TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

I didn't even notice that, but then again, there are a number of guys not on the page yet.

Yeah, but that "number of guys" didn't appear on the WWE vs. ECW show.

Stevie and Justin did.

Here is the match between Sabu and Flash Funk(2 Cold Scorpio) when Heyman and ECW came to Raw in 97. It was probably Scorpio's best 5 minutes of his WWE career. Really good 5 minute match until the climax in which the table doesn't break....lol, but I wouldn't blame that on the wrestlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXjqrnJU79k&search=sabu

Guest nokia

From Tna's House show yesterday:

* Brother Runt (Spike Dudley) came back out, and pulled out a WWE contract, saying WWE had offered him the chance to wrestle for ECW for "one night only". He then tore up the contract, saying that he was sticking with TNA

* Rhino defeated Jeff Jarrett with a Gore after ducking a guitar shot. On the mic, Rhino said he was offered a contract to go back to WWE, but that he had decided to stick with TNA

Guess this means that wwe will have to find a "new" ecw heavyweight titlebelt. It could also mean that EITHER Rey or Cena loses theire belt to Ecw and the remaining champion defends the title on both shows....

Guest Coffey
Anyone else miss Dawn Marie?

What does she look like nowadays since having a baby?

--Some notes on the ECW PPV tomorrow. This is what is announced so far:

*John Cena vs. RVD. There has to be some sort of a disputed finish here. Everyone knows it, but not doing it because that makes no sense. So ref bumps, a second ref runs in, that's probably the drill. There are other ideas batted around as well on how to do it but anything but that makes no sense. Cena can't lose, because it messes up Vengeance. As far as a match goes, RVD will be able to do no wrong and Cena no right, so even if the match is sloppy, the heat will be off the charts. (unless they do Van Dam winning, then losing it back on Raw the next night in the disputed ending).

*Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu for the World title. Both are pretty determined because this is the first singles match they've ever worked with each other. Actually they aren't the right kind of opponents for each other, plus Mysterio will be the heel in the building. But if Sabu can work with Cena, he easily can work well with Mysterio

*Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs. Edge & Mick Foley. Hopefully they put a buffer after this match because it'll be hard to follow just because I expect tons of blood. This is almost surely going to be Funk's last major PPV match and hopefully they'll give him the sendoff he deserves, even though the main theme of this show is to build the future and Funk is not the future. I suspect Funk will volunteer and want to do the job because his mentality has always been the guy leaving the territory loses cleanly on his last night in. Expect Beulah to do a run-in on Lita.

*Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton. On paper, this is the best match on the show. Angle has to go over unless Orton is returning for ECW TV.

*Jerry Lawler vs. Tazz. Everyone knows what is happening here. This will probably be short and ending with a choke.

*Masato Tanaka vs. Balls Mahoney. Expect some sickening chair shots. The three killer chair shots on the top of Tanaka's head before he goes down will be the big spot of the match. Tanaka stole the show last year and this will probably be good

*Super Crazy & Tajiri vs. Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke. I'd have Crazy & Tajiri turn on each other.

There will be lots more.

Obviously a big Sandman ring entrance, probably something with Justin Credible & Lance Storm being reunited for one night, a few cameos and such. They also have to go off the air with one big issue building for Tuesday's TV debut. I wouldn't be surprised to see the disputed finish on top, talk about it on Raw and announcing the decision will be made on Tuesday to jump start the rating. Last year's show was among the best PPV events in history. It will be hard to top, but I'd be shocked if this wasn't a good show. The crowd won't let it be anything but.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

For this PPV to be only one day away, it sure has been quiet so far today. The calm before the storm perhaps? :P

meh, Weekends usually have less activity. I am sure the actual ONS thread will be poppin' once the PPV starts. Sadly I won't be a part of it because we are changing things up this month due to a scheduling manuever and having the PPV at Dangerous_A's place. Then next week the TNA PPV at my place.

Have we had any behind the scenes reports from TNA shows on their thoughts on all of this ECW stuff? I've always looked at TNA, in part, as an alternative to WWE to bring in some of those old TNA fans, and now with ECW coming back, in whatever form it ends up being, and WWE creating their own alternative to RAW and SD, couldn't this slow down the building interest in the TNA product?

Have we had any behind the scenes reports from TNA shows on their thoughts on all of this ECW stuff? I've always looked at TNA, in part, as an alternative to WWE to bring in some of those old TNA fans, and now with ECW coming back, in whatever form it ends up being, and WWE creating their own alternative to RAW and SD, couldn't this slow down the building interest in the TNA product?

If anything, it completely killed my interest in RAW and SMACKDOWN. I'm more interested in TNA and seeing where ECW goes than another 5-on-1 main event every week that is RAW.

Well yeah, that too. Not so much SD though, since I really, really like that show here lately. As for RAW, yeah, after all of this ECW stuff RAW really does come off as more bland than ever, but that's not really anything new. I downloaded the old 2/24/1997 RAW where ECW showed up, and even then ECW just totally out did anything that WWE was doing on the same show. They had the Godwins vs. New Blackjacks and then after that we see damn Sabu jump off the huge "R" on the sign. The energy of the ECW guys was just so much higher, they seemed like they were having so much more fun, and they were doing such a different style.

