TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest J0bber

Post Your Unpopular Political Opinions

Ford did the right thing. The nation needed to move on a heal itself. However, as soon as Ford said that Nixon was pardoned for his crimes he lost his chance of ever being re-elected.

Any significant objections to reducing the number of cabinet secretaries to 8?

The cabinet spots i'd keep: Secretary of State, Secretary of Treasury, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of Domestic Affairs, Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of Energy, Secretary of Homeland Security

Domestic Affairs includes Interior, Agriculture, Labor, HHS, HUD, Transportation, and Education. Those departments get to keep their secretaries, but they're under the Department of Domestic Affairs

Veterans Affairs moves under the DOD.

At the very least, this action would make it easier for people to remember the line of succession.

To be honest if they are having trouble remembering the line of succession all they need to do is open a high school text book.

Also, I think that if you put all those depts. under Domestic Affairs it will become a major clusterfuck. Remember how well FEMA worked under Homeland Security? It would get worse under that system. Not a bad idea, but I don't think that it is feasible.

Homeland Security should be a sub-division of the DOD. Seriously...departments of Defense AND Security? A little redundant I feel. Perhaps we should also have separate Departments of Agriculture and Food Supplies or Departments of Justice and Law Enforcement.

And remember back when the Republicans wanted to abolish the Dept. of Education? Or, as I like to call it, "the good old days."

I think it's funny that Muslims in the Middle East are protesting the pope _quoting_ someone, by burning Christian churches.

When are we finally going to realize these people are barbarian, and treat them accordingly? It's useless trying to be diplomatic with the animals.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Can I call everyone who's against abortion animals because a a group of them bomb dr.'s offices?

Putting all of the things that are genuinely important into one department is the worst idea ever.

Because having 15 different cabinet secretaries who all answer directly to the president sure has streamlined things...

To lump all of those social service-related departments together while leaving Defense and State and the like intact is to say that those things are just as important as all of those social issues combined.

The problem with the Cabinet hasn't been its size so much as its personnel. If there could be less patronage, that might help.

But, as the 1960s showed, even the 'best and the brightest' can pan out terribly.

Guest Felonies!
Well, yes, if you murder someone you're lowering yourself to the level of an animal, so yes.

I don't think animals grasp the concept of murder.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Come to think of it, most of you, but that's beside the point.

Originally I meant I3K with his barbarian comments.

He's making the mistake of thinking that the terrorist networks are hooting foamy-mouthed loons with pipe bombs and AK's. Maybe in principle, but they're anything but stupid.

I didn't say they're stupid. Some of them are very intelligent. Osama bin Laden is probably a genius. However, buy our standards, they are just uncivilized. They have no concept of our type of civilization, a republic or a democracy.

I'm sick of trying to deal with them, or pretending that they're all peace loving. There's something like, 1 billion Muslims in this world. Even if only 1 percent of them are fanatical jihadists, that's still 10 million people. Are we ever going to stop them all? No, of course not. So, why not cut ourselves off from those nations where they come from and that sponsor them, secure our borders, and move on with our Western way of life? Eventually their movement will burn out, their governments will collapse, and they'll have to start again, hopefully in the 21st century and not the 14th century.

Oh, and you resorted to name calling first in this debate, not me.

Between 40 to 60% of Muslims say they support UBL.

I don't know. You can say that it's only a small percentage who are crazy and doing bad things, but I don't know. I think those who aren't being evil bastards don't seem to really mind the people of their faith who are doing that stuff.

Between 40 to 60% of Muslims say they support UBL.

??????

To lump all of those social service-related departments together while leaving Defense and State and the like intact is to say that those things are just as important as all of those social issues combined.

While I'm the one who wanted to merge Homeland Security with the DOD, I'd actually argue national defense is a lot bigger priority than farm subsidies, AFDC, and social security.

So, why not cut ourselves off from those nations where they come from and that sponsor them, secure our borders, and move on with our Western way of life? Eventually their movement will burn out, their governments will collapse, and they'll have to start again, hopefully in the 21st century and not the 14th century.

So after the Western World cuts ourselves off from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan and Syria, what do we fill our cars with? How does Israel, America's strongest ally go when they're surrounded by even more radical Islamics? After we stop providing assistance to the Phillipines and Indonesia and Abu Sayyaf and Jemaah Islamiyah send those countries into anarchy, what do we do then? Sit back and watch cable, while millions of people live in poverty and desperation, while the world economy collapses and radical Imams control 2/3rds of the global energy supply?

If you're interested in defending your country's national and economic security, isolation works about as well as a pistol to the head.