TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

OAO 6/20 ECW Week 2 Thread

damn fine show this time out. Too bad there'll probably be no more The Zombie, though

EDIT: I don't like changing "Wrestlers" to "Rebels", though

Here is one thing I am curious about for Vengeance: I thought I heard Taz suggest tonight that RVD was defending the ECW title on the PPV, not just the WWE title. If that is true then how does Edge simply go over in that situation? I mean, don't they kinda have to do some sort of disputed finish where Edge ends up with the WWE belt and RVD gets the ECW belt?

Even the ultra idiotic stuff from last week is leading in some sort of actual direction. The one dude who stopped Kelly from stripping will probably go somewhere, and I think The Sandman will get to squash the Jobber of the Week for a while until finally one guy actually fights back and that will end up being a feud.

Still, the markout for me personally tonight? Sabu speaks!

Of the 22 ECW 'Rebels' listed on their roster, 12 of them were featured in some way on this week's broadcast. That's pretty good, in my opinion.

Yeah, but that includes managers and announcers

Better than last week. The crowd was horrible but that was expected. Although Test coming to an ECW show is so horrible that they could have had Misawa vs Kobashi and I'd still be dreading the future. Hyping Test matches is the worst thing a promotion can do.

Here is one thing I am curious about for Vengeance: I thought I heard Taz suggest tonight that RVD was defending the ECW title on the PPV, not just the WWE title. If that is true then how does Edge simply go over in that situation? I mean, don't they kinda have to do some sort of disputed finish where Edge ends up with the WWE belt and RVD gets the ECW belt?

Even the ultra idiotic stuff from last week is leading in some sort of actual direction. The one dude who stopped Kelly from stripping will probably go somewhere, and I think The Sandman will get to squash the Jobber of the Week for a while until finally one guy actually fights back and that will end up being a feud.

Still, the markout for me personally tonight? Sabu speaks!

Another screw-job. Thus, RVD says "screw the WWE title. Everyone knows that title doesnt mean anything these days. It's all about the ECW title"...and that becomes their world title and they start to seperate from Raw.

Guest The Great Muta
Better than last week. The crowd was horrible but that was expected. Although Test coming to an ECW show is so horrible that they could have had Misawa vs Kobashi and I'd still be dreading the future. Hyping Test matches is the worst thing a promotion can do.

Test coming to ECW makes me throw up in my mouth. ECW and Test DO NOT mix.

Yeah, ECW never had any big talentless hosses before. Oh wait, yeah they did.

Test couldn't work for shit but give him direction and a purpose and he was great as Stephanie's sweet boyfriend or Stacy's arrogant dick boyfriend.

I'd approve of a Sci-Fi Channel angle if it included Doctor Who's TARDIS landing on top of Randy Orton.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't crush him. It would materialize around him...yeah, I'm a Doctor Who mark.

So long as the death is instantaneous...

From PWInsider:

Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle continued to celebrate after ECW on Sci Fi went off the air.

Randy Orton was tended to by a doctor at ringside and then walked to the back. I was told that live, it appeared he may have hurt his shoulder, but it's also possible he may have been selling. As soon as we have a clarification, we'll update.

They did a post-taping dark match with Undertaker defeating The Great Khali & Mark Henry.

Test and pro wrestling do not mix.

Test and pro wrestling do not mix.

Good thing ECW isn't pro wrestling.

From PWInsider:

Randy Orton was injured during the main event of ECW on Sci Fi, although the severity is not yet confirmed.

Orton injured his right arm while working on Kurt Angle's knee. Orton put his leg between his own and drove down to the mat, immediately grabbing his right wrist. When Orton stood up, his arm was lame. Orton spoke to Edge, who he then tagged in with his left arm. When Orton stood at the ring cormer and on the floor, his arm was badly hanging. Orton tagged in again with his left hand and was obviously favoring the right arm. He tagged out again. Van Dam hit the pescado on Orton, then hit him in the back with a chair. They then went to the finish of the match, with RVD pinning Edge.

When the cameras weren't on Orton, it was apparent in the building that Lita was trying to help him. After ECW went off the air, Orton was walked to the back by WWE's medical staff. Orton was then immediately taken via ambulance to a local hospital for examination.

PWInsider.com hopes to have further information as it develops. Orton is scheduled to wrestle Kurt Angle this Sunday at the Vengeance PPV.

And if anyone cares:

For those wondering, "Macho Libre" on ECW was former ECW Baldie Tony DeVito.

Randy Orton was injured during the main event of ECW on Sci Fi

There IS a God

You know what's ironic about that Orton injury? Tonight I noticed him selling the arm (which wasn't selling in reality) and making some nice quick tags with Edge in and out, not doing his tedious headlocks....I thought it was one of his better efforts in a while.

You know what's ironic about that Orton injury? Tonight I noticed him selling the arm (which wasn't selling in reality) and making some nice quick tags with Edge in and out, not doing his tedious headlocks....I thought it was one of his better efforts in a while.

I guess you could say he should hurt himself more often.

If hes hurt really bad, that will put an end to RAW guys on ECW since we can't have any more of them getting hurt and ruining RAW for the sake of ECW now can we?

I missed it. I was too busy watching my Justice League DVD.

I'm not going through nine pages, but please tell me that the show was better than last week's show.

I missed it. I was too busy watching my Justice League DVD.

I'm not going through nine pages, but please tell me that the show was better than last week's show.

It was a big improvement with Heyman's finger prints more noticeable. It still has a long way to go though.

Opened with a fun stunty squash from Sabu over Mamaluke, a couple storyline developments for the PPV. Macho Libre (a Macho Man parody) was hilariously done and Sandman murdered him afterwards. Kelly did a more appealing striptease only for a un-named newcomer (Mike Knox of DSW) to stop the full exposure...which prompted this reaction from a fan "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? LET HER FINISH!"

The main event was soundly entertaining and probably one of the better Orton matches. Lita got a new hair-do.

The arena was darkened as they tried to make it more intimate but the crowd was still dead until the end.

LET HER FINISH

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

LET HER FINISH

JESUS CHRIST

HA! Thank god I wasn't the only one that notice that crazy fan yelling.

Guest hasbeen
Randy Orton was injured during the main event of ECW on Sci Fi

There IS a God

You're a punk.

I just hate WWE's insisting that ECW use stupid buzzwords to define who those people are. Instead of "Superstars" and "Divas", we get "Rebels" and "Vixens".

Seriously, shut the fuck up.

They are wrestlers and ladies.

From Todd Martin over at WO.

They ran an introductory package for Test. He is the antithesis of ECW. ECW was about giving opportunities to guys who were overlooked despite their talent because of narrow-minded decision-makers in WWF and WCW. Test on the other hand, is a guy who had every opportunity to make it because of the same narrow-minded foolishness, and yet failed every time because he has no charisma and he’s a mediocre worker. Like Show, he’s a guy that shouldn’t be anywhere near the “ECW” product. ECW should be the location for guys that haven’t been given the proper opportunities on Raw and Smackdown. If you have gotten 8,000 opportunities because you’re tall and friends with the right people, and you still failed, you ought not apply.

Have to agree 100% with that. Tonight was much better than the first show, but it's hard to be too hopeful when Test is on the way.

When Orton stood up, his arm was lame.
I just can't resist

"So now his arm matches his personality and wrestling style" :D