TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Does Heyman still get to book this show even with WWE guys in all of the matches? I seriously doubt he decides anything until the first ECW show on Tuesday.

It's been said that WWE creative will be booking the PPV from top to bottom, unlike last year.

Christ, first the shitty looking card and now this, this PPV is fucked. I did say that before One Night Stand last year but at least that was like an old an ECW card rather than WWE vs. ECW. It's like the invasion angle all over again.

Why is everyone so up in arms about Orton being on One Night Stand?

IT'S NOT REALLY ECW!

Wake up out of the blind ECW markdown people, it's not really ECW. It'll never be the real ECW, because it's dead. Orton being in "ECW" is no different to having Cena on the PPV, or Big Show on the PPV, or calling up CM Punk and making him World Champion and turning him into the biggest star in "ECW" history...IT'S NOT REALLY ECW! And anyone who thinks it is is kidding themselves. And all you're going to do is get up and arms every week when it deviates more and more from the ECW everyone's blindly expecting it to be a copy of.

It's another WWE brand in an already oversaturated product. Why anyone's excited I honestly don't know.

IT'S NOT REALLY ECW!

Wake up out of the blind ECW markdown people, it's not really ECW. It'll never be the real ECW, because it's dead. Orton being in "ECW" is no different to having Cena on the PPV, or Big Show on the PPV, or calling up CM Punk and making him World Champion and turning him into the biggest star in "ECW" history...IT'S NOT REALLY ECW! And anyone who thinks it is is kidding themselves. And all you're going to do is get up and arms every week when it deviates more and more from the ECW everyone's blindly expecting it to be a copy of.

It's another WWE brand in an already oversaturated product. Why anyone's excited I honestly don't know.

Cause we all drank the Kool-aid...It tasted like grape.

IT'S NOT REALLY ECW!

I was one of the hopefulls that ECW would be a success, but now... after seeing last night's show, and reading the card.... I agree with you 100%.

I think I'm done with watching wrestling.

Guest Princess Leena

I know it's just WWE-controlled ECW... but Orton/Angle is still stupid as fuck.

WWE signed a bunch of ECW guys already. Why not put Angle against one of them? Like some mentioned here, Sandman would have been a fitting opponent. And Sandman jobs all the time anyway, so Angle would have looked strong, and the crowd would have loved it.

With Orton, at best the crowd will be apathetic. But, more likely will shit all over the match. The point is to get Angle over in ECW, and that won't be happening. WWE's complete misusage of Orton continues as he loses another PPV match against a main eventer, yet will still be oversaturated enough that most fans can't stand him.

If WWE had to use Orton here, let him get bloodied and squashed by some "extreme" ECW guy.

Guest Coffey

I agree, Angle/Orton pretty much screams that WWE has zero confidence in the ECW guys. It just makes it all seem so ungenuine...as if the other matches announced already hasn't hammered that point home.

Also, your new avatar is way too dark. Can't see shit.

boring9bx.jpg

FWIW, the ECW ONSII webcast is still $34.95 as of last night.

I'm so hoping the ECW fans have an organized silent protest for Orton. Only the ol Cowboy himself can salvage any heat at all for the boy.

I'm also hoping Sandman gets some token mic time just so I can hear the "Yyyyooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

My take on the situation is that ECW One Night Stand was - as the name says - a one night deal. It was a nice ECW reunion and fun was had by all.

Now it's just a PPV that involved ECW and WWE guys, under the ECW banner. This would probably bother me, but since the long term plan is to revive ECW as a brand full time anyway, an "invasion" style PPV is not a terrible idea. I think it will be an interesting piece of business to watch, at the very least.

I agree, Angle/Orton pretty much screams that WWE has zero confidence in the ECW guys…

That about sums it up for me. Sabu? Sandman? Ballz Mahoney? Feh. Double feh if New Jack shows his no-talent ass at the PPV.

I knew they should have stopped at last year's ONS. This won't be the same.

That said, I'm still kinda glad ECW's coming back full time so I can see new guys debut and kill the old guard.

People know this isn't the real ECW, that isn't their gripe. I would imagine the main gripe is that after seeing last year's ECW ONS, and being entertained by it, you'd think Vince would let the same people run the show and make the decisions, in order to put on a 2nd entertaining show, instead Vince and Stephanie get to play booker/writer and it will probably turn out to be shit.

