TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO "WWE .VS. ECW Special" Thread - June/7th/06.

I really enjoyed that Big Show promo on WWE.com or ECW.com or whatever it's on. Show actually has pretty decent delivery when he's not screaming and yelling.

So, I don't know if this is a big deal, but why did mysterio at the last second push the chair off of his chest as RVD went for the frog splash? Was it a spot that mysterio didn't want to do?

maybe it was a "I don't have the energy to outright get out of the way in time, but I can make it hurt less by getting this chair off of me" type thing

Probably protection, for both him and Rob, like when guys raise their arms a little when taking splashes.

And Scroby, no problem. I hate people who use terms like "in the business" when they're not in the business, but I can deal with people when they actually are.

Just one question, can anyone watch that segment and honestly say that Tazz looked stronger coming out of it? Tazz talked tough last week and on tonight's show and then when confronted he couldn't get the job done. He is supposedly still this tough guy and he think Jerry lawler is a joke. Yet when they fight, he can't get the job done

Should he have destroyed Lawler right there, making the ONS match mean nothing?

He's going to destroy Lawler, but the whole idea of the segment was to make people want to pay 40 bucks to see him do it.

Agreed, I can't believe I'm saying this but it's called telling a story folks.

I fail to see how that Lawler-Tazz pullapart hurt either guy. What I do see, however, is that strummer and Cowboy should not be let near computers, anytime. Ever. Valium guys, take some.

Can we add pongkong to that list?

I am still holding out hope that eventually ECW gets its own smaller ring, tighter ropes, which would probably only happen if it got popular enough to garner it's own taping crew.

Oh yeah, will a WWE-sized ring even fit inside the ECW Arena? Also I forgot did ONS last year have the smaller ring?

I am still holding out hope that eventually ECW gets its own smaller ring, tighter ropes, which would probably only happen if it got popular enough to garner it's own taping crew.

Oh yeah, will a WWE-sized ring even fit inside the ECW Arena? Also I forgot did ONS last year have the smaller ring?

I believe it did have a smaller ring last year.

They had the old style ropes, at the very least.

I love that the fate of ECW is being defended by lifelong ECW wrestlers like Big Show & Kurt Angle.

This is the Invasion all over again...

What he said.

On the one hand, this makes the ECW "stars" look like total losers.

On the other hand, most of those guys are. My god, the love guys like Sandman and Sabu get is inconceivable to me. What do they bring to the table except contrived spots and business-exposing nonsense? Ooh, they can bleed. Wonderful. Don't even get me started on Justin Tolerable and Jobbin' Stevie Richards. Feh.

That said, I'm still excited to have another hour of wrestling on TV. If anything, it will be a springboard for all the up-and-comers I keep hearing about but never see.

Fair enough. But honestly, it sorta *IS* what we imagined the invasion should be, with the "top" ECW stars (Sandman, Dreamer) doing the invasion. But at the same time, the ones we REALLY need doing the invasion aren't contracted: Mike Awesome, Raven, Rhino, and maybe the Dudleys.

And I know Awesome is injured but shit, why haven't they signed him yet?

And I *STILL* hold some faith in Paul Heyman that, starting AFTER One Night Stand, he'll push some new talent like Punk and Albright.

I love that the fate of ECW is being defended by lifelong ECW wrestlers like Big Show & Kurt Angle.

What he said.

Well, seriously. They need a roster. If they're going to be their own brand they can't be running around with a 10-man roster, so shuffling around the RAW & SD rosters (aside from signing a shitload of new contracts) is the only thing they can do, really.

What the HELL is everybody going all crazy about Lawlers punch?? He didnt connect. He hit him in the neck/ shoulder area. Its not like Lawler blasted him in the face. I was more impresses with funk, busting open Foley and giving him a mouse under his I with his stiff shots!

Just one question, can anyone watch that segment and honestly say that Tazz looked stronger coming out of it? Tazz talked tough last week and on tonight's show and then when confronted he couldn't get the job done. He is supposedly still this tough guy and he think Jerry lawler is a joke. Yet when they fight, he can't get the job done

He's going to destroy Lawler, but the whole idea of the segment was to make people want to pay 40 bucks to see him do it.

