TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WON News and Notes 5/29

Hey now HTQ noted down the source too, very clearly states - not like he tried to pass it off as his own.

No different than those that take the newsletter, chop it into 20 items and credit them individually. Well except that those guys get website hits off it. I guess the problem here is that he DIDN'T cut it apart like most websites do nor did he post it on his own website but here on the forums instead - yeah I can see why that'd warrant bitching and moaning for 4 pages now (oh wait - no I can't)

So no I'm not an idiot, but thanks for being condecending and rude all rolled up into one annoying package.

And thank you for calling me a moron, but we're arguing that it's bad to copy a large piece of text in one go while the guy bitching (and now you) seem to be alright with it if it's cut down and placed in 20 seperate posts to generate more hits.

Tell me the logic in that will ya? Then grow up and find a way to get your point across without sounding like a 12 year old who thinks swearing is cool. Run along now Scooter

No different than those that take the newsletter, chop it into 20 items and credit them individually. Well except that those guys get website hits off it. I guess the problem here is that he DIDN'T cut it apart like most websites do nor did he post it on his own website but here on the forums instead - yeah I can see why that'd warrant bitching and moaning for 4 pages now (oh wait - no I can't)

You do realise that there is a difference betwen paraphrasing (Which is usually done with WON notes) and what HTQ did. Once agai, let me state that I had no problem with what HTQ did.

And thank you for calling me a moron, but we're arguing that it's bad to copy a large piece of text in one go while the guy bitching (and now you) seem to be alright with it if it's cut down and placed in 20 seperate posts to generate more hits.

Tell me the logic in that will ya? Then grow up and find a way to get your point across without sounding like a 12 year old who thinks swearing is cool. Run along now Scooter

I can see how what I posted was saying HTQ was bad for doing what he did

Thanks HTQ, good work

Lord knows thanking somebody for doing something is saying that what they were doing is bad. I have no problem with it. I also have no problem with what Haas did on his website because he referenced it as he was supposed to do. I am also not defending Haas NOR agreeing with his main point of it being wrong to copy the WON. I have a problem with you totally discounting what Haas said and continued on with your stupidity about him being a hypocrite(sp?). By saying what HTQ did and what Haas did is the same is so damn stupid. One is for all intents and purposes, republishing somebody elses work for other people to read. The other is a quote, A FUCKING QUOTE. By saying that they are the same is fucking ridiculous. you seem to be a bit slow in picking up what I said the first time so I will repeat it for you.

One is for all intents and purposes, republishing somebody elses work for other people to read. The other is a quote, A FUCKING QUOTE. By saying that they are the same is fucking ridiculous. you seem to be a bit slow in picking up what I said the first time so I will repeat it for you.

Oh and

Run along now Scooter

I'm the condescending one?

Oh and to save you the trouble of replying I'll do it for you

Blah Blah Blah BUT HE USED STUFF FROM THE TORCH Blah Blah Blah ITS OKAY TO STEAL SOME ORANGES BUT NOT ALL Blah Blah Blah I'M A TROLL Blah Blah Blah END POST.

That's all I'm saying about this issue. Have the last word if you want, but if you do at least try and address the points I made.

Considering that I called you Scooter and you called me a fucking moron - I'd say yes, yes you are.

A lot of newsites either straight out copy it or paraphrase it and then credits the newsletter. Which is alright right?

They take the newsletter, chop it up - post it seperately (some times paraphrased, sometimes straight "quotes" or whatever you want to call it)

HTQ posted this in one big chunk instead of 20 small ones

Leading to me questioning how small the chunks have to be for it to be okay with Haas

Then I get your little insult laden rant that I apparently don't get it and that I'm a moron and sleep with chickens and what not. Hey that's cool, if that's all you can come up with knock yourself out.

I have a problem with you totally discounting what Haas said and continued on with your stupidity about him being a hypocrite
ah yes "continued on" = "Not saying a damn word in the thread since then"

and just when it looked like we could get back to talking about the actual topic at hand ya go and derail it again *tisk*tisk*

If Hass or anyone else derails the next WON thread with this inane conversation, they need to be banned immediately. This whole thread has become about seeing who's dick is bigger than actually discussing the news.

If Hass or anyone else derails the next WON thread with this inane conversation, they need to be banned immediately. This whole thread has become about seeing who's dick is bigger than actually discussing the news.

Agreed.