TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dips

The OaO Raw thread for 05/15/06

Thoughts:

1.)

~Funk reminded me of one of my Grandpa's buddies; Dude seems like he can hardly move, probably shouldn't even be able to, but then you see him when he's helping remodel the house or somethin', and dude is goin' at it like as hard as I am, and I'm almost 22, this dude's pushing 72, and I think Funk is in his late 70's(!).

Funk, is only in his early 60's.

~Terry Funk = Kurt Angle in three years.

And, sadly, they'll both probably be in wheelchairs, or dead a few years after that.

~The Foley/ Funk segment was fucking great.

~I love that Funk refered to Foley as 'Cactus'. Like, he knew Foley wasn't being completly sincere in his speech, and he could tell that Mick had reverted completly back into Cactus Jack, and was going over the edge and shit.

Funk has called him Cactus for years. To Funk, that's Foley's name.

2.)

~I want Kane to show up on Smackdown!, Destroy the FUCK out of The Great Khali, and Take on Taker again, with his mask back, because....

Fuck, I dunno, he wants to hide his face again, or he gets burnt somehow.

~And give him either the original full mask, and make it cover his entire head, or the one where you can see his mouth, so he can still do that awesome psycho smile, and have it be a mix of that mask and a Vader type mask.

Go watch 1998 tapes again. There's no need for them to revive the Taker angles with Kane

5.)

~Mickie James makes me feel funny in pants.

Wear shorts then

6.)

~That Carlito/ Maria segment was gold.

You like obvious set ups and obvious punchlines, don't you? It explains alot.

8.)

~Carlito and Doane are gonna be two of the next big stars along with Kennedy, no doubt about it.

You forgot about Punk. Punk and Doane, will headline Mania. Kennedy has McMahon's stamp of approval

10.)

~I'm calling it now, this Eugene/ Striker fued will end with Eugene becoming smart, and turning heel.

It's the best way to do it, in a fued with a "Teacher", and all, I think.

No,it's just classic lazy WWE booking

The Funk/Foley stuff seemed like Foley had an idea which was him and Funk cutting promos on each other with Funk calling Foley his son and Foley turning on him, and the thing was, Foley didn't know how to get there and half-assed the context and motivation.

Guest InuYasha
Did anyone else think that the Texas Tornado match was sloppy?

The match, the booking, the angle bait-&-switch, or the ending?

"Script" is a loose term. It seemed Funk had talking points that he'd hammer home again and again and again. The plus was that they completely manipulated the audience and had them reacting a lil bit differently than they regularly do.

"Script" is a loose term. It seemed Funk had talking points that he'd hammer home again and again and again. The plus was that they completely manipulated the audience and had them reacting a lil bit differently than they regularly do.

Well, by script I meant Foley told Funk to say this and that and when to say them. Then Funk just rambled, and Foley knew he had to work with it and get it back to the intended finish. It was good to see Foley obviously motivated in a promo again, even if he did rehash some older stuff, but it's stuff this audience hasn't really seen before from Foley.

You gotta think like Foley, it usually makes sense 3-4 weeks later. Foley is the only promo guy in WWE who builds his promos out ahead of time. What he said last night, probably gets significant in a month.

Besides, it wasn't that hard to figure out. If you read his blog, he has been building this character for weeks.

Thoughts:

1.)

~Funk reminded me of one of my Grandpa's buddies; Dude seems like he can hardly move, probably shouldn't even be able to, but then you see him when he's helping remodel the house or somethin', and dude is goin' at it like as hard as I am, and I'm almost 22, this dude's pushing 72, and I think Funk is in his late 70's(!).

Funk, is only in his early 60's.

~Terry Funk = Kurt Angle in three years.

And, sadly, they'll both probably be in wheelchairs, or dead a few years after that.

~The Foley/ Funk segment was fucking great.

~I love that Funk refered to Foley as 'Cactus'. Like, he knew Foley wasn't being completly sincere in his speech, and he could tell that Mick had reverted completly back into Cactus Jack, and was going over the edge and shit.

Funk has called him Cactus for years. To Funk, that's Foley's name.

2.)

~I want Kane to show up on Smackdown!, Destroy the FUCK out of The Great Khali, and Take on Taker again, with his mask back, because....

Fuck, I dunno, he wants to hide his face again, or he gets burnt somehow.

