TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The OaO 90's Fighting Games Thread

A Cavi post!? It's a Festivus miracle!!!!!

SURVIVAL ARTS is godly. I thought I was the only one in the world who knew of it.

Way of the Warrior has some of the greatest character designs ever in gaming. Besides Jake you can't forget the mysterious ninja named....Ninja.

I always enjoyed playing Marvel vs. Capcom, Samuri Showdown, Darkstalkers, Killer Instinct, SF:II World when I went to the arcade and played fighting games.

The first time I did Chun-Li's Kikoshou in MvC, I marked like an eight year old. It soon after became by best defensive weapon.

That's MUGEN. It's an open-source fighting game where pretty much anyone can put together their own sprites and animations and add fighters to the game.

On the 31st there is a freeware Streets of Rage remake going to be released....

You can play through the beta in the meantime (only stage 1 playable in it).

http://www.bombergames.net/ -- where you will be able to get it // get the beta in the meantime.

Topic with screenies:

http://bombergames.se32.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657

Played the beta, good work. It feels (and at least the first stage is designed like) like SoR2, which is a great thing.

That's MUGEN. It's an open-source fighting game where pretty much anyone can put together their own sprites and animations and add fighters to the game.

Thanks.

In terms of Beat-em-ups, Alien v Predator and Battle Circuit (emulator only) are the kings.

In terms of fighters... Street Fighter/Darkstalker/Marvel/Versus series are all great.

There are people who swear that the SNK games are the best, but I wouldn't know. An example of a KOF match:

Ok, learning the controls...

Fireball! Fireball!Fireball!

Ok, then I'll jump in...

Priority strong punch! combo!

YOU LOSE

They were seriously the hardest games ever. A shame, since it seemed like they had some cool characters. Samurai Shodown was keen, though. SNK made that, right?

My favorite fighting games of all are Tekken Tag Tournament and Marvel v Capcom2. They pretty much on the oppositte sides of the spectrum, Tekken being pretty intensive and MvC being a launcher butting mashing funfest. With the 2nd best character ever: Buletta/BB Hood.

Guilty Gear is the shit too. Best character ever? Faust. My friend is an expert at the game. I can only beat him with Faust, and I always beat him with Faust. The trick is being absolutely stupid.