TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - May/29th/06.

I think Punk will end up being the Shane Douglas of the new ECW.

How about Matt Striker insted?

He could be a reverse of how Shane's series went.

Striker can't work, can't cut anything besides a really generic heel promo. While Punk is a natural promo machine and he can work any style from brawls, technical wrestling, high-flying stuff...

Striker, aside from the teacher gimmick isnt anything close to Douglas.

You can't help but compare Punk with Raven, both are amazing with a microphone in their hand. Punk is miles ahead of anywhere Raven ever was in the ring.

You can't help but compare Punk with Raven, both are amazing with a microphone in their hand. Punk is miles ahead of anywhere Raven ever was in the ring.

If you want to piss off Punk, compare him with Raven. Punk, aside from the look with the tattoos actually has closer comparison to Douglas, if you look at his Summer of Punk program in ROH.

If you want to piss off Punk, compare him with Raven. Punk, aside from the look with the tattoos actually has closer comparison to Douglas, if you look at his Summer of Punk program in ROH.

Can't make everyone happy, I think that is just the best comparison. I think everyone else knows it as well, since C.M. Punk was the first guy matched up with Raven after Raven was released from WWE.

I wish Heyman's RAW pick had been someone other than RVD. They should have come up with a different way for RVD to be in ECW full time.

Can't make everyone happy, I think that is just the best comparison. I think everyone else knows it as well, since C.M. Punk was the first guy matched up with Raven after Raven was released from WWE.

Punk's stuff in OVW indicates that he'd be more of a hybrid of the Douglas and Raven school. Which is the best because he can be each type very effectively.

No shorts either, it worked with his character in 2002-04 but he isn't that anymore and the tights suit him. McMahon would never allow it, he hates the indy look.

It works for Kendrick and London because they are just upstart kids.

Where did Heyman say RVD was his RAW draft pick? He could reveal him next week on RAW.

Well Foley said it, and Heyman pretty much appeared to agree.

Guest zetableh

Hey ref, keep the SpiritJacks off the ring!

Say it out loud.

Where did Heyman say RVD was his RAW draft pick? He could reveal him next week on RAW.

He didn't. Foley just made the natural assumption, while Heyman never directly confirmed it.

He kind of admitted that RVD was the choice when Mick Foley mentioned his name.

Well Foley said it, and Heyman pretty much appeared to agree.

That could be a trick though.