TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivalaultra

No Buffet for you!

There is a chinese buffet place by my old job, and they had a sign that said they would charge you for any extra sushi you left on your plate. I support their decision because the Sushi was really kind of a treat they did on top of giving a buffet of the normal cuisine, not to mention the fish in the sushi probably cost more then everything else in the buffet tenfold.

Plus, by the age of about 12, everyone should know the secret to buffets is to take a very small amount of things, that way if you don't like it, only a little bit is wasted, and you can also have room to sample more things.

I think some of us are forgetting that buffet food has a high chance of being awful. It's just been sitting there for hours.

The buffet by my school, I managed to time it just right to when the food is fresh. Also, I like Hibachi grills along my buffet for some reason and they don't charge for that either, so it's win-win for me.

There is a chinese buffet place by my old job, and they had a sign that said they would charge you for any extra sushi you left on your plate. I support their decision because the Sushi was really kind of a treat they did on top of giving a buffet of the normal cuisine, not to mention the fish in the sushi probably cost more then everything else in the buffet tenfold.

Plus, by the age of about 12, everyone should know the secret to buffets is to take a very small amount of things, that way if you don't like it, only a little bit is wasted, and you can also have room to sample more things.

It's unbelievable how many people don't know/practise this.

Baron and I have a golfing buddy who does the exact opposite of what you just suggested everytime we eat. Throws a huge slab of meat and all the bread and potatoes he can get onto his first plate. Inhales it. Is full instantly. Is left wondering why everyone isnt hungry 20 minutes later. You can set your watch to this.

I think some of us are forgetting that buffet food has a high chance of being awful. It's just been sitting there for hours.

This is not the case for a lot of restaurants, actually.

The woman in question in the original article sounded like some white trash bitch out with her boyfriend and two kids, out to get some cheap fun by wasting food. The restaurant is a private establishment, they can kick out whoever they want.

My experience with Chinese buffets is usually this (at least the two newer ones in this area): They start out really great when they first open, but by about six months later the quality of the food really declines, no matter what time of day you go. Selection declines, and the food is always lukewarm and not hot, no matter time of day. Really disappointing, as I enjoy Chinese food.

Yeah, I've been to take out places, etc. There's a real upper end Chinese restaurant in INdy, where white folk are the waitresses and stuff. They still give insane portions of rice with every meal.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I prefer non-buffet Chinese restaurants. A couple places in Florida I used to frequent so much the cook would see me and start cooking. I never got the heaping rice portions, though.. always had to ask for more.. and then get charged for it. But the food was worth it. Haven't found a decent sit-down here in WV.. :(

...I used to frequent so much the cook would see me and start cooking.

Awesome.

Yes, I've been to real Chinese restaurants. There is one in the town I live that is basically take out, but they have sit down dining too...it's the kind where the dishes are served in a foil pan, and the rice comes in the paper boxes, etc.

There is a really good Chinese restaurant in Janesville, WI, called the Cozy Inn...it's been around since like, the 1930s or so. It is neat because it has that feel on the inside. The booths are tall and circular, and the food is _really_ good, but pricier than your average Chinese place. Probably the best Chinese I've ever had.

Has anyone been to a Chinese Restaurant that is not a buffet?

Yes.

I've heard stories from people that work at buffets that have made it so that I'll never go to another one again.

I can think of one chinese restaurant that is a buffet around here.

One.

Out of something more than ten, possibly more than thirty.

Must be the locale.

Lots of Chinese takeout/dine-in places down here, but a lot of them don't make good rice. They make yellow fried rice with peas, carrots and other vegetables (and no, it wasn't veggie fried rice).

The girlfriend and I found a new restaurant close to our place that actually makes the brown fried rice and all of their other food is good as well.

We go to buffets every once in a while. After I eat too much chinese or japanese food, I can barely move. If we're going buffeting, we rock Golden Corral.

Lots of Chinese takeout/dine-in places down here, but a lot of them don't make good rice. They make yellow fried rice with peas, carrots and other vegetables (and no, it wasn't veggie fried rice).

The girlfriend and I found a new restaurant close to our place that actually makes the brown fried rice and all of their other food is good as well.

We go to buffets every once in a while. After I eat too much chinese or japanese food, I can barely move. If we're going buffeting, we rock Golden Corral.

Golden Corrall is where the fuck it's at. Also, while it's probably been 10 years since I've eaten at one, Shoney's was a pretty good all you can eat.

Guest Felonies!
After I eat too much chinese or japanese food, I can barely move.

See, I'm not the only one! Max turns into a slutslug too!

Interestingly enough, I actually went to a different buffet today then my usual stop and while there was an upgrade with interior, the food selection was dramatically lower but it had a really nice sushi spread but I don't care for sushi.

Anyways, it reminded me of something. Any time you go to these places, the general population is mexicans and small time businessmen. I don't often frequent mexican places, but I doubt chinese are eating at mexican resturants.

She was probably fat with kids she got when she was in HS and had one of those really skinny white trash boyfriends that never wears sleeves.

My friend James(yes the homo from the LSD thread) will go to Golden Corral and take all the Mac and Cheese and put it on a plate and then just set it aside. He says he does it so that they'll put out fresh Mac and Cheese. He hasn't gotten in trouble for this practice yet but I can't wait until he's busted for it.

I've got two different Chinese restaurants that I frequent. One is my 'takeout' place, where I just go to get takeout, and the other is a buffet. I'm actually pretty excited because there's a new Chinese place opening literally about 2 blocks from where I live so I'll be able to walk there in like 5 minutes whenever the craving hits me.

I love my buffet place, though. I go about every other week. It's pretty reasonably priced, too, six bucks for weekday lunch, a couple more for dinner. I always leave a good tip, too, for two reasons: 1) the help is always very polite and accomodating, and 2) on any given weekday there are about 2 dozen Mexican day laborers who come in there, eat big platefuls of food for lunch, and then never leave so much as a nickel in way of a tip.

I dig the name of the Chinese place near my house, but refuse to eat there since the one time I went in the food sucked. But the alure of Chinese Buffet City might bring me back.

There was a kick ass sit-down Chinese place just down the street from my apartment, but it closed.

No, Panda Express doesn't count as chinese food, much like Taco Bell doesn't count as Mexican.