TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

..like every other team in Sports? Sorta how the Mets brought no one to the stadium the past few years, and all of a sudden Pedro is here and everyone is fan? Like that.

1 out of 5 isn't most.

Mets fans don't go to Shea to BOO Pedro. See the difference?

Los Mets def. the Asstros 4-3. Choke on that viva! It'll be nice to see Houston and Atlanta out of the postseason mix this year.

No but they go when they win, and they don't show up when they lose. It's not just a "Yankee" thing.

And Met fans were booing the shit out of Beltran nearly all of last year and the first part of this year. It's not like they don't boo anybody either.

Mets fans don't go to Shea to BOO Pedro. See the difference?

Los Mets def. the Asstros 4-3. Choke on that viva! It'll be nice to see Houston and Atlanta out of the postseason mix this year.

Again, I'm not choking on anything. Good for the Mets. Tomorrow, if the Mets win, could you tell me to kiss your grits? That would be hilarious.

No but they go when they win, and they don't show up when they lose. It's not just a "Yankee" thing.

And Met fans were booing the shit out of Beltran nearly all of last year and the first part of this year. It's not like they don't boo anybody either.

But when he started playing well they stopped booing him. It's not our fault that you guys are spoiled and think you need to go 162-0 and win the WS every year.

I thought Texans frowned on men kissing other men's grits?

I get that you're trying to make some vague, weird, nebulous "Texans=homosexuals" joke here, but damned if I can figure it out. I can't remember ever having type of message board contact with you, but now that our hometown sports teams are opposing each other you start trying to create some weird beef by insinuating that I'm weeping and then telling me to "choke" on something. You're a strange, strange fellow.

Well what you prefer, a bad 3rd baseman and a good shortstop, or a good 3rd baseman, and a decent shortstop? It's not that big of a deal.

Or they could have done the rational thing and moved Jeter to center, A-Rod to short, traded for a 3B and kept the $40 million they spent on Damon for pitching help. But I guess that would have hurt the captain's feelings, and we can't have that now, can we?

I get that you're trying to make some vague, weird, nebulous "Texans=homosexuals" joke here, but damned if I can figure it out. I can't remember ever having type of message board contact with you, but now that our hometown sports teams are opposing each other you start trying to create some weird beef by insinuating that I'm weeping and then telling me to "choke" on something. You're a strange, strange fellow.

I don't have beef with you. I just enjoy seeing them struggle despite re-signing "The Messiah". You'd think that a horrendous offensive team would have tried to get a bat instead of a 40+ year old pitcher who can only give them at most 17 starts down the stretch. I'm an ardent anti-Clemens guy since he tried to kill Piazza twice.

The joke was that Texans hate the gays, not that they are gay.

Jeters never played center in his life, so no, it's not that simple. He's not fucking Robin Yount here.

But I thought he was the greatest teammate in the history of team sports?

CF is EASIER to play than SS, and he sucks at short so instead of upgrading 2 positions and saving money he went and forced the Yankees to spend multimillions on Damon, all while having the worst defensive left side of the infield of all contending teams, and a CF'er who can't run balls down or throw more than 75 feet in the air.

CF may be easier to play than short, but it doesn't mean you can convert every shortstop to a center fielder just like that.

True, but this is DEREK JETER, not an ordinary mortal my friend. Derek. Jeter.

Jeter may not have been able to handle CF, but they never even tried itdespite so many suggesting it, and that fact that Jeter had the sort of skill set that could have translated. This happens all the time in baseball. Good athletes are often SS as they come up in the system, but they move down the defensive spectrum once they show the inability to play it at a high level. The Yanks never did this with Jeter.

Jeter also could have tried 2nd or 3rd. It just seems weird that you would make the best SS in baseball change positions because you don't want to hurt your captain's feelings. That infield defense murders their pitching staff.

It's not that horrible. Jeter is an okay shortstop, not a bad one. And A-Rod was a good 3rd baseman before going into a mental funk.

And since when can't Damon rundown balls? If anything, thats what he does.

Shit, if not for the balk, Damon was out at home on the double steal.

The reason for the balk was because of the double steal.

I don't have beef with you. I just enjoy seeing them struggle despite re-signing "The Messiah". You'd think that a horrendous offensive team would have tried to get a bat instead of a 40+ year old pitcher who can only give them at most 17 starts down the stretch. I'm an ardent anti-Clemens guy since he tried to kill Piazza twice.

The joke was that Texans hate the gays, not that they are gay.

Ah, gotcha. The team resigned Clemens presuming that our offense would be better this year than last year. He's held up to his end of the bargain, so all in all, it was a good signing. It's not like Drayton McClane was holding back money to either resign Clemens or sign a bat. Clemens was gonna get resigned despite any other moves. Getting Roger Clemens does not restrict getting any other player, at least that's my understanding based on what I've heard.

And Clemens trying to kill Piazza was great.

Guest Felonies!

Blue Jays better hang on. I told you earlier, they sweep the Yankees and they're right back in it.

The Yankees always win games like this. Just when you think they are reeling, they're bailed out by bad pitching or a big break and eek out a win. The Blue Jays should be kicking themselves if they lose this game (down 5-4 in the 9th)

Edit: Yankees hold on. That's a horrific loss for the Jays

Hawk is so fucking annoying. Crede hits a flyball near the first base dugout, and he says, "Get out of here." Damn homer.

Minor Phillies news: Sal Fasano is designated for assignment and David Dellucci is frustrated with this playing time.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASAp...sp&c_id=phi

I bet Sal's Pals are going to be pissed.

Fasano says he won't go to our AAA team in Scranton. I would've liked to see him there, but with Carlos Ruiz and Dusty Wathan, he still would have battled for playing time. Having watched Chris Coste the last couple years, I am absolutely thrilled that he locked down the backup playing job.