~And give him either the original full mask, and make it cover his entire head, or the one where you can see his mouth, so he can still do that awesome psycho smile, and have it be a mix of that mask and a Vader type mask.

Go watch 1998 tapes again. There's no need for them to revive the Taker angles with Kane

5.)

~Mickie James makes me feel funny in pants.

Wear shorts then

6.)

~That Carlito/ Maria segment was gold.

You like obvious set ups and obvious punchlines, don't you? It explains alot.

8.)

~Carlito and Doane are gonna be two of the next big stars along with Kennedy, no doubt about it.

You forgot about Punk. Punk and Doane, will headline Mania. Kennedy has McMahon's stamp of approval

10.)

~I'm calling it now, this Eugene/ Striker fued will end with Eugene becoming smart, and turning heel.

It's the best way to do it, in a fued with a "Teacher", and all, I think.

No,it's just classic lazy WWE booking

Whoa, dude. Settle down, now.

I don't have every Raw on tape so that I can just grab one from specific dates and shit, so I can't watch 98 again, though I really wish I could.

And Funk's only in his 60's, huh? I'll be damned. Now I feel even sorrier for the guy.

It wasn't so much that I enjoyed the fucking obvious to anyone who isn't blind and deaf set up and follow through on the joke.

I just liked the way the two of them pulled it off.

Plus, ya know, I'm all high and shit.

Peace

I think they're copying THe Estrada guy...

But maybe you, considering you post " Hahahahahaha" at the beggining and end of all of your posts.

I dig it.

You should do a Joker from Batman gimmick.

Did anyone else think that the Texas Tornado match was sloppy?

The match, the booking, the angle bait-&-switch, or the ending?

The whole... idea of the match coming about... and the ring work... Mainly when Cena was running over everyone and fucked up about 3 closelines as well as a boot to the stomach.

RVD did hit the best 5 star frogsplash that he has done in years. Probably the highlight of the match......

I guess that was their logical way of getting the IC title off of RVD.

You gotta think like Foley, it usually makes sense 3-4 weeks later. Foley is the only promo guy in WWE who builds his promos out ahead of time. What he said last night, probably gets significant in a month.

Besides, it wasn't that hard to figure out. If you read his blog, he has been building this character for weeks.

Yeah, Foley's all about the slow-burn gimmick. I wonder if his wife likes the Melina obsession coming through in character? Of course it couldn't be worse than WCW having him married to a Roseanne Barr-esque woman in curlers.

Well, Foley's wife did give him permission to fuck Barbara Eden if he ever got the chance, so who the hell knows?

Personally, I loved the segment between Foley and Funk. When I was watching it, I was worried that it was going to bomb, but it all came together at the end. Foley must have really gotten into the promo seeing how his face lost all color when Funk started insulting his family. I do I have to say that Out-of-Shape Foley and Old Man Funk really don't look good throwing punches at each other.

But maybe you, considering you post " Hahahahahaha" at the beggining and end of all of your posts.

I dig it.

It's cause shit's funny to me... That's why I laugh...

Is it really that hard to understand people?????

You guys take the internet too seriously.

Yeah the handling of RVD on Raw was bizarre. I didn't care so much that he didn't save Funk, since I'm assuming the ECW guys will become a unified front in the near future. I was baffled that he got no post match "This is bullshit!" type interview where he ranted at Vince trying to screw the ECW guy over and cost him the IC title.

Instead we get a brooding HHH, pissed that he didn't cover Cena in time (why he didn't just cover both men I have no idea). Who was screwed here...HHH for not covering someone in time, or RVD for losing his belt in a match where he wasn't even originally involved?

I dig it.

Yea, but laughing at something, and actually typing HAHAHAHAHA in every post are two different things >_>

I'm shocked Hawk 34 didn't mention....

1. One of the Spirit Squad members yelling at the ref "I got till five" ala Danielson.

2. Matt Striker using the face wash ala Joe.

For someone who sneaks a ROH mention into nearly every thread he post in. I'm a bit dissapointed.

:P

I dig it.

Yea, but laughing at something, and actually typing HAHAHAHAHA in every post are two different things >_>

And why do you give a fuck what i laugh at?

I dig it.

And why do you give a fuck what i laugh at?

I didn't read anywhere that anybody gives a fuck what you laugh at.