TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Major TNA Impact spoiler from PWInsider

From PWInsider:

Richard Trionfo called in the following from tonight's Impact taping in Florida:

On this week's edition of Impact, Samoa Joe defends the X-Division Title against Senshi and Sonjay Dutt in a three-way match. During the bout, Scott Steiner attacks Samoa Joe with a steel chair, and Senshi pins Dutt with a double stomp to become the new X-Division Champion.

We will have complete spoilers from the Impact taping later tonight.

I don't have a problem with this at all, and it makes perfect sense in terms of booking. This finally removes Samoa Joe from the X-Division (hopefully for good), and new guys are moved up and maybe we'll get something fresh in terms of that title. On the other side of it, we can continue with the Joe/Steiner feud, which in my opinion has been very solid so far, including the match (even with the out-of-nowhere finish). I was hoping to see the feud evolve, and it looks like we'll get just that.

Xplosion:

*Ron Killings & Sonjay Dutt defeated Bobby Roode & Petey Williams.

Impact June 22

*Jim Cornette was inside the ring as the show opened. He discussed that had meetings with all the talent last night, noting LAX missed the meetings. He said that an example will be made on next week's Impact and someone will be fired to get across that things are going to change in TNA. He then discussed the NWA championship situation from Slammiversary, saying it made him sick and embarrassed and Jeff Jarrett is not the champion. Cornette said there will be a major announcement regarding the NWA title next week. Jeff Jarrett came out and got in Cornette's face.

*NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels defeated The Diamonds in the Rough. Jamie D (still unnamed as a TNA character) came out and beat up Simon Diamond when he tried to interfere. Gail Kim came out after the match to confront Jamie D, but AMW pulled Kim out of the ring.

*Monty Brown pinned Chasyn Rance with the Pounce. Konnan invited Brown to join LAX after the match over the house mic. Brown refused. Konnan then claimed there was racism in TNA, mentioning Ron Killings and Sonjay Dutt. Killings came out and they went back and forth. Konnan and Killings hugged, but LAX jumped Killings from behind as he was embracing Konnan and laid him out.

*Jeremy Borash interviewed Eric Young outside of Jim Cornette's office. Young was paranoid he was getting fired. Jay Lethal and Chris Sabin were in the office and came out and Young told Borash not to "tell anyone about their secret plan." Borash looked at him like he was out of his mind, not knowing what he was talking about.

*In the back, Team 3D and The James Gang were insulting each other back and forth. They brawl into the Impact Zone and Brother Runt hit the ring to help Team 3D. Brother Ray challenged James Gang to a six man tag at Victory Road, and tells them they have a week to find themselves a partner.

*Samoa Joe defended the X-Division Title against Senshi and Sonjay Dutt in a three-way match. During the bout, Scott Steiner attacked Samoa Joe with a steel chair when Joe was outside the ring. Dutt saw what Steiner did and was attacked by Senshi. Senshi pins Dutt with a double stomp to become the new X-Division Champion. During the match, Eric Young was sneaking around the audience with a "Don't Fire Eric Young" sign.

Impact for 6/29

*Christian Cage comes to the ring and demands Sting comes out. He demands to know what the deal was between them at Slammiversary. He accused Sting of only caring about the NWA title and of trying to get the title for himself. Sting said that he met with Jim Cornette to set up a match for Impact "next week" with Cage & Sting vs. Scott Steiner & Jeff Jarrett.

*Petey Williams & EricYoung defeated Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal. Team Canada was at ringside and kept trying to interfere, but Young kept preventing them because he was so paranoid about getting fired. It was funny live. Alex Shelley came out to the ring with Johnny Devine, as they are now partnered together.

*Monty Brown pinned Norman Smiley with the Pounce.

*Team 3D defeated America's Most Wanted in a No DQ match. The James Gang come out and discuss choosing their partner at Victory Road. Abyss attacked 3D from behind. Brother Runt hits the ring and tries to hit the Acid Drop. Abyss counters it and throws Runt through a table that was set up during the 3D vs. AMW match.

