TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO "WWE .VS. ECW Special" Thread - June/7th/06.

Just have RVD win clean, no ref stupidity. Ref counts 1-2-3. No dispute.

And just have Vince and Cena be total pricks the next night saying they don't recognize the win. As far as they are concerned, it never happened.

No dusty finish. No double pin. Just straight up, RVD wins and they refuse to accept it.

From PWInsider:

As noted several days ago in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Dave Heath aka Gangrel has been signed to a new WWE deal and is expected to be part of the reformed Extreme Championship Wrestling. Heath was backstage at Smackdown in Bakersfield, CA a few weeks back.

With his release from the MTV Wrestling Society X project, it is believed Justin Credible has signed with WWE and may debut as soon as tonight on the WWE vs. ECW special.

And about the Battle Royal on the show tonight:

A 20 man Battle Royal with 10 WWE wrestlers and 10 ECW wrestlers. Announced so far for the WWE team are: Bobby Lashley, Finlay, Mark Henry, Shelton Benjamin, Edge and The Big Show. ECW has announced Kurt Angle, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney and Al Snow for the match.

They could always do a angle where RVD wins with the Van Damninator (sp?) or the terminator and the next night on Raw Vince comes out and says that since weapons were used in a WWE championship match, RVD is DQ'ed and the champion is still Cena. It'll turn Cena heel most likely, but I think its time for a new heel.

From PWInsider:

As noted several days ago in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Dave Heath aka Gangrel has been signed to a new WWE deal and is expected to be part of the reformed Extreme Championship Wrestling. Heath was backstage at Smackdown in Bakersfield, CA a few weeks back.

Yes! Whats this, his 3rd contract? We're getting the brood back....or something similar without all the lighting and blood baths.

More on Axl Rotten:

-He no-showed RAW because he was supposed to have a physical earlier in the day, and he wasn't going to be allowed to work the show unless he had that done. He had about three chances to get the physical and he no-showed all three of them, for some reason.

On the PWInsider audio they just said that the reason we kept seeing replays of Sabu's botched Arabian Facebuster, is because those high up and in charge and in control of the video production didn't even know he fucking botched the move.

On the PWInsider audio they just said that the reason we kept seeing replays of Sabu's botched Arabian Facebuster, is because those high up and in charge and in control of the video production didn't even know he fucking botched the move.

To be fair, he still made contact with the chair and they haven't seen anyone try something like that in a long time if ever.

Course the whole beatdown was very unimpressive.

What are crowds usually like in Dayton, Ohio?

Hot and smarky. It's at the Nutter center, which isn't all that much bigger then the Hara Arena(where ECW held it's Dayton shows at). Dayton has always been one of ECW's top markets.

More on Axl Rotten:

-He no-showed RAW because he was supposed to have a physical earlier in the day, and he wasn't going to be allowed to work the show unless he had that done. He had about three chances to get the physical and he no-showed all three of them, for some reason.

I defy anyone to feel sorry for Axl Rotten. He screwed up his chance to join WWE last year as well, and he's long past the point of caring about.

Vince wants ECW to fail and the people that work for him are more retarded than Eugene.

I'm not holding my breath on a great show tonight (I still remember SNME... matches were fine, and the angles were ok, but overall it seemed like a lot of commercials and wasted time), but I'm looking forward to it enough that I switched my afternoon shift to a day shift with the intention of going to a friend's to watch this tonight.

Tonight's show will be a total success in my eyes if Sabu busts open John Cena and at least pulls off a few of his spots on the guy. Everything else is just a bonus for me.

Guest Doombiscuit
They could always do a angle where RVD wins with the Van Damninator (sp?) or the terminator and the next night on Raw Vince comes out and says that since weapons were used in a WWE championship match, RVD is DQ'ed and the champion is still Cena. It'll turn Cena heel most likely, but I think its time for a new heel.

I actually kind of like that idea. Doesn't make Cena look like such a pussy as refusing to accept that he lost would.

I like that too. Seeing as they don't want to turn Cena heel though they could have him say he doesn't want the belt handed to him on a silver platter by Vince leading to it being vacated and setting up a Cena/Edge match for the title at the next PPV

Vivisectvi, I disagree on this. Heyman has flat out gone out and said that should RVD and/or Sabu win his respective match and belt then they are going to make it the ECW title. I mean good grief, how many advantages do they need? They have the fans, the arena, the rules all on their side. So one of the two needs to win.

