TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

On Saturday for the first time in 28 years a full slate of MLB games went without one save being record and the sun still rose in the morning. Now can we get rid of this meaningless statistic?

Series starting Monday

Rockies/Pirates

A's/Orioles

Nationals/Marlins

Mariners/Yankees

Braves/Cardinals

Royals/Red Sox

Dodgers/Diamondbacks

Rangers/Blue Jays

Phillies/Padres

Devil Rays/Twins

Brewers/Giants

Indians/Angels

Series starting Tuesday

Mets/Reds

Astros/Cubs

White Sox/Tigers

Series starting Thursday

Pirates/Marlins

Rangers/Red Sox (one game)

Yankees/Blue Jays

Padres/Giants

Angels/Royals

Series starting Friday

Braves/Phillies

Twins/Indians

Cubs/Nationals

A's/Tigers

Brewers/Reds

Astros/Mets

Orioles/Devil Rays

Rockies/Diamondbacks

Rangers/White Sox

Red Sox/Mariners

Cardinals/Dodgers

Goin' to the Mets/Reds games on both Wedensday and Thursday. Martinez was scheduled to start Wedensday's game, but that's not happening, which I'm pretty annoyed about. At least I'll get to see Glavine on Thursday.

It'll be my first time seeing the Mets in person this year, and it'll be in a gorgeous ballpark no less. Really looking forward to it.

The Braves/Cardinals will be on ESPN tommorrow where Chipper Jones has a chance to break the record for most consecutive games with an extra base hit set by Paul Waner in 1927.

Goin' to the Mets/Reds games on both Wedensday and Thursday. Martinez was scheduled to start Wedensday's game, but that's not happening, which I'm pretty annoyed about. At least I'll get to see Glavine on Thursday.

It'll be my first time seeing the Mets in person this year, and it'll be in a gorgeous ballpark no less. Really looking forward to it.

I'll be at the thursday game, most likely. (sitting in the Diamond section)

Royals coming to the Fens. I think they should be swept in no short order. After that abysmal series against the A's, the Red Sox need to start playing like a first place team.

I'm not going to any of the 'Stros/Mets games this weekend, but I'm hoping that the 'Stros can pull something great outta their collective ass. Brandon Backe's scheduled to make his return start on the 22nd, and I think we've got Buchholz starting the opener and probably Roy for the other game. Hopefully we can sweep the Cubbies and get outta this 3 games under .500 thing we've been in to for the last little while.

Looks like a tough week for my Reds. The Mets are always a tough series and the Brewers have been giving us problems all year. We've got to keep those bats swinging to be effective and keep Griffey healthy at all costs if we want to be anywhere near the Wild Card by the end of August.

Guest NYankees
Is Chipper Jones a HOF caliber player? I'm inclined to say yes.

If he were to retire tommorow, I dont think he would get into the hall of fame. If Chipper keeps on playing and putting up productive seasons then he will get in.

Allow me to extend a big hearty "fuck you" to ESPN.com for this story.

Apparently, teams not within a game of the AL East lead in July need not apply when it comes to consideration for winning the division.

Teams not named New York or Boston don't exist in the AL EAST ever according to ESPN.com.

Guest NYankees

Apparently, teams not within a game of the AL East lead in July need not apply when it comes to consideration for winning the division.

Lets be honest. The last time the Blue Jays mattered was 1993. The Blue Jays haven't finished above 3rd place since and you are giving ESPN a fuck you because everybody knows that the Jays are only the third best team in the Division. Why dont you wait until the Jays show/prove something before you starting cursing off websites and people for not showing your team any love.

Lets be honest. The last time the Blue Jays mattered was 1993. The Blue Jays haven't finished above 3rd place since and you are giving ESPN a fuck you because everybody knows that the Jays are only the third best team in the Division. Why dont you wait until the Jays show/prove something before you starting cursing off websites and people for not showing your team any love.

Give me a break. If the Yankees were being written off when they're 3 1/2 games out in July, you'd go ballistic.

Guest NYankees

No I wouldn't and they were written off last week before the All Star Game. It is only July, I really dont care. It's far too early to predict who is making the playoffs.

ok.

the jays are closer to catching the bosox than the white sox are to catching the tigers. yet, the white sox have been considered the best team all year. the jays deserve more credit than they get from many americans. they're a pitcher or two away from being real scary in the east. and i think most people with any knowledge, know this.

Guest Felonies!

Do you think Ricciardi picks up a pitcher at the deadline? I don't know if anyone's available. I guess maybe Jason Schmidt, but the Giants are probably gonna try and stay in it this year.

He has to try and get someone. The rotation's only three deep. There's no one to go to for a win after Halladay, Burnett and Lilly. Even Lilly's a shaky third starter.

Now that Sidney Ponson's off the market, I don't know where they'll look. :lol:

Seriously, I think Maddux might be the only other starter besides Schmidt that might be moved, but I don't think he'll end up in Toronto.

He said during the game on Saturday he asked some team about a 'fringe pitcher' and they asked for Rios back.

I think that article is a few days old, though. But even then, they were a whopping 4.5 games back.

the bluejays WILL get someone. but i doubt it'll be anyone who'll help. but riccardi will look like a dunce if he forked over a load of money to improve the team in the offseason to only neglect the last piece or two at the deadline. for public relations, he'll do it.

edit: everyone needs pitching. to get a really good pitcher, teams like the yanks & jays will accept being hijacked for one.

I think that article is a few days old, though. But even then, they were a whopping 4.5 games back.

Probably. I just found it funny that ESPN.com put it front and centre this morning with their "Yankees sweep!!" coverage.

ok.

the jays are closer to catching the bosox than the white sox are to catching the tigers. yet, the white sox have been considered the best team all year. the jays deserve more credit than they get from many americans. they're a pitcher or two away from being real scary in the east. and i think most people with any knowledge, know this.

That's probably more a case of the Sox only needing to hop over one team to win the Central, where as the Jays would have to leap-frog both the Evil Empire and Sox Nation.

Guest Felonies!

I think Toronto is a longshot for the East and the Wild Card, but I'm pulling for them to take one of them. Oakland/Detroit/Boston/Toronto would be ideal.

but, there's really only a game seperating all of those teams. they'll be playing each so much down the stretch that it being a three team race shouldn't make too much of a difference. the bosox looked less than human against a disappointing a's team this past weekend. if the jays get hot, they could easily slip past the both of them. or, at least one. but the wild card is pretty much sewn up in the central.

but the wild card is pretty much sewn up in the central.

I'm not so sure about that now. The White Sox starting pitching has really gone south lately. If they don't turn it around, the teams in the East could really battle them down the stretch.

but the wild card is pretty much sewn up in the central.

I'm not so sure about that now. The White Sox starting pitching has really gone south lately. If they don't turn it around, the teams in the East could really battle them down the stretch.

i suppose the whitesox/tigers series will be a good indication. i just hope the tigers dont get swept again. they've got the sox on the ropes with a 4.5 lead. well, should been 5.5, but thats ok. but if they sweep the sox, they can have a commanding lead moving into august.

Guest Felonies!
i suppose the whitesox/tigers series will be a good indication. i just hope the tigers dont get swept again. they've got the sox on the ropes with a 4.5 lead. well, should been 5.5, but thats ok. but if they sweep the sox, they can have a commanding lead moving into august.

Yeah, a sweep right now just might be the knockout punch they need. The Yankees-Blue Jays series coming up is a big one as well.

Over this trade deadline and next offseason, the Dodgers are going to become Yankees West. Just watch.