TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - May/29th/06.

Kenny wanted to prove to those fans who hated on him last week he could take a spinebuster >_>

It's never good to blow a spot, especially a spinebuster.

Well when there's a sledgehammer behind you that could possibly "impale" (not literally but, he would have landed on it standing upright last week if he wouldn't have moved it seems) you, then there's room to let it slide.

Nice of HHH to go from "totally destroyed w/ a bum knee" to "completely fresh w/ a slight limp" in an instant. That up-and-comer really needs the company to get behind him to build up some credibility.

Angle actually is the old vision of ECW, circa 1995, picking up where Malenko/Guererro/Benoit left off. People often over look some of the solid wrestling matches ECW had, because guys like Lawler always comment about how ECW was all about chairs and tables and barbedwire.

I just had a weird image...

Kurt Angle's image...in the ECW opening...to ECW music.

@_@

If Taz ever got back into shape and wanted to, I am sure Heyman would throw him in a feud with Angle. Would be nice, seeing as how their mini-WWE feud was pretty hot, but it was over and forgotten about way too fast. Taz could come in and roll the footage of him choking out Angle, and say "In WWE that wasn't a legal move, but here in ECW I can lock you into any submission I want....beat me if you can...survive.......if I let you" yadda yadda yadda.

Without spoling it for me....How was the show?

I just had a weird image...

Kurt Angle's image...in the ECW opening...to ECW music.

@_@

If Taz ever got back into shape and wanted to, I am sure Heyman would throw him in a feud with Angle. Would be nice, seeing as how their mini-WWE feud was pretty hot, but it was over and forgotten about way too fast. Taz could come in and roll the footage of him choking out Angle, and say "In WWE that wasn't a legal move, but here in ECW I can lock you into any submission I want....beat me if you can...survive.......if I let you" yadda yadda yadda.

Taz, could be in tip-top shape and still couldn't work. His neck is beyond fucked up, worse then Austin.

Guest JustPassinBy

I'm convinced if you're a fan of WWE Attitude, and could care less about "work-rate", then Spirit Squad isnt for you.

If you're fan of 80's cartoon wrestling, and care about work rate, then I guess the SS is enjoyable to watch.

Me personally, I cant understand anyone projecting anything for these SS guys consider none of them have shown any mic skills, nor have a unique look to headline any main event.

Why Vince continues to push them....Only reason I can think of is to get HHH over as a face. Put Cena/HHH against anyone, and the fans usually hate those guys. Put them against the SS, suddenly they are cheered.

Nevertheless, the SS continues its suckage. How much more boring can a 5-1, someone makes the save, main event be each week?

Guest JustPassinBy

How much more boring can a 5-1, someone makes the save, main event be each week?

Four Words.... Kiss My Ass Club.

Thats true.

Remember when the WWE actually had an exciting thing going when Edge won the Title.

Now its KMAC and the SS.

Amazing how quickly things turn.

Guest Princess Leena

Damn, the last 20 minutes of RAW showed just about every reason that it's a horrible show... yeesh.

I thought it was an average Raw at best

for one thing, what the fuck, they advertised that a new GM was going to be named but instead we get executive assistant Coach. they advertised a new GM not a fucking executive assistant. why advertise something and not follow through. I though for sure that a "GM" would be named and take over while McMahon is kept off TV but instead Raw still doesn't have a GM and McMahon is bringing back his ass on TV next week. oh joy

what HUGE mark out moment it was hearing Kane's old music again(one of the best themes in WWF history) and seeing the old ring attire and mask back, even if it wasn't "Kane" it was still cool to see. being a huge Kane fan sense his debut, this was a huge mark out moment for me. this is really the only storyline on Raw thats holding my interest big time and even though it is kinda cheesy, its still cool as hell.

the Foley/Heyman debate was boring as hell, but I was shocked when Kurt Angle came out. at least now this ECW thing is gaining my interest now. but man, if Batista, Orton and Kennedy don't come back by next week. SmackDown is fucked.

this whole "All 5 Spirit Squads Vs McMahon's Enemy of the week" Main Events is really starting to get old, their was no advancement to this so called DX return and we again got the same ending to Raw with the usual Spirit Squad beat down. come up with some new material for these guys already.

I almost forgot Cena was on the show.

Guest Princess Leena

The worst part about the bait-and-switch with the new GM this week... is that it probably was nixed just so Vince could do the "Kiss my ass club" bullshit at the end. Oy vey.

And we just had a "Kiss My Ass" club not to long ago, If we're going to be reduced to seeing a 60 year old man showing his ass on TV everyweek. I might as well stick with ECW.

I do like how the ECW ONS promos are done by Paul Heyman and no one acknowledges their existence.

Well, I know that there's a 7-footer who wrestles in Portland by the name of Paul Isadora. Perhaps that's him.

I know this is kinda late in the thread to post a reply, but Paul lives in Reno so there's a very slim chance it was him, but if it was, I'll know on Friday.

I'm assuming that the SS will aid Vince in making HHH comply with the KMAC. But honestly, who gives a shit about any of this? I mean they are wasting all sorts of TV time on this lame angle and HHH just won't fucking TURN FACE already.

There is way more interesting stuff here. For instance, why has John Cena not even cut a promo about his match with Rob Van Dam at the ECW PPV? I mean how does he feel about this? Why have they played solely on the idea of RVD being in the ECW environment rather than playing up the fact that he has never won a world title and this is his big chance to do so? Instead it seems like WWE management is so terrified of Cena being trashed that they won't let him cut a bitter anti ECW promo, or trash RVD, or anything really (and isn't Cena getting trashed what they are AIMING for in this angle?). Thus the crowd has no idea how to react to any of this. They have booked themselves into a corner six ways from Sunday with this match to the point where nothing decent can occur. Unless they just do the angle Heyman briefly mentioned with RVD declaring the belt the new ECW title, nothing good can come from this. Cena winning is obviously the most idiotic, retarded thing they could think of doing. And I think everyone would crap on a screwy double pin or Dusty Finish or some other such nonsense.

Also, am I the only one calling bullshit on Angle going to ECW? I know Angle wasn't doing much on SD at the moment, but my god don't they need somebody on that show?? Also, just adding Raw or SD guys to the new ECW just reeks of the Invasion all over again, where they would take various WWF guys and have them turn heel and join the Alliance because the Alliance was for the most part crap.

They can't put the ECW title on Angle though. As in Angle can't just waltz in there, win the ECW belt and thus show WWE guys can simply dominate the brand.

Guest Princess Leena

At first, I thought Fake Kane was that big Terkey (sp?) guy WWE recently signed from one of those MMA things.

At first, I thought Fake Kane was that big Terkey (sp?) guy WWE recently signed from one of those MMA things.

It was probably the return of Test as the "Fake Kane"

Good call. So the suspects are Terkey, Test, Trytan or local talent. It'd likely a signed talent and I doubt they would waste Test in fake kane role.

Good call. So the suspects are Terkey, Test, Trytan or local talent. It'd likely a signed talent and I doubt they would waste Test in fake kane role.

This would be the biggest push Test has gotten sence the Steph wedding.

I'd like to add Taker to the lineup for the fake Kane. Would anyone be surprised if WWE got him to do it?