TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WON News and Notes 5/29

Guest Princess Leena

The blonde part can easily be fixed.

And it looks like WWE wants Beth Phoenix to have more of an athletic build, as she's much more built up now since her OVW days, where she was much more attractive.

Hey HTQ or DA, what pages is the PPV buys article on? I'm citing the article for a paper (doubt the teacher reads the observer), yet citation is still needed and I don't get the observer...yet. (A subscription will be a birthday gift for me in the next week or so)

Just a "if you were in his shoes" type of question since Val Venis was brought up a second ago.

If you were Val Venis, had a run in Mexico as World Champion(going by Steele), had a few mid- card title reigns, and several pushes. You got over but never "main event level over" due to the constant push, depush you were receiving. Would you be happy with your current spot of being a jobber due to a possible decent paycheck, or frustrated with where you career ended up?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

"Training To Be A Wrestler, Maybe One Day Hated By Smarks Worldwi"?

I just hate when I'm hated worldwi.

Guest nokia

I got my WO on saturday.....

Booker is my NEW hero !! LOL....Batista is likely to sucker punch Booker AGAIN next time they meet....

Really? Something from WWE baffles you? How in the hell could that happen?

:P

But, I really don't understand why WWE basically uses Victoria as a jobber. She looks incredible. She's a solid worker. She has strong, unique moves that draw attention from the crowd, and easily the best finisher amongst the women. And she apparently does whatever she's asked of by WWE...

Yet, they keep bringing up random females, while Victoria is right there.

I want to say its pretty much because she doesn't have the "barbie doll" look. Plus she's actually talented in the ring.

Thank You very much for posting this.

It is such a shame about the disbandment of MNM. They really could have left a legacy behind them as one of the recent greats - such as The Dudlie, Edge/Christian and The Hardies.

God Lord Smackdown is going to blow. No JBL. No Chris Beniot. Angle of the show. No Tag Teams (well decent) to challenge The Hooligans - maybe push the Mexicools against them?

No Orlando Jordan.......

Yeah, I can't believe they broke up MNM already. They've basically only been together as a team for one year, and never really got to have even one really big, meaningful feud (their recent one with London and Kendrick doesn't count). They could've done so much more with them as a tag team, and you just know both guys are going to flounder as singles for a long time.

you know, with Taker showing up every 2 month and JBL, Angle, Batista, Orton, Benoit and MNM now gone from SmackDown. Is the WWE even aware of the talent drain on SmackDown right now? because it doesn't seem like they do. why else would they remove Kurt Angle from SmackDown like nonthing, when right now clearly isn't the best time to remove their biggest star SmackDown has right now. their seem to be no attempt at fixing SmackDown's problems anytime soon. whos the biggest star SmackDown has now besides Mysterio. Mark Freakin Henry? wow

Melissa Anderson's Ooooooh oooooooh selling in her Victoria match was classic. I blame it on her time in Japan.

Booker T, his generations Arn Anderson by beating up a muscle-headed oaf.

God Bless The Book.

Just a "if you were in his shoes" type of question since Val Venis was brought up a second ago.

If you were Val Venis, had a run in Mexico as World Champion(going by Steele), had a few mid- card title reigns, and several pushes. You got over but never "main event level over" due to the constant push, depush you were receiving. Would you be happy with your current spot of being a jobber due to a possible decent paycheck, or frustrated with where you career ended up?

He has a steady paycheck where he is probably assured as a lifer by now and he'll probably move into the agent role or somewhere in the front office as he has a good mind and he is one of the more intelligent performers on the roster. He'd also have a good chance of getting a job as manager or some sort of on-air character after he retires.

It's better to be a jobber with a future in the company then you'd think.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd much prefer the jobber role that Val has now. He's not getting much wear and tear on his body, yet still brings home good money. That's the life. Outside the insane travel of WWE.

Guest Coffey
I want to say its pretty much because she doesn't have the "barbie doll" look. Plus she's actually talented in the ring.

Maybe it's because of her knee problems?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Venis is in the Brawler position now. In that when a new guy gets a try-out match, it's with Val and his word seals the deal on if you get to come back or not.

Guest Hass of Pain

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is the only worthwhile publication of its kind left. I am not a fan of posting someone else's hard work word for word. I can't imagine anyone with an internet connection and the time to post on wrestling message boards couldn't afford to spend $2 a week on it if they really wanted to read it that badly.

Guest Hass of Pain
Way to be ungreatful.

Thanks for posting this HTQ, much appreciated.

Ungrateful for what? I subscribe to newsletter myself. I have no ill will towards Hunter Torn Quad, but I think the decision to transcribe Dave's newsletter word for word is a dubious one.

