TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shooting Star

Matches to check out

Err, yeah I saw it there, but I was sorta *kinda* hoping to download it. I've found a few of these laying around on sites that, well yeah sure you can watch them, but I was (sorta) hoping to download 'em. Don't care if the server is yousendit, sendspace, megaupload, rapidshare, whatever heh heh. But I was (just a teensy bit) hoping to download the matches. Or maybe, do you know how to download from DailyMotion?

Appreciate the info, btw. Thanks Curry

I completely forgot about this thread but here's Silva vs. Franklin 10 days late. I might upload Rampage vs Chuck later but that's a couple hundred megabytes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G4RWDEN

Guest mrbutcherer

Err, yeah I saw it there, but I was sorta *kinda* hoping to download it. I've found a few of these laying around on sites that, well yeah sure you can watch them, but I was (sorta) hoping to download 'em. Don't care if the server is yousendit, sendspace, megaupload, rapidshare, whatever heh heh. But I was (just a teensy bit) hoping to download the matches. Or maybe, do you know how to download from DailyMotion?

Appreciate the info, btw. Thanks Curry

I completely forgot about this thread but here's Silva vs. Franklin 10 days late. I might upload Rampage vs Chuck later but that's a couple hundred megabytes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G4RWDEN

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

Outta that lil list I put up the only ones I'm missing would be Fedor/Nog 2, the GSP matches and Hughes/Sherk. Silva/Franklin was BRUTAL with a capital BRUTE! Thanks so much Dragon.

Here are three "old-school" K-1 matches for you guys, as promised (like a year ago).

Ernesto Hoost vs. Peter Aerts (4/30/93)

Andy Hug vs. Branco Cikatic (3/4/94)

Andy Hug vs. Mike Bernardo (3/3/95)

The matches are clipped slightly (maybe a minute or two), but I can't transfer my VHS copies to my computer, so I had to settle for the clipped versions from the Anniversary set.

Let me know if you are having trouble with the links or you have questions in general concerning megaupload.

I dl'd Hoost/Aerts and that is a real good fight. I am not a huge, huge kickboxing fan, but it's really accessible. Constant movement (perhaps because of the clippyness, but it is certainly not hacked to bits) and you can't help but notice why Hoost got the nickname "Mr. Perfect". Maybe BR4L or anyone else can help shed some light on where Hoost ranks on the all-time list, but he is certainly one of, if not thee, best technical kickboxer I have seen, especially at his weight. The way he would slip a punch and throw a leg kick at the same time, his constant combos, his counters, just everything was at a high level. The only negative I can see is when his fights turn to brawls, it is either feast or famine, which would explain why he had such a hard time against Sapp. Against Hoost he'd come out good on some exchanges, and not good on others. Still, an overall impressive performance.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

So in my gradual but determined foray into the sport, I watched a couple of fights from this Shogun Rua fellow. Is his general M.O. grabbing his opponent by the head and kneeing them to death, throwing them down, and stomping them? If so, he's probably my new favorite. That shit is just mean.

(I watched him destroy Rampage Jackson and Ricardo Arona)

Shogun rules it. Good takedowns, underrated jiu-jitsu and an absolute killer when it comes to knowing when to finish somebody off. People though Arona would take him down and dry-hump him en route to a decison victory much like he did with Shoguns teammate Wanderlei Silva.

Uh-uh.

Oh, and his signature move is the flying stomp that he transitions to hammerfists when he lands on the person.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Awesome. Like probably everybody, I enjoy watching people getting hit in the face so hard they stop moving. Especially when the person getting hit wants to prevent that by rolling around on the ground.