TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Thread - June 13th 2006

And I agree that the show needed Cyrus. I'd love for them to reprise the Network and have him plugging Sci-Fi Original Movies or something

Tonight, after ECW, stay tuned for the network television debut of...BATS!

Actually, the lame striptease thing would've been the perfect time for it. Right as she's about to take her top of, we hear "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME!" and out comes Cyrus. CM Punk could play the Steve Corino role. The Zombie and that vampire bloke could be the Dupps

I don't care what anyone says, Cyrus as the leader of the Network was great. He really sounded like he gave a damn for TNN shows.

I still want a three man commentary with Taz, Joey Styles and Richard Dean Anderson. The WWE should be making this happen. He could tell stories about the set of Sci-Fi's hit series STARGATE SG-1, which would totally appease Sci-Fi. Plus it draws in that surprisingly strong Richard Dean Anderson demographic.

Actually, the lame striptease thing would've been the perfect time for it. Right as she's about to take her top of, we hear "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME!" and out comes Cyrus. CM Punk could play the Steve Corino role. The Zombie and that vampire bloke could be the Dupps

I WANT TREKKIES!!!!! Including Sign Guy Trekkie.

ecwscifi4.jpg

And I agree that the show needed Cyrus. I'd love for them to reprise the Network and have him plugging Sci-Fi Original Movies or something

Tonight, after ECW, stay tuned for the network television debut of...BATS!

I don't care what anyone says, Cyrus as the leader of the Network was great. He really sounded like he gave a damn for TNN shows.

I still want a three man commentary with Taz, Joey Styles and Richard Dean Anderson. The WWE should be making this happen. He could tell stories about the set of Sci-Fi's hit series STARGATE SG-1, which would totally appease Sci-Fi. Plus it draws in that surprisingly strong Richard Dean Anderson demographic.

Change that to Ben Browder and you've actually got a good idea.

And while we're at it, Sci-Fi needs to rerun that Farscape episode where Crichton fights Harvey in a dumpster match.

vizzampire.jpg

" There has been discussion about a vampire group, but that discussion came from our end as much as their end because there is a real culture out there today among ages 19-24. They're called bite clubs, and it is kids, kind of like the Gothic scene now. It's a real culture that's out there, and it's very popular, and it's very hot. Anybody that follows the New York or Los Angeles club scene will find out there are a lot of kids into this right now."

The vampire was one of the worst parts of the show last night and I was in fucking awe of what I was seeing. It seemed to drag on for minutes. I know how important the vampire demographic is; I just can't believe Vince Russo didn't think to appeal to it first.

vizzampire.jpg

Behold the Pale Rider!

I dunno about anyone else, but I for one am quite excited to see Kevin Fertig being given a second chance by WWE. I think his Mordecai character would've been more suited for a sci-fi channel role, but I'm not too bothered by vampire gimmicks. I hope he can make good on this and get over his stage fright.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else in the thread, but did anyone else notice that Heyman handed RVD one of the $250 replica ECW belts that can be picked up at the souvenier stand at any given WWE event? Couldn't WWE at least TRY to give ECW an actual title belt?

Guest DaGoodz

ECW notes

- Expect more "Sci Fi" style characters in the fashion of The Zombie in the coming weeks. The plan is for The Sandman to come out each week and squash them.

- Vince McMahon wants the ECW brand to be built around Sabu as the top heel, while Paul Heyman wants to use the established ECW players to put over younger talent. McMahon has been telling people backstage that the WWE should have signed Sabu years ago.

- Expect the WWE vs. ECW storyline to end after Vengeance. The plan was to cross promote on RAW and ECW leading up to the PPV, to hype both the ECW debut and the PPV. Vince wants established WWE stars on ECW at the beginning to get the regular WWE fan tuned in, and the hope is that those fans will remain once it becomes all-ECW.

- Paul Heyman is focused on building a strong tag team divison in ECW.

- Vince McMahon was originally against the idea of The Zombie, because he figured the majority of fans watching wouldn't understand the joke.

- Nothing is even close to being finalized, but the general thought right now is that the main event of the first ECW PPV should be Kurt Angle against either Rob Van Dam or Sabu.

PWI

Guest Kobe24KGold
ECW notes

- Expect more "Sci Fi" style characters in the fashion of The Zombie in the coming weeks. The plan is for The Sandman to come out each week and squash them.

- Vince McMahon wants the ECW brand to be built around Sabu as the top heel, while Paul Heyman wants to use the established ECW players to put over younger talent. McMahon has been telling people backstage that the WWE should have signed Sabu years ago.

- Expect the WWE vs. ECW storyline to end after Vengeance. The plan was to cross promote on RAW and ECW leading up to the PPV, to hype both the ECW debut and the PPV. Vince wants established WWE stars on ECW at the beginning to get the regular WWE fan tuned in, and the hope is that those fans will remain once it becomes all-ECW.

- Vince McMahon was originally against the idea of The Zombie, because he figured the majority of fans watching wouldn't understand the joke.

- Nothing is even close to being finalized, but the general thought right now is that the main event of the first ECW PPV should be Kurt Angle against either Rob Van Dam or Sabu.

