TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for not wanting to see the series, and I don't really have a problem with that, that's their opinion. But I get tired of reading about it every year.

"I'm so tired of the Kobe/Shaq, LeBron, etc. media cocksucking!"

later, when all those teams are out

"Aww man, Spurs/Pistons? Boring~!"

I won't complain if the Clippers and/or Mavs win, but it's the same shit here every year, and it just gets tiresome.

Thank you.

I personally will never care as long as the two best teams are there. If people could have paid attention last year they would have seen a great series between thePistons and The Spurs. I like basketball...the two teams in the finals are USUALLY the best at playing basketball...me likey finals.

I personally don't care, but I ain't making the ratings jump so I understand other people not liking it.

Shaq says the Heat are making no excuses about last season. You know, except all the whining about how he and Wade were playing hurt in that series.

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for not wanting to see the series, and I don't really have a problem with that, that's their opinion. But I get tired of reading about it every year.

I won't complain if the Clippers and/or Mavs win, but it's the same shit here every year, and it just gets tiresome.

Fair enough. I'd watch any series besides Pistons/Spurs just because I'd have at least have one player or team to root for. (I couldn't watch Spurs/Nets back in the day either for much the same reason) At this point it just seems like the Mavs, Clippers, Suns and Heat are not going to be able to prevent that from happening again.

The funny thing about that series is that Wade played in Game 7 but not game 6, which the Pistons won at home. The Heat have no excuses for not defending home court and I don't think that they will be able to pull this one out without home court advantage simply because I can see Detroit stealing one in Miami to counteract Miami stealing one in Detroit

Now I fall into the first category about getting tired of the star-power cocksucking but I'm happy that it's Spurs/Pistons because they play team basketball and I love it.

I thought those tired of the cocksucking would be happy when they get two teams with no one big star.

The Mavs definitely can win tonight, however. I picked the Spurs, and I'm not going against that, I just wanted to get that out there so it didn't seem like I was counting the Mavs out. If the Mavs win, I really think any of the three teams could come out of the West from there, though.

Now I fall into the first category about getting tired of the star-power cocksucking but I'm happy that it's Spurs/Pistons because they play team basketball and I love it.

I thought those tired of the cocksucking would be happy when they get two teams with no one big star.

Like you, you like to hate teams/players. It's an crucial part for alot of fans to get into a game/series. People are more likely to watch someone they hate, rather then someone they don't care for.

Sports, at it's core is a spectacle and beyond the niche market of fans who just want good ball, need someone or something to hate or love.

People don't love SA or Detroit and they don't hate them because hatred breeds from interest, you can't hate something that you have no interest or understanding of.

So when you put two teams that a huge chunk of the viewing nation don't care about mainly because of the lack of interest in the players or the styles. That's why people complain, because people want to root against someone. That's why people bet, to care about something that doesn't directly involve them.

Well I care about the players on the Spurs and Pistons teams. They're big names to me. So I like to watch them and am drooling for the finals to be a rematch.

Well I care about the players on the Spurs and Pistons teams. They're big names to me. So I like to watch them and am drooling for the finals to be a rematch.

This isn't a "who Dama likes" debate, it's about why Spurs/Pistons is the worst national match-up. The ratings and national interest do matter, even if you aren't bothered by it.

Keith Van Horn seems to be trying to set the playoff record for quickest DQ by getting 3 fouls in about as many minutes in consecutive games.

Guest NYankees

Mavs are shooting 14 out of 16 for 35 points so far in the first quarter. 35-25. Make that 37-25.

Um, aren't the Spurs supposed to be a good defensive team? The Mavs will easily have more at halftime than the Cavs had in all of Game 7 yesterday.

The question is whether the Mavs can keep up the blistering pace.

I still think this goes down to at least the last 3 minutes, if not the final minute.

I don't know, the Spurs seem to be a step slow tonight, and Dalla has been shooting well and pushing it when they can.

Considering that Van Horn is a defensive liability (and I am being nice), no wonder has picked up three fouls.

This isn't a "who Dama likes" debate, it's about why Spurs/Pistons is the worst national match-up. The ratings and national interest do matter, even if you aren't bothered by it.

If it does happen again, what would the media have to hype? Last time they had "OMG Larry Brown might be leaving!!!" What would it be this time?

I have been surprised by this game so far.

National interest doesn't matter one single bit to me. I don't care if the nation is chomping at the bit to see it or if they're making death threats to keep it off TV.

And I honestly don't care who wins between the Spurs and Mavs. I want SA but if they lose I wouldn't cry or be upset.

Dallas is beating the Spurs asses.

I think the Suns are going to do the same to the Clippers.

I don't think they can maintain this either, but I love watching it.

What goes up must come down.

I expect a tight finish still. I picked Dallas to win this series, but I do have my doubts now....Yeah..I know they are up big at the half...but I have this feeling now.