TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - May/29th/06.

Also, since I doubt they planned this storyline until this after-noon, the fake kane had Kane's older mannerisms down to a T. That would suggest it could be Test, who would have a better knowledge of Kane's movements then Terkey or Trytan.

I don't like the fact that they turned Carlito face not too long ago, and they're not using him right now.

Damn, I forgot about Carlito. which is sad. He was an awesome heel and one of my favorites on Raw and now I don't even notice him anymore. this face turn is sucking already.

I completly forgot about Raw tonight.

Did I miss anything amazing?

When has anything amazing happened on Raw in the last 2 years? The highlights, i suppose are

Coach is the Exec. Assisstant (basically McMahon's servant)

Kane II or I (depending where this angle goes) debuts

Angle is ECW

Edge earns #1 contendership

HHH will join KMAC next week

Abyss from TNA came out dressed as old Kane and attacked new Kane while Shelton Benjamin breakdanced out of the ring.

Too bad Abyss looks nothing like Fake Kane at all. WWE could use a talent like Abyss, as opposed to Masters.

At first, I thought Fake Kane was that big Terkey (sp?) guy WWE recently signed from one of those MMA things.

Good call. So the suspects are Terkey, Test, Trytan or local talent. It'd likely a signed talent and I doubt they would waste Test in fake kane role.

I'd like to add Taker to the lineup for the fake Kane. Would anyone be surprised if WWE got him to do it?

So Kane is really the Undertaker and the Undertaker is really Kane?

At first, I thought Fake Kane was that big Terkey (sp?) guy WWE recently signed from one of those MMA things.

Good call. So the suspects are Terkey, Test, Trytan or local talent. It'd likely a signed talent and I doubt they would waste Test in fake kane role.

I'd like to add Taker to the lineup for the fake Kane. Would anyone be surprised if WWE got him to do it?

So Kane is really the Undertaker and the Undertaker is really Kane?

Well, when the Undertaker debuted he was briefly called Kane The Undertaker...

I completly forgot about Raw tonight.

Did I miss anything amazing?

When has anything amazing happened on Raw in the last 2 years? The highlights, i suppose are

Coach is the Exec. Assisstant (basically McMahon's servant)

Kane II or I (depending where this angle goes) debuts

Angle is ECW

Edge earns #1 contendership

HHH will join KMAC next week

I guess you didn't smell my sarcasm.

Kane II? Wow, let's do another angle that was crappy 12 years ago.

Another thing to note, How Ironic in the "Blondes vs Brunettes" match, the Blondes were the faces. big surprise :rolleyes:

really, the brunettes in that match are a hellava lot hotter than the generic barbie doll blonde Torrie, and the chucky-face lookalike Beth Phonix. Trish is pretty fine but Mickie, Victoria and Michelle are much hotter than she is aswell.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Wow what a way to bury Johnny Nitro on his "first" appearance on RAW.

Another Mr. McMahon kiss my ass club segment?? Come on this crap is overkill. So are we just going to see Triple H vs. Vince in the same pattern as Shawn vs. Vince?? With Shane & the Spirit dorks doing most of the dirty work....nothing like a fresh storyline.

I wish Vince would just go back to being behind the scenes and not in storylines that are stale and has already been done to death over the past 7 years.

Since Nitro pretty much has jobber written all over him after jobbing to Cena immediately, they probably want to consider moving Melina and Nitro over to ECW, and then when Mercury "recovers" move him there too and try re-pairing them up. I can just tell from Raw that Nitro and Melina alone just isn't going to fly, long term. And having Nitro flounder on Raw until Mercury returns is just going to be a negative, so why not move him over to ECW to feud with whoever?

My first guess was the fake Kane was Terkay, since they just signed him out of nowhere and they had to have a reason to do so. He has that type of hair that was sported there too, assuming that wasnt a wig he was wearing. Test is so jacked up these days, there was no way that was him, same with Snitsky.

I'm pretty much in the sentiment most have here about Vince right now. He can work if he isn't overexposed, but everytime he comes back on air, it seems like that is the case. Next weeks show is so predictable with the Vince-HHH stuff it doesnt even make me remotely interested to tune-in. That opening segment was so fucking boring to say the least. And why cant Coach just be a fucking manager to whomever and leave it at that? His ass kissing "assistant" role didnt work the first time w/ Bischoff, it wont work here. Pissed me a bit off to see them throw the GM deal aside --- its like, why even announce it if you are going to just bait and switch? Well, I guess I just answered my own question there.