If ECW survives through this year, it wouldn't shock me to see the December PPV end up a straight up ECW-only PPV.

And for the record, it doesn't help that Steph has always hated the idea of bringing ECW back, and still does to this day.

If ECW survives through this year, it wouldn't shock me to see the December PPV end up a straight up ECW-only PPV.

Sadly, it wouldn't shock me that by December, Heyman was off the booking and most of the ECW guys had been released.

This whole ECW thing is kind of odd. Im confused as to who they are trying to put over as the faces and who as the heels. It almost seems as if there really arent any and people cheer for who they like....JR (who is usually in favor of the faces) has been siding with ECW during his commentary and Jerry Lawler has been rooting for the WWE. I think they are going to try to put over ECW as the faces, but it wont work out because only a few cities root for ECW.

It sure will make for interesting TV

Guest Princess Leena
People know this isn't the real ECW, that isn't their gripe. I would imagine the main gripe is that after seeing last year's ECW ONS, and being entertained by it, you'd think Vince would let the same people run the show and make the decisions, in order to put on a 2nd entertaining show, instead Vince and Stephanie get to play booker/writer and it will probably turn out to be shit.

Last year was good, but if they ran weekly episodes like that, it would get tiring very quickly.

That's the downside of having this 13-week TV contract, and probably longer.

I think the main plan with ECW is to just be a quick money maker, sucking out the wallets of the desperate older ECW fans.

If ECW 2.0 was built on nostalgia like last year's ppv was, it wouldn't survive (as Leena pointed out). ECW 2.0 will essentially be Smackdown Jr. Heyman will write the show but Vince and Stephanie still control things.

Heyman will have more freedom since he's the #3 show for right now but once Stephanie gets the hint that the fans are liking Heyman, she'll do what she always does with Heyman and yank him out and probably put Dreamer (whom is a proven failure at booking) or worse, herself in charge.

The best thing to hope for out of ECW is that Heyman gets 3 months to do his thing before Stephanie aborts it and hope that Punk catches on like wild-fire because everyone else in ECW are the old-timers or the low-carders that WWE caste aside other then Angle and RVD.

What made it fun last year IIRC is that none of the matches were announced, you had to order it or go somewhere to watch it to see what happened, but now its nothing more than just another plain old WWE PPV with all the matches being annouced ahead of time with a stupid Invasion re-hash. Also you had guys against each other who you know actually had ECW history.

Seriously, why the fuck is Angle in ECW? That makes no fucking sense whatsoever! Angle / Orton is fine for GAB or SummerSlam, but not fucking ECW!

Oh yeah, as much I want to RVD to win, and of course he will unless the WWE booking team is THAT retarded, I know for a fact he's getting fucked out of the title somehow next Monday night.

What happens on this PPV isn't necessarily what will happen on the TV show coming up.

I know what kind of talent they have in the pipe, so I'm still excited about the "brand launch". But my anticipation for the PPV has definitely went way down after Raw.

I probably won't even be watching it now and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Guest nokia

- Dave Sherer reports that Axl Rotten completely no showed last night's Raw.

- Mike Johnson reports that David Heath aka Gangrel was contacted last week by the WWE and will likely be re-signed soon for the ECW brand.

More details are needed on the Axl Rotten situation. More from PWInsider:

-Axl had a health problem, or something that the Maryland Commission didn't see too fondly, so he had been banned from performing in that location, and the problem was carrying over to other Commissions as well, so it wasn't just Maryland. That came back up the past week, and Tommy Dreamer has been working his ass of to clear Axl once and for all. Then, after Tommy Dreamer went to such extreme lengths to help the guy, Axl just totally 100% no-showed RAW without so much as a phone call.

Also, about Gangrel, not only has he been contacted but they say that he has already signed a contract to come in.

-Axl had a health problem, or something that the Maryland Commission didn't see too fondly, so he had been banned from performing in that location, and the problem was carrying over to other Commissions as well, so it wasn't just Maryland. That came back up the past week, and Tommy Dreamer has been working his ass of to clear Axl once and for all. Then, after Tommy Dreamer went to such extreme lengths to help the guy, Axl just totally 100% no-showed RAW without so much as a phone call..

Wow. Fire this dude.

My worry is also that since WWE Creative is going to be in charge of this show that it bodes ill for ECW. Stephanie doesn't want ECW back and letting her write/book this show is like leaving the fox in charge of the hen house.