TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prime Time Andrew Doyle

OAO Raw Thread- 12 June 2006

Didn't Styles say RVD would be defending against Edge at Vengeance?

He said he assumed he could I believe it was. Seriously, if RVD goes into Vengeance with the belt against Cena and Edge he must retain. Cause they really killed his markout moment for me last night. It doesn't even feel like he won the belt.

How about a 3-way at Vengeance, and Edge pins Cena while something is going on with RVD so that he isn't pinned? Maybe something huge takes him out or maybe someone from ECW shows up to cause him to lose starting up ECW's main feud.

either way, the ECW belt will come off as cheap...like I said before, they should have just reinstated the old belt, had a tourney for it and brought Rhino back in to challenge for it as he was the last real ECW champ.

I have a hard time believing that the WWE Title and all it's lineage will be transformed into the ECW Title with a new WWE Title being created.

How about a 3-way at Vengeance, and Edge pins Cena while something is going on with RVD so that he isn't pinned? Maybe something huge takes him out or maybe someone from ECW shows up to cause him to lose starting up ECW's main feud.

Doesn't do a thing for me. He doesn't even feel like the champion to me now. If they had let him win clean last night and THEN did something like that at Vengeance then yeah, it would work perfectly well.

Plus WWE champion Edge? Hell, that would make me turn off RAW for good.

Ok, let Cena win and hold it until SummerSlam, whatever. :P

If I was booking tonight, I'd have RVD come out with Heyman and Bill Alfonso (just because damnit), and all the while RVD would have the WWE spinner belt as well as a new ECW world title.

If I was booking tonight, I'd have RVD come out with Heyman and Bill Alfonso (just because damnit), and all the while RVD would have the WWE spinner belt as well as a new ECW world title.

Vince should make his life a living hell for the next few weeks and just have RVD defend it and defend it and defend it.

If they do that, just make RVD have title match after title match where they are stacking the deck and he keeps winning, it will make up for what they did and then the drop at the PPV wouldn't be so bad. But it's got to be something where RVD gets some really big and hard fought wins.

Cause right now, they really have sent him in the opposite direction.

If they do that week after week we'll just get more bullshit like the SS stuff with HHH that we're now seeing. This angle with RVD needs to end ASAP so that he can stick to ECW TV and only ECW TV.

That would actually be a good idea. Vince could strip RVD of the WWE title, and then RVD can do a promo of how he didn't want to be WWE champion anyway, and that he is the champion of the WRESTLING BRAND...ECW...yadda yadda yadda......and leave Raw as the recognized ECW Champion.

If they do that week after week we'll just get more bullshit like the SS stuff with HHH that we're now seeing. This angle with RVD needs to end ASAP so that he can stick to ECW TV and only ECW TV.

So how do you do it? I mean, I am seriously clueless after that horrible ending last night. The finish did more to push Edge vs Cena than launch RVD and ECW as a serious brand. I hate how they always put themselves in a corner.

I think they need to seperate ECW and WWE ASAP though, and having RVD keep coming back to RAW would not help matters. Besides any interpromotional shows they will be having in the future, I think it is important to keep the brands seperate PERIOD. If at the end of RAW tonight, RVD is recognized as the ECW Heavyweight Champ of the world, I will be happy. He just needs a damn belt and to get off of RAW as soon as possible, to go jumpstart ECW.

Speaking of ECW, does anyone have an actual preview for the show yet? On my Dish guide when I hit info it just says "ECW: Paul Heyman, Kurt Angle & RVD" but doesn't have a match or any type of preview...?

I think they need to seperate ECW and WWE ASAP though, and having RVD keep coming back to RAW would not help matters. Besides any interpromotional shows they will be having in the future, I think it is important to keep the brands seperate PERIOD. If at the end of RAW tonight, RVD is recognized as the ECW Heavyweight Champ of the world, I will be happy. He just needs a damn belt and to get off of RAW as soon as possible, to go jumpstart ECW.

Speaking of ECW, does anyone have an actual preview for the show yet? On my Dish guide when I hit info it just says "ECW: Paul Heyman, Kurt Angle & RVD" but doesn't have a match or any type of preview...?

I'd imagine they aren't going to do a preview until they get things settled with the belt. Or they really have no clue what they are going to do.

I'm just pissed RVD finally gets a belt and it doesn't even feel like he got the belt. They managed to cheapen his WWE World Title and ECW World Title win all at once. It's frustrating. You wait four or five plus years for something and then watch as it gets pissed down a leg.

Did you just hit 10,000 or is it locked like that?

Fuck it, I say have the 3-way tonight instead of the PPV for the WWE title so RVD can go ahead and move on.

Yeah, they could have fixed it by having Cena kick out during a pin attempt after Edge's spear. I would have liked to see Fonzie come out and count the pin too.

