TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Despite being broken down, Kurt can still pull off a great match on the big stage, and Kurt will push himself to do that at ONS. Orton, if he feels like it, can, at the very least, be carried to something pretty good. He'll be motivated to have a good showing in his first PPV match back, so I think Orton will have his working shoes on this Sunday. Given all that, it's easy to see how, on paper, Angle vs. Orton could be in the pretty good to very good range.

Guest Coffey

Meh, it's Orton/Angle on an ECW show. It still does nothing for me and there's a chance the crowd might shit all over it. Of course, I'm sure the super smart crowd will be accepting of Angle, so we'll see how it pans out I guess.

Still, I can't help but feel like it's a Smackdown match on an ECW show.

They'll cheer for the face and boo the heel. That's hardly shitting on the match. Orton will finally get heat for once and Angle thrives off this type of stage where he can carry a slug like Orton in a hot environment like Hammerstein.

The crowd is more likely to shit on Mysterio then anyone else.

The crowd is more likely to shit on Mysterio then anyone else.

Well, we got a touch of that just last year.

Yes but this year it'll be pouring for Mysterio. I hope he learned from last year but he hasn't. He'll head into this night the biggest heel he has ever been in his life. It's hard enough to go to Hammerstein knowing they don't like you because you completely WWEized yourself a year ago and now they will probably rip him apart for the Eddie stuff and because he's against SABU.

Cena is used to the negative backlash and actually feeds off it, I don't know if Mysterio will handle it all that well.

I think Rey knows what to expect. He said after last year's show that he brought the "WWE Rey Mysterio" and realised that they wanted the old Rey, so he knew not to make that mistake in future. It doesn't change that Rey will be booed, but he can win the crowd back, if he sticks to what he said.

I think Rey knows what to expect. He said after last year's show that he brought the "WWE Rey Mysterio" and realised that they wanted the old Rey, so he knew what not to make that mistake in future. It doesn't change that Rey will be booed, but he can win the crowd back, if he sticks to what he said.

Problem is, they are pushing him as the WWE Rey. I doubt he'll go to the ECW look and strip away the WWE moveset. You will see the 619.

I can see the fans chanting the Philly area code to mock the 619 chants.

Wouldn't chanting the NYC area code be slightly more appros at least for ONS?

Technically though, should the 619 even be considered a WWE move?

I mean, though the hitting a person with it was started in WWE, the action of the spin through the ropes began in WCW.

...though that might give MORE of a reason for an ECW crowd to hate it.

Just like my idea to wrestle in an ECW event as "W.C. Waters"...with Eric Bischoff as my manager and Johnny Nitro as my tag partner.

Or perhaps not.

I'll never get why Rey did the 619 at the end of the show last year, after already seeing the crowd shit all over it. I mean, I know Austin called for it, but surely they could have had a word.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I wouldn't be surprised if every fan at the Hammerstein Ballroom literally turned their backs on the Angle-Orton match.

Oh, would that be a sight to see!

I Was just thinking that when ECW does their show here, I won't get to see Balls Mahoney cause he's was banned from Maryland at an event right here.

BOO, but whatever.

I'll order the PPV, use my $5 rebate and be happy. I doubt Balls vs Tanaka will be as good as Tanaka vs Awesome from last year, and at least they are throwing in some ECW alumni only matches like last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if every fan at the Hammerstein Ballroom literally turned their backs on the Angle-Orton match.

Oh, would that be a sight to see!

It'll be one of those surreal sites to see, thats for damn sure.

I'm assuming that Meltzer, based on what I've heard about his ties with Heyman and such, is giving pre-show analysis on the Tanaka match because it really is happening, not just because a t-shirt says it is. That being said, I'm not going into the show tomorrow thinking it is 100% for sure happening.

Everyone in my family is looking forward to this PPV more than they were Wrestlemania. I would consider myself the only "smark" in the family, so it's amazing that everyone else is as jacked about this as I am.

Or perhaps not.

I'll never get why Rey did the 619 at the end of the show last year, after already seeing the crowd shit all over it. I mean, I know Austin called for it, but surely they could have had a word.

Mysterio said he felt like a deer in headlights when Austin called for him to do a 619 because he remembered how badly it was recieved earlier in the night.

For what it's worth, my cable provider is advertising Benoit as appearing at ONS. I suspect it to be the ad for last year's show though.

Why, does it say he's facing Eddie Guerrero. If it does, it's probably for last year's show, I reckon. But who knows! Maybe it's for this year's.

Is the Sandman going to wrestle at the show?

He hasn't wrestled in about 8 years but I'm sure he'll be involved tonight. I'm expecting some sort of Sandman/Impact Players deal.

Why, does it say he's facing Eddie Guerrero. If it does, it's probably for last year's show, I reckon. But who knows! Maybe it's for this year's.

It just has a Paul Heyman voiceover to some old ECW footage saying featuring the crippler Chris Benoit, among a few others, Sabu is the only other one I can remember offhand.

Guest ECWlivesdotcom

my thoughts on ONS

RVD Vs. Cena WWE Title: The way it probably will happen, Cena loses to the screw job (not in our eyes of course) then some how it is overturned on RAW. But how can you open up a ECW TV show with no champion?????? I think the big question here is will Fonzy be there? Thats what I want to know. I firmly believe that if RVD loses this match (in anyway, shape or form) then all the ECW fans in attendance should riot, seriously. THE WAY IT SHOULD HAPPEN RVD wins clean, does a Shane Douglas speech and throws the title down claiming himself the ECW champion. Then it could be Cena vs. Edge for the new World title at Vengance but I know that won't happen. I don't forsee Vince stripping anyone of the title.

Rey Vs. Sabu World Heavyweight Title: All I have to say is if Sabu wins RVD will not. I think Vince likes Sabu more than RVD and its well known that he is very pleased with how Sabu works, his angle, everything. Rey does need time off, and they are saying Batista Vs. Mark Henry is the main event at the Bash. Who knows...

Edge/Foley Vs. Dreamer/Funk: Funk will want to do the JOB. This will be a simple equation Violence + Blood= Crowd reaction. can Edge redeem himself for missing that table like a pussy on Head to Head? I will give him the benifit of the doubt and say yes.

Kurt Angle Vs. Orton: I think the crowd will shit on this match unless Orton has come to work his ass off. I don't know if the crowd will accpet Angle or not, but it is obvious that most fans respect Angle more as a wrestler. I mean he has 6 World titles (i'm pretty sure) to Randy's 1.

Tanaka Vs. Balls: These guys have worked together before and brought the house down, this should be the highlight of the night for old ECW fans. Tanaka deserves a full time contract with the new ECW, though I don't know if he is even available to do so.

King Vs. The Tazmaniac, I mean Taz: I hope Taz chokes him out in under a minute.

Tajiri & Super Crazy Vs. Guido and Tony: I am on my knees begging for the patented tony mamaluke neck bump on the the railing. You can count on Super Crazy jumping off something high.

Look for Sandman, The Impact Players...but not New Jack...I am optimistic about the show, but I am very much on edge. I only have two questions. Will Fonzy be there and how will the WWE fuck this up?

best of luck tonight... we might need it

my thoughts on ONS

Edge/Foley Vs. Dreamer/Funk: Funk will want to do the JOB. This will be a simple equation Violence + Blood= Crowd reaction. can Edge redeem himself for missing that table like a pussy on Head to Head? I will give him the benifit of the doubt and say yes.

best of luck tonight... we might need it

How is Edge a pussy when it was Dreamer who dropped Edge and missed the table? Edge was in Dreamer's control.