Victoria is easily the best female wrestler, by far. She's the only one you can really even call a wrestler.

The analogy to Venis is horrible. Venis is average. For a woman Victoria is excellent.

Trish and Mickey are simply bad compared to Vicky. If they looked like Victoria most people would be booing them every night.

Way to be ungreatful.

Thanks for posting this HTQ, much appreciated.

Ungrateful for what? I subscribe to newsletter myself. I have no ill will towards Hunter Torn Quad, but I think the decision to transcribe Dave's newsletter word for word is a dubious one.

Yeah, yeah. Must we have this conversation every single time someone posts the WON?

I appreciate it. Many others appreciate it. HTQ, thanks.

Guest NateW
Independent wrestlers who have expressed interest have been repeatedly told that they are looking for guys at least 6-2, and preferably more than 250 pounds.

This a good example of why this new ECW will suck and be a huge flop. This isn't what ECW was all about. Nobody wants to see an ECW featuring these no talents with freakish size or roided up physiques. This ECW will only succeed if it is different compared to Raw and Smackdown and they need these indy workers to accomplish this. Filling ECW with these stiffs that are at least 6-2 and 250 pounds makes ECW the same as current WWE TV. The fans will see right through this.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is the only worthwhile publication of its kind left. I am not a fan of posting someone else's hard work word for word. I can't imagine anyone with an internet connection and the time to post on wrestling message boards couldn't afford to spend $2 a week on it if they really wanted to read it that badly.

We went through this song and dance when I posted the WON.

a) The entire newsletter wasn't posted. Just the WWE sections.

b) It's not like this is Meltzer's copyrighted intellectual property. All his newsletter contains is stuff he's put together from people he knows.

Guest Ronixis

Independent wrestlers who have expressed interest have been repeatedly told that they are looking for guys at least 6-2, and preferably more than 250 pounds.

This a good example of why this new ECW will suck and be a huge flop. This isn't what ECW was all about. Nobody wants to see an ECW featuring these no talents with freakish size or roided up physiques. This ECW will only succeed if it is different compared to Raw and Smackdown and they need these indy workers to accomplish this. Filling ECW with these stiffs that are at least 6-2 and 250 pounds makes ECW the same as current WWE TV. The fans will see right through this.

QFT

Noble/Kash.

Forgot about them - I hope the WWE will call them up from Velocity and give them a good run against The Hooligans.

What is with the new gimmick anyway - i haven't seen it. Is it just a rip off of The Pitbulls in ECW. Do they start barking and growling now too? If so have the announcers even bothered to try and explain the sudden change in their actions?

Currently Rey Mysterio is Smackdown's biggest/most over "active" wrestler.

Booker T needs to be given this oppurtunity to have a run as Smackdown's biggest heel against Mysterio (a Chavo and Mysterio programme just doesn't cut with me over the World Heavyweight Title). Give Booker the title - let him win another rematch, and do a post match beatdown - then Rey's friend Batista can make a return and make the save - there you have your Smackdown main event for Summerslam - Batista/Booker with Rey/Chavo just under. I will be very suprised if they give Booker the ball though - I reckon Mark Henry has more chance.

The show though overall just has zero direction at the moment....sad really as there are some talented people on the show.

Guest Hass of Pain

We went through this song and dance when I posted the WON.

a) The entire newsletter wasn't posted. Just the WWE sections.

b) It's not like this is Meltzer's copyrighted intellectual property. All his newsletter contains is stuff he's put together from people he knows.

Stealing is stealing. Every single person in this thread knows that transcribing 10,000 words of the newsletter is wrong. No one will admit it though because they are afraid that if they do, there is a chance they won't get to bootleg it again next week. Point B is really reaching for justification.

Even though everyone knows that I am right, this is an argument I will never win.

Stealing is stealing. Every single person in this thread knows that transcribing 10,000 words of the newsletter is wrong. No one will admit it though because they are afraid that if they do, there is a chance they won't get to bootleg it again next week. Point B is really reaching for justification.

Even though everyone knows that I am right, this is an argument I will never win.

Your generalisations are wrong.

Thanks, HTQ.

What is with the new gimmick anyway - i haven't seen it. Is it just a rip off of The Pitbulls in ECW.

It's more Rick Steiner-ish than Pit Bulls. They wear studded collars w/ a chain/leash to the ring. Before the bell, Noble attacks, but Kash pulls him back by his leash before he can get to an opponent (which I think is a pretty neat spot). After the match starts, they throw in some barks (moreso Noble than Kash). That's pretty much it.