TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 6/12 - 6/18

And the 'Stros hang on to win their 3rd in a row. They've won 7 of their last 8. However, this is only their 2nd series win on the road, but, we're definently 'playing the game the right way'. Huzzah!

Guest NYankees

I think Mike said that the Yankees had the better signing with Pavano compared to Clement with Boston because Pavano doesn't pitch. So far so true.

Thank God for Jacques Jones (Don't act like you don't know the name...) and his lack of plate discipline.

No S at the end, dumbas.

Pfft. That was rude and uncalled for...jackas.

By the way, Mik:

Okay. So the Marlins have been doing well lately. They could keep it up, they could not. There are too many variables involved here for you to act so sure that they're gonna go to the playoffs next year.

Guest StylesMark

Nice game from the Yankees...with some pointless drama thrown in.

Robinson Cano continues to suprise me. Yes I did bash him last week, but hes picked up the power a bit lately, and continues to hit and and hit and hit. He had 3 more hits tonight and his average is up to about .330.

The Mets continue to lengthen the biggest lead in the bigs. In fact, we're further ahead of second than all of the other division leaders combined. Life is good right now. Vamos Mets.

I'm watching the Mariners/A's game on FSN Northwest. I have to say, they have a great announce team, especially Dave Henderson. One of the best analysts I've heard. I could listen to him all day.

kotz: when did you become such a baseball fan?

banky: when did you become such a Tigers fan?

always liked the tigers. of all teams to jump on the bandwagon in any sport, why did i chose the tigers?

i've gotten detroit tv affiliates all my life. used to watch the games with ernie harwell & al kaline on their nbc affiliate (wdiv) in the late 80's/early 90's.

Guest StylesMark

Cano is a very good contact hitter. He's just a spotty second baseman.

4 in a row. 5 of 6. 14 of 20.

Go Marlins. One of the hottest teams in baseball.

Before the season everyone was so quick to talk about how "truly awful" the Marlins were. Truly awful teams (like the Royals) NEVER have runs like these.

And you didn't write them off too?

Their payroll is FIFTEEN MILLION. Excuse me while I vomit while you trump their heroic efforts.

They're not a truly awful team, unless you count that run right before yours where they had 6 wins in 27 games. Blame someone else besides the writers and fans who wrote them off. Blame their shitty owners for fielding a team that can't reasonably compete yet.

I'm really getting sick of Clement getting "injured" so he can get pulled out of the ballgame. This is like 3 starts out of 4 this has happened. If there's something really wrong, just DL the guy.

Guest Brian
I'm watching the Mariners/A's game on FSN Northwest. I have to say, they have a great announce team, especially Dave Henderson. One of the best analysts I've heard. I could listen to him all day.

Henderson and Valle are the only guys that are worth anything. Riz never amounted to anything, but he's okay if he sticks to straight play-by-play. Niehaus is just flat-out horrible, overexaggerating everything, constantly getting lost. Yeah, he can catch some excitement when he's right, but I can't even begin to count the number of times he's played a ball off like it's going to be a homerun only to end up as a can of corn. And don't get me started on RON Fairly. This is why I'm always quick to point out how great the other team's announcers are whenever I pick up Dodger, Phillies, Giants, etc.

always liked the tigers. of all teams to jump on the bandwagon in any sport, why did i chose the tigers?

i've gotten detroit tv affiliates all my life. used to watch the games with ernie harwell & al kaline on their nbc affiliate (wdiv) in the late 80's/early 90's.

Fair enough. I always thought you were an A's fan.

Neifi Perez's OBP is only 16 points above his batting average. Man, that's BAD.

He's never walked much in his career. The only reason people weren't fainting over his terrible OBP last season was because it looked marginally decent because of his hot start. Of course, his inability to draw walks means nothing to Dusty, who thinks speed is more important than actually getting on base. If you aren't fast and get on base, well then you're just clogging them up.