I'd imagine they aren't going to do a preview until they get things settled with the belt. Or they really have no clue what they are going to do.

I'm just pissed RVD finally gets a belt and it doesn't even feel like he got the belt. They managed to cheapen his WWE World Title and ECW World Title win all at once. It's frustrating. You wait four or five plus years for something and then watch as it gets pissed down a leg.

Well that is what you get when WWE is booking ONS II. I am just trying to make the best of the situation with my ideas. I mean I know they aren't spectacular ideas and definately not ideally what we all would like to see, but I am trying to make the best out of the bad booking from last night.

Ok, so they have a three way match tonight and do a double pin, where somehow all three guys get laid out, but it ends up with RVD and Cena both with their arms over Edge, so the ref counts to 3, but when he stands up he notices BOTH GUYS were pinning Edge........so then award RVD ECW Champ since he is going to ECW, and Cena WWE Champ....!?!

Did you just hit 10,000 or is it locked like that?

Fuck it, I say have the 3-way tonight instead of the PPV for the WWE title so RVD can go ahead and move on.

No, I think I just hit 10,000 and didn't really care.

And I know everyone is making the best out of the horrible situation from last night, but I'm just disappointed that no one in the damn company realized by protecting Cena the way they did, they took all the focus from ECW and RVD's title win.

They had ECW rolling along and people were very excited and expected some kind of weird finish. But they didn't expect something that horrible.

Ok, so they have a three way match tonight and do a double pin, where somehow all three guys get laid out, but it ends up with RVD and Cena both with their arms over Edge, so the ref counts to 3, but when he stands up he notices BOTH GUYS were pinning Edge........so then award RVD ECW Champ since he is going to ECW, and Cena WWE Champ....!?!

..That's god damn perfect.

It'll never happen.

So did people have the same feeling when Eddie beat Lesnar? Because all that did was help set up Goldberg v Brock.

The difference is Goldberg stopped Lesnar from cheating Eddie out of the title. Not to mention, the spear wasn't what did in Brock. He kicked out of a move by Eddie and had him up in the F-5 before Eddie countered with a DDT.

Big differences.

Cena complains, Edge laughs at him, Vince says no ref counted so WWE Title is vacant, will be contested between Cena and Edge at Vengeance, Umaga squashes someone, meaningless diva stuff, Hunter kills Spirit squad, shannanigans, Hunter gets a face full of Vince ass.

Yes, I'll still be watching.

Mickie James is better than almost everything on Raw.

I agree with that, but she needs someone to work with now that Hoss McNon-reaction is out with an injury.

So did people have the same feeling when Eddie beat Lesnar? Because all that did was help set up Goldberg v Brock.

Of course not, because people around here liked Brock Lesnar and Eddie Guerrero alot more than John Cena and Rob Van Dam. What the guys around here think is right, IS RIGHT. ;)

I think the best thing to do would have Vince come out and say that RVD is NOT the WWE Champion, because a legitimate referee did not count the pinfall. However, he goes on to say that Cena did not successfully retain the belt, and that at Vengeance, John Cena takes on Edge for the held up WWE Championship (since Edge is the number one contender anyway). RVD can come out with Heyman and say "screw this", and plug tomorrow night's ECW show. Heyman can declare him the first ECW World Heavyweight Champion right there. Maybe Vince can take a Van Daminator before RVD and Heyman storm off.

Basically, it would set up the next WWE PPV main event, and give RVD a legit beef, while also giving him a reason to be recognized as the new ECW champion. It would also make ECW seem more like the cool, upstart promotion that it should be portrayed as.

but again, it falls back to the ECW title not being a real title...it's no better, honestly, than Bischoff creating a Raw title and simply giving it to HHH...I'm telling you, create an ECW belt and then hold an 8 man tourney in ECW...that would get the job done.

I've gone on record as saying that I don't like what they're doing with ECW, and for the most part I'm turned off by it...

That being said...I really really want RVD to go down in history as a WWE champion...

and things are starting to look up for me:

"--We had a confirmation this morning, and keep in mind how much things change in WWE, that they will not be taking the title off Rob Van Dam tonight on Raw, and he will lose it in the ring at some time in the future. Van Dam vs. Edge is scheduled for Vengeance, although it is possible they would put John Cena in and make it a three-way since there is no obvious match-up for Cena on that show. To pretty much confirm that, Van Dam will be in Charlotte tomorrow at Noon for the Vengeance press conference, and the fly into Trenton for the tapings."

-Meltzer

As much as I like them, I hate how the Spirit Squad have taken the "tonight, you're gonna face all five members of the Spirit Squad" role for the top babyfaces McMahon hates, not unlike Bischoff and Kane.