TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Holy shit, two people decided to start a SD thread. The world must be coming to an end!

I can't help but laugh that the CW champ is quite a bit larger than the world champ.

And, yes, I still want someone to destroy Miz. Mark Henry or Khali, I'm looking at you guys.

And, yes, I still want someone to destroy Miz. Mark Henry or Khali, I'm looking at you guys.

How about something REALLY funny?

FUNAKI destroying Miz?

Ah, you want funny?

Stick him in a match with Rey...and have Rey actually pin him!

Aw man, I'm already really digging JBL as Smackdown heel commentator. His commentary during King Booker's entrance= Gold! This is the first time since Heyman that the WWE's had a genuine heel commentator and I'm lovin' it!

JBL going nuts over Finlay's leprechaun is fucking hilarious. Not to mention listing everything that could be under Vito's dress.

I'm very impressed with JBL.......

He put over King Booker gimmick very good.....and speaking of King Booker...god he rules!!!

Putting JBL on commentary may be the smartest thing WWE has done all year.

The DVD of See No Evil needs to have a lot of behind the scenes footage of Kane really trying to kill the cast members, just to keep the gimmick going.

JBL, not surprisingly gets the line of the night so far.

JBL: (to Cole) It's not like you're not used to being on your knees but get on them now.

Eh, liked his anti-Luger line better.

JBL was good, but a little tiring, he needs to tone it down just a notch.

Lashley/Booker was good, but why have Lashley win? Where does this go from here if a healthy Booker can't beat Lashley on one leg?

I would have had Lashley make the catch and go for the running powerslam but his knee buckles and he falls over, then Booker hits him with the axe kick for the win. Lashley doesn't look weak since he knee was fucked up and the fued can continue.

Another solid Smackdown. Mysterio/Helms and the tag match were all good TV matches, and the main event was solid. As much as I wasn't looking forward to it when I bought the tickets, I'm really looking forward to the Smackdown house show I'm going to tommorow night. Despite the fact, the main event might include Mark Henry.

So the top face on SD, is who? ME jobber Rey? US champ Lashley? The top heel is Booker T. And SD is still a good show. I don't know how they do it.

Rey/Helms was a good match. Scott/Hardy vs. Finlay/Regal was MOTN. And Booker/Lashley was good too, minus the abrupt finish. Then there were 3 squash matches, and a tolerable Mark Henry beatdown. That's good enough for me.

Finlay/Regal need to get the tag belts, Booker needs the World title, and they need more skits together to get them over as a top stable. They could be one of the best ones in recent memory.

JBL had some good one-liners, but he and Cole really need to develop some chemistry. JBL was acting like an in-character 3rd wheel announcer, when there was no second guy. Cole, who is easily distracted and loses focus, tried to antagonize JBL too much and there was a lot of arguing and not a lot of quality match discussion. Plus, JBL treated Cole like a bitch, which further limited what Michael could possibly bring to the table. With Tazz, Cole could make a comment without Tazz shitting all over him, which made the announcing much easier on the ears overall. Being argumentative does not equal good announcing.

I really enjoyed SD tonight, big time. Truth be told, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a WWE TV show more than tonight. There were a number of very solid matches, JBL was great, and there wasn't a lot of "crap" just wasting time.

I loved the finish to the Booker T/Lashley match. The way Lashley caught Booker, kept his balance, and the ran forward and slammed him down HARD, it was just awesome.

"He's got a malignant case of moron." - JBL

:lol:

27 posts? Jesus, did Smackdown love die?

It was pre-empted in my area, so that might have something to do with it.