*Jim Cornette was in the ring for a "company meeting." A good portion of the roster and staff were standing outside the ring for Cornette's address. Cornette told LAX that if they continue to refuse to wrestle, they will no longer be paid. He told Team Canada that they all have individual contracts. He announced Team Canada is officially disbanded. Cornette said AMW wanted a Tag title rematch, but at Victory Road it be a mixed six person tag with the belts on the line featuring Styles & Daniels & "The big Amazon looking woman" vs. AMW & Gail Kim. Earl Hebner, Jeff Jarrett, and Larry Zbyszko were all instructed to get into the ring. Cornette told Hebner that they have been friends for 20 years and then fires him. He then tells the other referees that if he'll fire a 20 year friend, anyone is vulnerable. Cornette turns to Larry Zbyszko and that it was wrong for him to get involved at the PPV. He said he's not going to fire Zbyszko because then he'll get paid for his contract, so instead, it's Raven vs. Zbyszko at Victory Road in a Hair vs. Hair match.

Cornette turns his attention to Jarrett and Scott Steiner and announced a Four Way Match at Victory Road with Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Samoa Joe to determine the number one contender to the belt. He then says he will give Jarrett the title back, but Jarrett has to wrestle the winner of the Four Way that night for the NWA title. Jarrett got on the mic and said that since he's in a good mood, "Why not?" and agrees. Jarrett then said why not just have "next week's tag match" right now. They all starts brawling. Cage and Steiner brawl up the heel ramp. Steiner runs into Joe, who then chokes him out.

Xplosion

*Jay Lethal defeated Alex Shelley (with Johnny Devine).

VICTORY ROAD PPV LINEUP (Thus far):

*Sting vs. Samoa Joe vs. Scott Steiner vs. Christian Cage

*NWA champion Jeff Jarrett vs. winner of Four-Way

*NWA Tag Team champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels & "The Amazon" vs. America's Most Wanted & Gail Kim - Tag titles on the line

*Team 3D & Brother Runt vs. Abyss & The James Gang

So I guess Jarrett's the champ for the time being. I LOVE that Team Canada is over and maybe now the individuals of TC will be able to break off into their own. I will be waiting to see Eric Young's antics trying to prevent them from cheating in their match.

Alex Shelley with Johnny Devine? Sweet...I wonder what happened with Nash? Probably some backstage stuff as usual so to not spoil everything to the fans.

Joe moving to the heavyweight scene and Senshi the champ...good stuff.

I'm happy about the Team Canada stuff. I've been sick of that group for a long time now.

Watch Samoa Joe win the #1 contendership, then in the match against JJ Steiner gets involved and helps JJ actually pin Joe. Either that or Steiner and Joe will be too interested in fighting, leading to the finish being Christian/Sting, leading to Sting going on to defeat JJ to win the title.

6 time champ baby!

They really need to be careful about how they book Abyss in the title scene. If they wait too long to allow him to have his shot at the top, he'll end up getting Kane'd. I see him as a guy who has a hell of a lot to offer in that spot.

I was really hoping Sean Waltman would be James Gang's third partner, but oh well, guess there would be doubts that he would show up at the ppv.

I think putting the title on Senshi was the absolute right move.

Joe is now a main eventer (heavyweight) and the X title hasn't been defended on the last 2 ppvs.

Senshi is the only guy that creates fresh matchups in the division (vs. Sabin, Dutt, Shelley, AJ, Daniels, Lethal...even maybe Joe...those all RULE) and is a big enough performer to rank amongst the former big 3 (AJ, Daniels, Joe) now that they are in other divisions.

Team Canada being broken up is the best thing to happen to TNA in quite some time.

I think the next ppv is being sold solely on the chance that Joe could win the title. That tells me that he won't. It might not even be the right time. If they truly consider Bound For Glory their WrestleMania...and they've truly put Joe into the Main Event scene for good...

Then he should choke out the current champion to end that show. Period. He also creates fresh matches in the World title division (vs. Christian, Sting, Abyss, Truth, Brown, Rhyno). Part of me wonders if they put the title on JJ just to keep all of those matches fresh for after Joe is champ. If Joe does win at Victory Road...they will have their big "Joe wins the big one" moment without sacrificing any of those big Main Events.