It would be horrible beyond words to job BOTH RVD and Sabu at that PPV. I mean plane crash into the mountain level bad. It wouldn't hurt Sabu that much to lose to Rey if he wipes himself out after attempting some insane move.

If they dare job out RVD at that show they can forget anyone watching the new ECW. Or doing the PPV again. I'm expecting some slightly dubious finish where RVD wins, but then leaves room enough for a Dusty Finish where Vince will in the end give the WWE belt back to Cena and RVD will go to ECW as their world champ.

True enough. I forgot about that part with Heyman renaming it to the ECW title. For me, though, that would just seem shoddy. I'd rather have the old original ECW title than the World Heavyweight Title that's been hotshotted around and renamed since 2001.

True enough. I forgot about that part with Heyman renaming it to the ECW title. For me, though, that would just seem shoddy. I'd rather have the old original ECW title than the World Heavyweight Title that's been hotshotted around and renamed since 2001.

Well, for the old ECW title to be back, we have to wait until after June 18th for Rhino to appear if he's coming.

THen, he could come, claiming to be the REAL ECW champ, and we go from there.

EDIT: And depending on how this whole ECW thing works out, I may have to update my sig a bit.

Well, for the old ECW title to be back, we have to wait until after June 18th for Rhino to appear if he's coming.

Someone could become the ECW champ and then when Rhino finally does come back we have ourselves an instant main event feud.

Did they say anything about the big meeting today before the show? Or what HHH thought of his segment on Raw?

The spot was botched considering it was supposed to be an arabian face-buster, but it wasn't like he still didn't hit the chair on Cena.

To me it actually looked like Sabu knew in mid-air flight that he was too far away to hit the move, and kind of changed it while in-flight.

Did they say anything about the big meeting today before the show? Or what HHH thought of his segment on Raw?

Nothing about HHH, and almost nothing about the meeting other than everyone has been told to be at it and it'll be where everyone is told the exact details of the upcoming ECW show and all of that. I'm sure we'll know more after the show tonight, and in the next few days.

To me it actually looked like Sabu knew in mid-air flight that he was too far away to hit the move, and kind of changed it while in-flight.

Yeah, you could tell that even before the spot that Sabu knew he couldn't make it. I hear that he was actually told to go to the other corner since it was so far away, but he thought he could hit it. Once he was finally up top he knew it also, but he didn't think it would look right for him to get down and go all the way around to the other. Then, like you said, in mid-flight he altered the move the best he could.

Yeah, you could tell that even before the spot that Sabu knew he couldn't make it. I hear that he was actually told to go to the other corner since it was so far away, but he thought he could hit it. Once he was finally up top he knew it also, but he didn't think it would look right for him to get down and go all the way around to the other. Then, like you said, in mid-flight he altered the move the best he could.

Like I said before, in wrestilng your taught that once you climb up, you better not climb back down. Your told to go for it, no matter how bad it might come off of. It would have looked silly if Sabu climbed up that turnbuckle, looked at Cena, climbed down and went to a closer corner.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Like I said before, in wrestilng your taught that once you climb up, you better not climb back down. Your told to go for it, no matter how bad it might come off of. It would have looked silly if Sabu climbed up that turnbuckle, looked at Cena, climbed down and went to a closer corner.

A heel can got down, after going up. They can just jump down to their feet, and do a cocky smile to the crowd.

If Sabu had the balance, I would have suggested he run the top ring rope to another corner, THEN hit the move.

Though I don't know if Sabu has the balance for that.

I thought Id be more hyped up about tonight but Im not..

Similar to the PPV on Sunday. I was all for ordering it (and I probably still will with the $5 rebate I need to use) but everything thats happened leads me to believe the PPV isn't going to be as good as last years..

And Im guessing the ECW on Sci Fi show starts next week..3 wrestling shows a week is a lot although soon enough it will be back to 2.

Or just vacate the belt and put it up for grabs in the Cena-Edge match at Vengeance.

Cena/Sabu. That'll be worth my two hours just to see how much of a train wreck it ends up being.

Plus I want to see if a long-standing ECW spot accepts the "new" ECW. I always wanted ECW here, but I think just about the only show they ran out of Houston was a couple of months before they folded.