PWI

Looks like Vince is the sane one in all of this. And I'm ecstatic that Vince has become a huge Sabu mark. You think he would've seen some of Sabu's matches years ago, so he wouldn't have to bemoan the fact that he didn't sign him earlier.

ECW notes

PWI

Looks like Vince is the sane one in all of this. And I'm ecstatic that Vince has become a huge Sabu mark. You think he would've seen some of Sabu's matches years ago, so he wouldn't have to bemoan the fact that he didn't sign him earlier.

Nah, I'm sure Vince just sees this as "Oh God! Sabu = A-RAB. And we're not on UPN with this show. Now we can finally do that awesome angle we tried with Mohammed Hassan that got interrupted!"

Guest Felonies!

I just want some real matches with no boundaries on moves at the very least.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
I just want some real matches

Don't think you'll find much of those in pro wrestling.

Guest Felonies!

Jesus, you knew what I meant. Something over ten minutes each week would be nice.

Guest FileCabinet

At least the show got me curious to see how much more heel heat the ECW group will receive on Monday. And that's if the Raw crowd even cares enough about them to react at all.

Vince wants Sabu as the top heel? Who's going to boo Sabu? I don't know how they're going to pull that off. The only way to make that work would be to clean him up, put him in a suit, and cut out all the high-risk stuff.

Vince wants Sabu as the top heel? Who's going to boo Sabu? I don't know how they're going to pull that off. The only way to make that work would be to clean him up, put him in a suit, and cut out all the high-risk stuff.

Yeah I'm confused about that as well. Sabu as heel is going to be hard to get across, espically since EVERYONE cheers Sabu. Its a possibly that the WWE mark fans will boo Sabu but the ECW fanbase will continue to cheer him anyways. Anyone have any ideas on how the WWE could actually try to make Sabu a heel?

vizzampire.jpg

Behold the Pale Rider!

I dunno about anyone else, but I for one am quite excited to see Kevin Fertig being given a second chance by WWE. I think his Mordecai character would've been more suited for a sci-fi channel role, but I'm not too bothered by vampire gimmicks. I hope he can make good on this and get over his stage fright.

I'm not bothered by the vampire gimmick, either. I mean, he could just be some guy who thinks he's a vampire a la Gangrel. Though, the one thing I'm not sold on are the teeth. They're so going to fly out during his first match. At least with Gangrel they were permanent dental work. :P

Guest Coffey
Anyone have any ideas on how the WWE could actually try to make Sabu a heel?

Tell him to talk and not use tables or chairs.

selmapatty_smoking.gif

Guest Coffey
This was posted on another board, but here it is here also:

Sandman returns to ECW

I doubt we'll be seeing anything like that with the SD crowd and with his new music. :lol:

I have that on tape still. It's one of my favorite wrestling moments. I was in complete mark out mode when it went down.

Guest Overworked

You'd think they would give Gangrel a job again since...he kinda fits the role.

Jesus christ we are talking about zombies and vampires on ECW? WTF? ECW use to make fun of the fact they were on TNN, why wouldn't they mock the fact they were on the Sci Fi Network and Not Cater to it? Just be ECW

Sandman returns to ECW

I doubt we'll be seeing anything like that with the SD crowd and with his new music. :lol:

Maybe that is the answer to everything. Just have the crowd sing his theme song. Does anyone have to pay if the crowd is singing the song?

Course a Smackdown crowd didn't even know who he was, just looked at him like, "umm ok"

Sandman returns to ECW

Maybe that is the answer to everything. Just have the crowd sing his theme song. Does anyone have to pay if the crowd is singing the song?

Course a Smackdown crowd didn't even know who he was, just looked at him like, "umm ok"

To be fair, why should they have known who he is? He hasn't exactly been a major name on the US wrestling scene over the past half decade or so.

I like the idea of it having it's own taping and only touring in the Northeast. It doesn't need to tour nationally to BE a national show.

Also, the Metallica thing would be awesome. It's too bad they wanted $10-13 mil a year for it. I wonder what the Motorhead version would cost?

I like the idea of it having it's own taping and only touring in the Northeast. It doesn't need to tour nationally to BE a national show.

Also, the Metallica thing would be awesome. It's too bad they wanted $10-13 mil a year for it. I wonder what the Motorhead version would cost?

Or couldn't they at least record a generic instrumental version of the song, kind of similar to what they've done with Tommy Dreamer's Man In the Box and Taz's War Machine themes. This way, the audience can still sing the words to Enter Sandman even though there are no vocals on the song itself?

Or couldn't they at least record a generic instrumental version of the song, kind of similar to what they've done with Tommy Dreamer's Man In the Box and Taz's War Machine themes. This way, the audience can still sing the words to Enter Sandman even though there are no vocals on the song itself?

I'm surprised they didn't do that to begin with. They even did it for RVD when he first came in and his generic WWE theme kind of sounded like Walk.

I should also note that regardless of how much a flop the ECW TV Show is/was (I was one of the ones who wanted to wait before bashing the concept) that their t-shirts are pretty rad. Today marks the first time that I have owned a wrestling t-shirt (Sandman) with full intent to WEAR it, since the old school green Jake the Snake one that I had when I was a kid.