TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Ultimate Fighter Season 4 the thread...

Elaboration on the Sell and Serra connections, plz. Or are you just saying it would make sense that GSP would pick the better fighters?

I'm banking on Sell vs Cote and Lytle vs Serra as the respective finals so all of Georges dudes sweeping the other team en route to the finale would be awesome, if only to make Tito jealous.

GSP has trained a good deal with Renzo in the past, who also taught Serra, who in turn taught Sell, so I imagine they've run into each other at some point.

My black horse pick for the WW final is Jackson, based on being arguably the best striker in the weight class and... well, Lytle being the only other true WW (IE- not including Serra & Thomas) there worth a crap.

Also, GSP sweeping with those comparative line-ups still wouldn't trump Tito, who managed to make some hilariously bad picks and still dominated the series against Shamrock. Even with bad training, there's no way I would've picked Kendall over Kalib, or Noah & Haynes over Jesse.

Assuming those are teams in LotC's sig, whoever picked the blue boys should be shot.

So I guess they do have teams, but are Couture and GSP rival coaches? As far as I've heard, there's only those two plus a kickboxing/Muay Thai coach. Maybe it was a schoolyard pick'em?

Guest DRH 502

I was under the impression they weren't coaches this season just advisers or something of the nature.

Who know's how it's going to work, good thing it's only a few days unitl he find out.

I want Shonie Carter to win. I find him very charasmatic, and I'll think he will gain fans after this year. I'm going with the Canadian for the middleweight divison, my boy Patrick Cote.

Patrick Cote should win the MW division I think. Either him or Pete Sell would be my guesses. Scott Smith is also a dark horse pick.

I don't see Shonie Carter winning, the guy's best days are behind him. Matt Serra would win a rematch (arguably had the first one in the bag).

Guest DRH 502

I'd probably have to pick Cote too. For some reason i'm not all that excited about this, and I know I should be because we are more than likely gonna get some great fights every week...

Patrick Cote should win the MW division I think. Either him or Pete Sell would be my guesses. Scott Smith is also a dark horse pick.

I don't see Shonie Carter winning, the guy's best days are behind him. Matt Serra would win a rematch (arguably had the first one in the bag).

I don't think Shonie Carter will win either, but I'm cheering for him. He's always been one of my personal favorites, and I like the whole Pimp gimmick.

Also Carters Spinning Backhand >>>>> Your life.

Guest DRH 502

Plus Shonie Carter beat up that bodybuilder (I think?) one time. Or did the dude no show? I remember a thread on Sherdog and it was pretty amusing at the time.

Source?

Regardless, were they to fight anytime after 2001 Matt Hughes would double leg him through the mat.

It was mentioned on the Spike TV page. They went 1 for 1 in College. I wouldn't find it hard to believe because they are both from Illinois.

The bodybuilder no showed iirc.

Oh and it's back *fist* ;)

Actually, if he was really into the pimp gimmick, he should make it a spinning bitchslap...

Man Carter looked so gassed at the end there, he was about to fall over. But the guy he fought didn't appear to have any skills at all, either on the ground or standing.

Serra is a natural at the leadership role since he's so used to it.

Expected to see Clementi lose, the guy should have lost to Fabio Holanda when they fought, if they had a ref that had any idea of what submissions are he probably wouldn't be on this show.

Good show but I'm not coming out of it with the "Fuck this is awesome" feeling I got after the debut of TUFIII.

Shonie is hilarious and could care less about fighting. People talk shit on Rampage for being all about the cash but at least Shonie is honest about it.

No GSP or Randy. Fuck that.