TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

Guest Felonies!

I'm one of Fridge's biggest supporters, but I'm glad he's on hiatus during Red Sox trade deadline discussion.

The only sport where I don't really see this happening in NYC is hockey. Rangers fans are always Rangers fans and Islanders fans are always Islanders fans and winning 4 straight Stanley Cups didn't do anything to change the perception that the franchise from LI is "inferior".

Nobody actually likes the Devils except Barron, right?

Pretty much. Same thing with the Nets. Even with the Devils winning multiple Stanley Cups and the Nets making it to back to back NBA Finals they still have about 7 fans each. I think that could change though if the Nets do end up moving to Brooklyn and the Knicks still suck as much as they do right now.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that Yankees fans just seem to magically disappear when they are having a bad day or bad series? This was a nationally televised game and there wasn't one comment the whole time.

The Yankees dominated half the game. We're sorry we didn't decide to to leave our two cents on this page, and then hear you guys complain about too many Yankee comments.

And being a Met fan makes you a better fan? I don't quite understand. The Mets were the most popular team in the 80's, so it's not like you're rooting for the Colorado Rockies here.

Big surprise, Yankee fans are being pissy. It is such a change from their normal attitude. the Yanks could win a game 12-1 and they would still complain about giving up one run. Hell, A-Rod could go 4-5 in a 12-1 game with 5 RBI's and the fans would still boo him.

Guest Princess Leena

Let's not group all Yankees fans together.

I'm glad when they lose.

Jaret Wright sucks.

At least he's consistent. Dude flat out stole $21 million from Steingrabber's pockets.

A-Rod's having a great first inning also, with his knees buckling on a 3rd strike call with a RISP and 2 out, and then having a ball go right by him from Toronto's leadoff man.

The Mets end up with another Grand Slam this week as Jose Valentin gives them a 4-0 lead. It's about time we started getting some hits with the bases loaded.

A-Rod just lost a ball in the "twilight". LMAO.

And follows it up with an error on a routine grounder. LMAO x2

I hate West Coast road trips. Though I'm going to try to make it to a game at Safeco Field at least once in my life.

As for that Mike Lowell rumor, I'm torn. Peavy's young and the rotation could use all the youth it can get, but on the other hand I'm a member of the Mike Lowell Fan Club and he looks exactly like my brother-in-law so......

The Asstros just got 4 hit shutout by John Maine. Perhaps a bat would have been a better pick up than a guy who can only help every 5th day at best.

Guest Princess Leena
What the hell is up with A-Rod? He's got an error and two other misplays in this game so far.

It's the early innings.

He's saving his effort for more important at-bats. That "extra gear" that all clutch champions have.

Cliff Floyd just stole a HR from Chris Burke, and vivalaultra continues to weep.

Nah, I wasn't weeping. The 'Stros are in a funk right now, but I fully expect them to do some type of deal before the deadline...and if not, at least we'll have a good draft pick next year.

And I mean, good for the Mets. It's about time they had a competitive team. Is Mo Vaughn still on the payroll?

It wasn't hit in the 7th inning or later, so it doesn't count.

What's up with Mark Buehrle lately? He gave up a 5-run inning to the Rangers tonight and has an ERA above 10 his last three starts.

I wonder how marvin feels about that Russ Ortiz acquisition tonight. Not that he was ever great, but it's looking a lot like doughboy used to be on the gas.

You guys are worse than the media; ignoring A-Rod's 3 run bomb.

Jaret Wright was pitching well before this start.

He's had three good starts in his past 8. And he hasn't pitched into the seventh once this year.

Nice try:

7/16 vs CHW: 5.1 IP, 8H, 3ER, 2BB, 1K

7/7 @TB: 6.0 IP, 4H, 0ER, 0BB, 10K

7/2 vs NYM: 1.2 IP, 7H, 4ER, 1BB, 1K

That's one excellent start, one mediocre one, and one poor one. And in the excellent start, they STILL wouldn't let him go past six innings.

Hey, assuming the Red Sox keep beating Seattle, the Jays will be closer to the wild card than 1st in the East for the first time in a long time.