That show really made WWE look like shit back then.

I don't see how it effects TNA other than signing away former ECW talent that TNA uses, which is only a temp. effect anyways (once WWE starts to incorporate their developmental guys, there will be little need for previously established talent). The main thing, in regards to competition, is that ECW is on Tuesdays, TNA is on Thursdays. So there is no conflict there. People that watch TNA because "it's not the WWE" won't really watch ECW too much because, well, it's still the WWE. In regards to the other people who watch TNA for whatever reasons, those reasons will still be there when ECW starts to run. TUF 3 winding down has more of an effect on TNA than ECW does.

Guest Coffey

So, should we start giving this new ECW the TNA effect yet? I give them three months. :)

Well, we finally have the first mention of Lita being from ECW (at least I think it's the first mention of it so far):

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/hardcorewar

While the ECW team will definitely have the home-crowd advantage, Edge & Foley’s success may harbor on the presence of Lita at ringside. An extra hand outside the ring is always helpful, and Lita has never been shy about getting involved. Should that happen, however, Dreamer will be ready. “I pretty much helped find Lita; she came up through ECW, (but) a lot of people don’t know that,” he said. “She’s another person who crapped on everything. You never forget your roots; I’m one person who doesn’t, and on Sunday I’m going to make them remember their roots.”

It sucks that we couldn't have another ECW Byte This like we had last year.

Here is an idea for the main event at One Night Stand.

Rob Van Damn should pin John Cena clean. However the person that make the pinfall is an ECW referee after the WWF one get bumped during the match.

Rob Van Damn is your new champion - or is he??

Next night on RAW Vince McMahon comes out and states that RVD's title win will be void as it was an ECW ref made an official decsion in a WWF title match and so doesn't count.

RVD and Paul Heyman then come out and Paul says that there is nothing you can do about as RVD is taking Cena's title to ECW.

McMahon says that what RVD is holding is not the proper WWF title. John Cena then comes out holding the old WWF title and says RVD can keep his "spinning" title as a way of a gift.

This gets the shitty Spining belt off the show and allows Paul and RVD on the debut show to just pronouce RVD ECW's recognised champion. (With the old ECW title)

Here is an idea for the main event at One Night Stand.

Rob Van Damn should pin John Cena clean. However the person that make the pinfall is an ECW referee after the WWF one get bumped during the match.

Rob Van Damn is your new champion - or is he??

Next night on RAW Vince McMahon comes out and states that RVD's title win will be void as it was an ECW ref made an official decsion in a WWF title match and so doesn't count.

RVD and Paul Heyman then come out and Paul says that there is nothing you can do about as RVD is taking Cena's title to ECW.

McMahon says that what RVD is holding is not the proper WWF title. John Cena then comes out holding the old WWF title and says RVD can keep his "spinning" title as a way of a gift.

This gets the shitty Spining belt off the show and allows Paul and RVD on the debut show to just pronouce RVD ECW's recognised champion. (With the old ECW title)

Technically if the belt is WWE property, Heyman couldn't say there's nothing Vince can do about it, also its known that Vince owns ECW. Besides if Cena doesn't have HIS title, then whats the point of it?

Except the old ecw title doesn't exist anymore. They'd have to make a new belt or take an older belt and christen it as the ECW Title.

I agree with most everything you had to say there. In fact that is the exact idea myself and others have proposed on this forum. I'd give Cena a phantom type pin when the WWE ref is down, then the ECW ref comes in and a couple mins. later RVD hits the 5 star and wins. Next night Vince overturns it.

This accomplishes several things. It doesn't really make either guy look bad, they can still go with Cena/Edge at Vengeance, and RVD can ride off to ECW with the belt.

I can't believe Meltzer thinks Angle/Orton is the best match on this PPV. If that is ANYTHING besides Angle breaking every bone in his body then that crowd is going to shit on it. Can you imagine the ECW crowd's reaction to Orton's offense of 85% headlocks? It'd be like that Cactus Jack 1995 anti hardcore angle all over again except Orton wouldn't be in on the joke.

I agree with most everything you had to say there. In fact that is the exact idea myself and others have proposed on this forum. I'd give Cena a phantom type pin when the WWE ref is down, then the ECW ref comes in and a couple mins. later RVD hits the 5 star and wins. Next night Vince overturns it.

This accomplishes several things. It doesn't really make either guy look bad, they can still go with Cena/Edge at Vengeance, and RVD can ride off to ECW with the belt.

I can't believe Meltzer thinks Angle/Orton is the best match on this PPV. If that is ANYTHING besides Angle breaking every bone in his body then that crowd is going to shit on it. Can you imagine the ECW crowd's reaction to Orton's offense of 85% headlocks? It'd be like that Cactus Jack 1995 anti hardcore angle all over again except Orton wouldn't be in on the joke.

Sabu/Mysterio will be a botch fest, RVD/Cena despite the heat will be ugly. However, Meltzer is a diehard Angle mark.

Guest Coffey

Except the old ecw title doesn't exist anymore. They'd have to make a new belt or take an older belt and christen it as the ECW Title.

I thought the TV belt is the one Rhyno said was stolen?