I fail to see how that Lawler-Tazz pullapart hurt either guy. What I do see, however, is that strummer and Cowboy should not be let near computers, anytime. Ever. Valium guys, take some.

Add me if you want to. Was that last remark supposed to hurt my feelings? You're insulting me over an online forum over pro wrestling.

The WWE vs. ECW special show did a 3.1 cable rating, with a 5 share. The show did hours of 2.9 and 3.3.

Credit: PWInsider.com

I think that's a great rating given that it was a wednesday night, don't you think?

Last year at ONS they had the 18x18 ring with the tighter ropes, and I'd imagine that they would do the same thing this year....

What he said.

Well, seriously. They need a roster. If they're going to be their own brand they can't be running around with a 10-man roster, so shuffling around the RAW & SD rosters (aside from signing a shitload of new contracts) is the only thing they can do, really.

Well, the argument has been made that guys like Angle and Show have no business going to ECW, but if this is going to be the new OVW, I imagine that they're going to take a lot of OVW's roster and put them in the new ECW once the nostaglia kick wears off. I mean, really they can't have more WWE v ECW stuff on the ECW weekly series can you? Even SD!'s roster is about double ECW's at this point, not including all of SD!'s injured reserve

Add me if you want to. Was that last remark supposed to hurt my feelings? You're insulting me over an online forum over pro wrestling.

No, I'm insulting your lack of intelligence about professional wrestling on the whole. You seem to see everything through Stamford made glasses.

Guest Overworked

If the brand promotion ECW is taken seriously enough and it does generate money, you can be sure that those behind the ECW scenes will push the WWE execs to try and send feelers out to other ECW alumis including Raven/Shane Douglas etc.

As much as one wants to stand defiantly against the Corporate WWE monster. Whatever is right for you or your family money wise will always be a sneaking back of your mind thought. If ECW as it is becomes successful venture for the WWE, even those who think that the WWE bastardized it will start to come around. (if ECW shows some independance from WWE that it is simply its own entity under the WWE production umbrella) But if ECW falls by the wayside like the various other side ventures....WBF, XFL, Tough Enough, WWF NY etc they would have gained nothing by joining up immediately.

on the Tazz/Lawler thing, keeping in mind they did have matches together in 2000, Tazz THEN could have broken Lawler in half. Tazz could have dropped a Z and Dragon Suplexed Jerry into a Table if he wanted to. But the storyline made them fight as equals. And back then Tazz was in pure fighting condition. Tazz isn't now. Oh Im sure he can definately break Lawler even now if he wanted too but as it was said this is a storyline and however they act it out will be how its done.

Angle and Show going to ECW is just like Test joining The Alliance. When it comes to any ECW vs. WWE matches, it'll be the guys who jumped to ECW getting the wins, so a WWE guy won't have to put over a genuine ECW name.

As for the Lawler/Tazz deal, the only part I really didn't like was Tazz not taking Lawler down when he tackled him behind the commentary table. Tazz really should have taken Lawler down there.

On that note, since I don't recall seeing it mentioned elsewhere in this thread: did anyone else notice Tazz asking "What page is that on?" during the women's match? When I heard that, I was like, "What the fuck?"

As for the Lawler/Tazz deal, the only part I really didn't like was Tazz not taking Lawler down when he tackled him behind the commentary table. Tazz really should have taken Lawler down there.

Is it possible he's still nervous about his neck and didn't want to risk it?

Terry Funk and Shane Douglas once had an ECW World Title match at the ECW Arena that ended in a DQ.

PauL E. publicly had to explain it on Sportschannel the next week.

When Francine bit Funk's ear. That was pretty corny.

Guest Felonies!
On that note, since I don't recall seeing it mentioned elsewhere in this thread: did anyone else notice Tazz asking "What page is that on?" during the women's match? When I heard that, I was like, "What the fuck?"

HE'S SHOOTING HE'S SHOOTING

Come on, I thought everyone got that.

And Scroby, no problem. I hate people who use terms like "in the business" when they're not in the business, but I can deal with people when they actually are.

No worries, I understand completely where your coming from. I can't stand that either. You had every right to actually ask that of me.