TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Clean Heel Wins

Heels win by cheating, but not all the time where once in a blue moon a heel will win clean for shock value. Lets list matches where this has happened.

Matches get disqualified though if the people who won: A.) Used a foreign object before the pinfall [low-blows included] B.) Had somebody interfere whether it was physical or just for distraction purposes C.) Can't list a gimmick match, it has to be a regular one

SummerSlam 2004 - Randy Orton Vs. Chris Benoit

Royal Rumble 2005 - Randy Orton Vs. HHH

Guest Human Highlight Reel

This is just title matches? Off the top of my head I can only think of one:

Kurt Angle beats Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble 03

Brock Lesnar over The Rock - Summerslam 02, maybe? I don't really remember the match, but I think it was clean.

Kurt Angle's whole undefeated run. I don't think he used any cheating, it was his celebrations and mic work that made him a heel.

Didn't Edge beat Cena clean? Sure Cena had just fought, but hey.

HHH numerous times. The first that comes to mind was against Booker T. at WM XIX. I'm 95% certain that was clean, wasn't it?

I'm pretty sure Flair interfered in that one.

Lesnar d. UT (No Mercy 02)

Angle d. Hogan (KOTR 02)

And let's not forget Rey's recent series of clean losses to heels.

Yeah that Flair/Macho match was full of interference. I know Razor made his first real mark there when he injured Savage (who then passed out in the Figure 4).

Yokozuna might not have won the WWF title cleanly but most of his defenses were clean wins, aside from the goofy RR match with UT.

Yokozuna might not have won the WWF title cleanly but most of his defenses were clean wins, aside from the goofy RR match with UT.

And his match at Mania 10 with Luger.

Guest J0bber

HHH numerous times. The first that comes to mind was against Booker T. at WM XIX. I'm 95% certain that was clean, wasn't it?

Angle d. Hogan (KOTR 02)

I'm not sure this counts since it was a gimmick match.

Angle d. Hogan (KOTR 02)

I'm not sure this counts since it was a gimmick match.

And even though he didn't play a direct role in the finish, Heyman interfered on Lesnar's behalf.

Triple H over Mick Foley @ Royal Rumble & No Way Out 00, Triple H over Chris Jericho @ Fully Loaded, Triple H over Steve Austin at NWO 01, Triple H over Shawn Michaels @ Armageddon 02 & Bad Blood 2004, Triple H over Scott Steiner @ NWO 03, Triple H over RVD on Raw in 2003, Triple H over Kevin Nash BB '03...

Triple H over Mick Foley @ Royal Rumble & No Way Out 00, Triple H over Chris Jericho @ Fully Loaded, Triple H over Steve Austin at NWO 01, Triple H over Shawn Michaels @ Armageddon 02 & Bad Blood 2004, Triple H over Scott Steiner @ NWO 03, Triple H over RVD on Raw in 2003, Triple H over Kevin Nash BB '03...

I see some sort of a patern but I just can't quite put my finger on it.

They are all former champions, world or otherwise?

They are all former tag team champions (though to be fair, Y2J wasn't a tag champ until after FL00, his first reign being the Quad Tear Match).

Guest Human Highlight Reel

They were all either gimmick matches, or not clean wins?

Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch over Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas for the WWF Tag Team Titles.

WM 19 was a really weird show live.

HHH made Booker his bitch (1 pedigree, half minute wait, pin)

Rock basically squashed Austin

Jericho (the one heel that was getting cheered) lost after a really good match.

Lesnar almost killed himself.

Guest Overworked

Then there is Razor Ramon vs Bob Backlund at Wm9, didn't even use the Razor's edge just School boy'd him and won clean

He feuded with Taker most of that time and I'd say 90% of those wins were via salt bucket to the head.

One that comes to mind is the Fatal Four Way match at the end of 2002 between Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, and Edge. The reason it's notable is that Edge was playing the "face that comes back heroically from injury" (after being attacked by A-Train before the match) and that always ended up with a face win at that point. With a heel champion, the result was basically telegraphed.

Then, when Angle beat him clean with the top rope Angle Slam, it was just incredible. A total shocker. Angle did end up turning face immediately after the match to feud with Big Show, but going into the show, he was 100% heel, and Edge's ultimate victory seemed inevitable. I think this "shock factor" is one of the reasons I loved the match so much at the time.

One that really struck me as crazy was La Resistance beating Benoit/Edge 100% clean for the Tag Titles on Raw in Canada.

La Resistance were faces that night since they were in Montreal. They even did a celebration in the crowd. And I don't remember that win being very clean at all. I'm sure a flag pole was used.