The ECW stuff should have been huge news tonight but the way they went about it, it just seemed real flat. I think alot of it just has to do with teh crowd responses, which are confusing at best. I dont get how this seemed to work in WWE storylines/programming last year, and this year its just "eh" from a live crowd perspective since the angles they are pulling this year to build to the show seem stronger than last. They are going to need some good damn explanation in storyline mode for bringing Angle over to ECW after he was one of the heels against them last year, though. Regardless, I still think its a great idea to have Angle in ECW though, its just too bad Daniel Puter is basically blackballed from WWE as Heyman could probably book an Angle/Puter feud tremendously.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Nitro and Melina are good clones of Edge and Lita, that's fo' sure. And a great start on Raw too, jobbing to Cena.

The 'Taker .VS. fake 'Taker segment was pretty good. Can't wait for their match SummerSlam '94. It'll be awesome.

Does Stephanie McMahon want her husband to kiss her Dad's ass, or does she want him to tell him to "SUCK IT~!, lololol"??? Tune in next week to find out.

They'll probably get an 11.4 on the ratings this week.

Guest Kobe24KGold

The fake Kane looked like he came out of the 70's show with the long and messed up hair. :lol:

Guest nokia

Fake Kane this evening was Freakin Deacon from Deep South Wrestling.

Courtesy: Figure Four Weekly Online

The hair they used for fake Kane's mask looks like the hair Psicosis used on his masks. They should have at least wet it down. And I thought it was funny they used Kane's old ass titantron video, looping a red cloud pattern with shitty lightning overlays.

Since Nitro pretty much has jobber written all over him after jobbing to Cena immediately, they probably want to consider moving Melina and Nitro over to ECW, and then when Mercury "recovers" move him there too and try re-pairing them up. I can just tell from Raw that Nitro and Melina alone just isn't going to fly, long term. And having Nitro flounder on Raw until Mercury returns is just going to be a negative, so why not move him over to ECW to feud with whoever?

My first guess was the fake Kane was Terkay, since they just signed him out of nowhere and they had to have a reason to do so. He has that type of hair that was sported there too, assuming that wasnt a wig he was wearing. Test is so jacked up these days, there was no way that was him, same with Snitsky.

I'm pretty much in the sentiment most have here about Vince right now. He can work if he isn't overexposed, but everytime he comes back on air, it seems like that is the case. Next weeks show is so predictable with the Vince-HHH stuff it doesnt even make me remotely interested to tune-in. That opening segment was so fucking boring to say the least. And why cant Coach just be a fucking manager to whomever and leave it at that? His ass kissing "assistant" role didnt work the first time w/ Bischoff, it wont work here. Pissed me a bit off to see them throw the GM deal aside --- its like, why even announce it if you are going to just bait and switch? Well, I guess I just answered my own question there.

The ECW stuff should have been huge news tonight but the way they went about it, it just seemed real flat. I think alot of it just has to do with teh crowd responses, which are confusing at best. I dont get how this seemed to work in WWE storylines/programming last year, and this year its just "eh" from a live crowd perspective since the angles they are pulling this year to build to the show seem stronger than last. They are going to need some good damn explanation in storyline mode for bringing Angle over to ECW after he was one of the heels against them last year, though. Regardless, I still think its a great idea to have Angle in ECW though, its just too bad Daniel Puter is basically blackballed from WWE as Heyman could probably book an Angle/Puter feud tremendously.

It doesn't help that they have ran the ECW angle at mostly non-ECW hotbeds.

They should have put Nitro over, IMO.

Yet another McMahon ego-fest next weak. One more example of how Vince really has lost touch with wrestling.

This whole Kane Angle became pointless after his film came out.

Angle in ECW is so dumb, IMO.

Angle as the new ECW wrestler was a pretty big surprise to me. I think it could work pretty well. Definitely gives ECW some credibility, IMO.

Call me crazy, but I like the idea of this new Kane. Hey, at least it's SOMETHING they're doing with Kane now...rather than just have him squash people endlessly and switch between face and heel like he's been for the past couple years. It at least gives him a new feud. The new Kane really pulled off the '97 Kane thing pretty well...they need to fix his wig, though.

Also, "Freakin' Deacon" Dorian DeVille spent several weeks on the road feuding with Kane at house shows, so he's spent a lot of time working with Kane (which might explain how he could pull off such a good Kane impression).

deacon.gif