TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Pay-Per-View Price Increasing

Starting on June 11, 2006 with ECW One Night Stand, WWE pay-per-views will see a price bump from $34.95 to $39.95. With the current 60/40 split, that would mean WWE would get another two dollars per PPV. They were making $14 a show and that number will jump to $16 under the new pricing. So, a Wrestlemania that does 930,000 buys will clear them an extra $1.8 million dollars. 250,000 buys under the old pricing generated $3.5 million. Now, WWE will make that on 218,750 buys so even if they lose some customers, they probably won't lose any revenue and if customers stay even, they make more money.

Wel, five more dollars won't hurt the wallets of the core buyers they have now. If they're willingly paying $34.95 for a majority of the single-brand shows, this won't stop them.

Guest croweater

Damn oil companies.

Glad to be in Australia where PPVs are $21AUD. That's about 14US.

I'll just continue to watch them at restaurants and/or download matches I want the next day. The only shows I've bought legit in the past 3 years are the WM's. I've yet to see a single brand show worth $35.

Guest Princess Leena

A businessman with plans to make money. And it will work.

Guest J0bber

It is highway robbery since he is just going to keep adding another $5 every couple of years until he dies and rots in hell with people of his kind like Stalin, Mussolini, and Reagan.

Guest Princess Leena

If enough people will pay for PPV's at $44.95, $49.95, etc... then why shouldn't Vince raise prices.

It is highway robbery since he is just going to keep adding another $5 every couple of years until he dies and rots in hell with people of his kind like Stalin, Mussolini, and Reagan.

Idiot. Do you even know how business works? You don't make your product cheaper when you can make more by charging more, and he will make more. Highway robbery would be if he suddenly charged $49.95 for every single-brand show. Then he'd just be every boxing ppv promoter in the last 10 years.

Vince has a fanbase of idiots who will go with the slight price increase, why shouldn't Vince, a businessman try to take more money from these idiots?

Also, comparing Vince McMahon, a circus act ringleader to Stalin and Mussolini is a completely moronic thing to say, even if it was just a lame attempt at sarcasm.

I didn't even know the PPV's were running for 34.99 now. I thought PPVs were still running around 24.99 and 29.99. Since its only 5 dollars more, I don't think its that bad of a deal. Its still expensive but the slight increase isn't bad.

Guest J0bber

Idiot. Do you even know how business works? You don't make your product cheaper when you can make more by charging more, and he will make more. Highway robbery would be if he suddenly charged $49.95 for every single-brand show. Then he'd just be every boxing ppv promoter in the last 10 years.

Vince has a fanbase of idiots who will go with the slight price increase, why shouldn't Vince, a businessman try to take more money from these idiots?

Also, comparing Vince McMahon, a circus act ringleader to Stalin and Mussolini is a completely moronic thing to say, even if it was just a lame attempt at sarcasm.

I didn't say people were not going to buy with the new price because I can almost gurantee that there are loyalists out there who would buy a sample of Vince's piss if he put it on the market. What I was trying to say is that Vince is taking advantage of people, like he usually does. This act of taking advantage of people is comparable to Stalin and Mussolini. Also, Vince and his band of writers practically killed Owen Hart and mocked Eddie Guerrero's death for pleasure so that doesn't help matters for his favor at all.

It's basic microeconomics: If the percent decrease in buyers is less than the percent increase in price, then total revenue will rise.

Vince is obviously still operating on the inelastic portion of his demand curve since he feels he can raise the price, and in that way, increase revenue.

Guest wildpegasus

It's kind of funny how all the people who advertise for the WWE adertise with the thought that the fanbase is generally poor but than on the other hand WWE only allows its PPVs to be seen by the rich. That is of course unless you pool a bunch of money together with your friends.

You need to be rich to pay $39.95? That's not that much money.

The WWE fanbase is poor, that's been soundly proven for years.

You just pretty much need a job to get a PPV.....sadly, I don't have one of those right now.

Guest wildpegasus

My shadow is here!

Uh yeah, I didn't say the fanbase wasn't poor so why are you replying to my comment as if I said they weren't poor?

And yes, $39.95 is a lot of freaking money. If you can afford to go around spending that on entertainment instead of food, shelter or clothing than yes you are indeed very rich and should be thankful for every cent of money you have. I would love to have that kind of money to spend freely and I don't consider myself poor either.

Guest Coffey

I think a lot of people around here fail to realize that you don't have to buy every single PPV if you want to watch a PPV. Most wrestling fan, not the die-hard fans but the casual fans, don't watch Raw every week...so why would they order a PPV every month or so?

You don't have to be rich to pay forty bucks for a PPV. However, twenty PPV's a year for forty bucks each could get a little pricey.

I think a lot of people around here fail to realize that you don't have to buy every single PPV if you want to watch a PPV. Most wrestling fan, not the die-hard fans but the casual fans, don't watch Raw every week...so why would they order a PPV every month or so?

You don't have to be rich to pay forty bucks for a PPV. However, twenty PPV's a year for forty bucks each could get a little pricey.

It'd be just over 900, once you factor in taxes. $900 per year is idiotic to spend on WWE ppv, but it's not that much out of a years worth of income.

I just can't imagine someone actually being dumb enough to order every ppv from WWE.

Is this just for US buys or international as well?

I think its just for US buys. Here in the UK, its currently £14.95(for the ones that are on Sky Box Office, free on Sky Sports).

My shadow is here!

Uh yeah, I didn't say the fanbase wasn't poor so why are you replying to my comment as if I said they weren't poor?

And yes, $39.95 is a lot of freaking money. If you can afford to go around spending that on entertainment instead of food, shelter or clothing than yes you are indeed very rich and should be thankful for every cent of money you have. I would love to have that kind of money to spend freely and I don't consider myself poor either.

I make a modest living, and by am no means rich, but spending 40$ in a given month on a PPV isn't going to run be broke.

$39.95 would not be a big deal if my satellite bill wasn't already hovering close to the $100 mark per month. (I have the everything pak) As it stands right now, when it comes to WWE, I only get the big ones, WM, Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series, and now the ECW PPV(s). I also sometimes get TNA, but I try to limit myself to one ppv a month. I usually have people come over to my house and everyone throws down approx 5 bucks depending on how many people we get. It works out good.

Guest Princess Leena

You'd be surprised how many dopes buy every PPV out of habit...

BAH! WWE could raise their PPV prices all they want. I just buy the good ones on DVD which is alot cheaper anyways, I could just fast forward through the bad matches and watch the good ones instead paying 40 bucks to suffer through the whole show.