I'd still like to see Sting win the title. He can pin Christian and turn Christian heel...then pin JJ and win the title. defend against Christian and Abyss then get choked out by Joe at BFG.

Or just put it on Joe next month.

The bottom line is...Joe is the NWA champion by Bound For Glory.

I think the next ppv is being sold solely on the chance that Joe could win the title. That tells me that he won't. It might not even be the right time. If they truly consider Bound For Glory their WrestleMania...and they've truly put Joe into the Main Event scene for good...

Joe winning the title at BFG is nice, but too obvious if he's the challenger going in. It would mean a lot more if he's already the champ, then you have the belt and the streak on the line, and it could be huge depending on the challenger.

Joe winning the title and Sting vs Jarrett are big PPV matches and Steiner vs Jarrett won't happen. Christian will probably win with an outside shot of Sting.

Guest Chris Xtreme

If they were gonna give Jerrat the belt anyway, than why give the false finish? On a ppv where people paid money no less. Why the heck is Jerrat Champion again? It doesn't nothing for the company and only serves to keep things in the status quo. I bet there are some people out there who will stop watching TNA just because Jerratt is champion. He is a good heel but he is no draw. It would have made much more sense to have Christian turn heel and drop the belt to Joe at Bound For Glory.

I see Sting pinning cage in the four way, then going on to pin JJ. This turns cage heel and can help lead to an end to the JJ/Sting fued.

Glad Joe's nopt champ anymore, best way i could have thought of it bar stripping it from him. Also furthers the Joe/Stenier fued.

James gang and Abyss? never thought id see that but, fair enough i guess.

And Cornette is taking TNA to a new level, this is great.

I don't see Steiner or Joe winning the match, so that leaves Sting or Christian. JJ vs. Sting should be built up, so I'm thinking that Christian wins with some heelish tactics and goes on to face Jarrett. Consequentially, he'll lose and we've got at least another month of TNJ. After that, they can set up Jarrett vs. Sting for the title. But, I'm betting they'll try Christian vs. Sting first to play up that match and to give JJ more time with the belt.

Just as a side note, I don't think they'll ever fully turn Christian heel. TNA has only ever allowed for one top heel in the main event, and that's Jarrett. Christian as a heel would either be a lackey to JJ the way Monty was (bad), or he'd overshadow Jeff as the top heel (which will never be allowed to happen).

Joe winning the title at BFG is nice, but too obvious if he's the challenger going in. It would mean a lot more if he's already the champ, then you have the belt and the streak on the line, and it could be huge depending on the challenger.

Joe challenging for the NWA Title and winning it is something the people want to see, and, more importantly, will pay to see, whether it's obvious or not.

Joe challenging for the NWA Title and winning it is something the people want to see, and, more importantly, will pay to see, whether it's obvious or not.

The biggest draws are the ones with obvious finishes. Everyone KNEW Austin was beating Michaels or Goldberg over Hogan. People will happily pay $30 bucks to see Joe pin Jarrett or Sting or anyone for that matter.

The key is making it clear, before and after, that Joe really will be the top star of the company. Joe can't win the belt and then feud with Jeff for a year because Jarrett as a top guy, even against Joe, won't draw or mean anything. Joe has to win the belt and, if he beats Jeff for the belt, move Jeff down the card and put other people in the main event scene for a year or so.

Hello, people, my point is that I prefer to see Joe win before the biggest show of the year, and have the huge feud with someone else for the title at BFG.

So you are basically saying you would have wanted Austin to win the WWF title at No Way Out instead of WrestleMania XIV with the largest possible viewing crowd for WWF.

BFG is TNA's WM. Joe winning the title will be their Austin @ WMXIV. They want BFG to be the big event and you draw more people in by virtually making it clear that Joe is taking the title away from Jarrett or Sting. You draw that crowd, put on a bang of a show, grab them for the next PPV where Joe has (presumably) his first major title defense.

Team Canada being disbaned is the best thing I read out of the entire two weeks worth of tapings.

I still don't see why Jarret is Champ again, and the non-finish at the PPV is really unjustified now that Cornette just handed the belt right back to him on the show.