for a loss of 7 on 2nd, then tackled a receiver for a 5 yard completion and ultimately made them kick a 19 yard field goal. I got the ball back with 0:59 left and made a quick drive down the field with no timeouts left, scoring the winning TD on a 26 yard strike with 0:08 remaining for a 30-27 win. A goal-line stand and a late TD drive with no timeouts makes for the best come from behind win I've had yet.