I'm really getting sick of Clement getting "injured" so he can get pulled out of the ballgame. This is like 3 starts out of 4 this has happened. If there's something really wrong, just DL the guy.

The same thing happened his final weeks in Chicago. I don't think it was ever in the cards to bring him back, but the way he fizzled out those final weeks after a great season, probablyprevented much of an uproar from the fanbase.

I'm always quick to point out how great the other team's announcers are whenever I pick up Dodger, Phillies, Giants, etc.

I've had the Extra Innings package for two and a half seasons and I don't think I've ever gotten the Phillies' feed. I really enjoy Scully; my only complaint is his tone never really changes based on what's happening. We know he's a Dodgers fan, but he sounds the same whether something falls their way or doesn't.

On other boards, I've seen rumors that the "dead arm" thing was a ploy so he wouldn't have to pitch to Texas, and could instead pitch against weak-hitting Twins. Is this just one guy's posts, or is that really what's commonly believed in Boston right now?

I'm always quick to point out how great the other team's announcers are whenever I pick up Dodger, Phillies, Giants, etc.

I've had the Extra Innings package for two and a half seasons and I don't think I've ever gotten the Phillies' feed. I really enjoy Scully; my only complaint is his tone never really changes based on what's happening. We know he's a Dodgers fan, but he sounds the same whether something falls their way or doesn't.

CSN Philadelphia has rules against it, I think, or they couldn't reach a financial agreement with EI.

On other boards, I've seen rumors that the "dead arm" thing was a ploy so he wouldn't have to pitch to Texas, and could instead pitch against weak-hitting Twins. Is this just one guy's posts, or is that really what's commonly believed in Boston right now?

Regardless of how much it's believed, it's dead wrong. I can't see how a pitcher would see arm trouble as an attractive alternative to bad outings, as far as marketability is concerned.

Esteban Loaiza was arrested for DUI last night. I'll be interested if the A's see this as an out to his contract.

Fair enough. I always thought you were an A's fan.

no, i like the a's too. but the tigers have always been my number 1. just over the past 13 years, there really hasn't been much to cheer about. i adopted the a's in the late 90's. but i like them both. now i can actually attempt to discuss the tigers here because people may sorta care. although thats still a stretch.

Esteban Loaiza was arrested for DUI last night. I'll be interested if the A's see this as an out to his contract.

I don't think we'll see John Mabry in an A's uniform again. How could the Cubs trade away that veteran presence?

So, Prior's officially comin' back, eh? I heard rumors of it...Maybe he'll make more than two starts before going back on the DL. Now all you need is Wade Miller to come back, even though I guarantee that he will never pitch an inning in a Cubs uniform. Too bad, too. He was money when he was with the Astros, but he had bad mechanics that just ate up his arm. And, from what I've heard, he hasn't changed his mechanics any. Too bad. In any event, I'm really looking forward to today's all-Venezuala pitching matchup almost as much as I was looking forward to yesterday's Johnson & Johnson matchup.

Guest StylesMark

Prior is coming back? I give him 4 starts.

Hopefully there is some more beaning today in the Bronx, but it's Mussina pitching, so I doubt it.

The announcers on the Cardinals game just had a discussion about some furries (they actually called them furries too), dressed as dogs, that they met at a hotel that was having a furry convention. They said they were "interesting people". I think that's putting it lightly, Dan and Al.

Al: I used to think we stayed in high quality hotels. *laughs*

Dan: Well, not to say that they aren't, but you just meet people of all walks of life. And we get the furries.

And he did it just nine hours before he has to make a start today, if they don't skip him. They have a problem because the two guys who could make an emergency start today if necessary, Brad Halsey and Chad Gaudin, both pitched last night although only one inning apiece.

The Mets are killing the Phillies again. 4-0 end of 1. I think we've scored in the first inning of almost every game on this roadtrip, and this is at least the 3rd of 4th time we've notched a 4 spot.