TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

Guest StylesMark

Yankees are up 4-2 against Seattle. Giambi crushed one to the upper deck. Wang is starting to slow down, but gets through the 6th.

Watching the local news right now, the guy said that the Nationals are sending a scout to watch Dodger prospect Joel Guzman to gauge what they want for Soriano, and that Shawn Green could be waiving his NTC to go to the Yanks.

On my fantasy baseball thing it says that I got points for David Ortiz stealing a base...Under what circumstances did this occur?

It would have seemed nuts coming into the season but I think the A's will need to entertain the idea of trading for a shortstop for the stretch run. Bobby "Harold Reynolds pick me for MVP" Crosby is just completely lost at the plate. He was hitting .232/.293/.343 coming into tonight and in the 8th innning with a runner in scoring position he had 3-1 count and made an absolutely embarrassing swing at a pitch in the dirt in which he nealy landed on his ass flailing at the pitch. The next pitch he took for strike three. He's 3 for his last 34 and hasn't homered since May 31st.

Guest NYankees
Watching the local news right now, the guy said that the Nationals are sending a scout to watch Dodger prospect Joel Guzman to gauge what they want for Soriano, and that Shawn Green could be waiving his NTC to go to the Yanks.

It's not 1998 or 1999, Shawn Green can stay wherever the fuck he is.

It would have seemed nuts coming into the season but I think the A's will need to entertain the idea of trading for a shortstop for the stretch run. Bobby "Harold Reynolds pick me for MVP" Crosby is just completely lost at the plate. He was hitting .232/.293/.343 coming into tonight and in the 8th innning with a runner in scoring position he had 3-1 count and made an absolutely embarrassing swing at a pitch in the dirt in which he nealy landed on his ass flailing at the pitch. The next pitch he took for strike three. He's 3 for his last 34 and hasn't homered since May 31st.

Reds, got about 9 shortstops. You got any good pitchers to deal?

Guest Princess Leena

It's not 1998 or 1999, Shawn Green can stay wherever the fuck he is.

No.

Take our overpaid stuff. That's why the Yankees exist.

On my fantasy baseball thing it says that I got points for David Ortiz stealing a base...Under what circumstances did this occur?

It was pretty funny, actually.

He ran on a 3-2 count to Nixon, who struck out. Ortiz thought he fouled it off and almost stopped between first and second. He started running again and barely made it to the base when Buck's throw was about five feet over Graffanino's head. Thus, Ortiz was able to slide under the tag. He stood up with his big smile and the Red Sox dugout was laughing at him, giving him the "two-arms down = slide" hand gestures and whatnot. The Sox announcers had a lot of fun with it as well. Remy said that Ortiz could probably steal 40 a year if he didn't stop between the bases.

Stewart, Lohse, and Garza for "Webster" Cabrera.

Somehow I don't think the Yanks want a poor outfielder that probably is out for the season.

Liriano v. Kazmir would the first time since 1969, that two 22 year old left-handed pitchers with 10 or more wins faced each other since 1969.

Who where those two pitchers in 1969? I'm not finding anything on Baseballreference.com.

Hypothetical question. Who would be the likely suitors for Alex Rodriguez, if the Yankees decided to move him in the off-season?

The only team that can take that contract is Boston, LA (Both) and NYM. Also, I seriously doubt that they'll even come close to shipping him because one bad season and hostile crowd shouldn't erase the fact that A-Rod is a fantastic player.

Liriano v. Kazmir would the first time since 1969, that two 22 year old left-handed pitchers with 10 or more wins faced each other since 1969.

This statistic brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

Who where those two pitchers in 1969? I'm not finding anything on Baseballreference.com.

I found a game where 22 year old George Stone faced 22 year old Bob Moose. Three problems though. Moose was a righty, Moose had nine wins and won his 10th that game, and Stone pitched in relief. Stone is the only 22 year old lefty in 1969 who won 10 games.

Hypothetical question. Who would be the likely suitors for Alex Rodriguez, if the Yankees decided to move him in the off-season?

It won't happen, but why not the Phillies? They have Bobby Abreu who's close in salary (remember the Yankees aren't paying A-Rod's entire contract), and a big hole at third base.

It was pretty funny, actually.

He ran on a 3-2 count to Nixon, who struck out. Ortiz thought he fouled it off and almost stopped between first and second. He started running again and barely made it to the base when Buck's throw was about five feet over Graffanino's head. Thus, Ortiz was able to slide under the tag. He stood up with his big smile and the Red Sox dugout was laughing at him, giving him the "two-arms down = slide" hand gestures and whatnot. The Sox announcers had a lot of fun with it as well. Remy said that Ortiz could probably steal 40 a year if he didn't stop between the bases.

You sure Ortiz wasn't out of breath half way.

Guest StylesMark

Yankees won't (read:shouldn't) get rid of A-Rod after this season. They'd be nuts!

Ponson isn't pitching nearly as bad as I expected.

Surprised this didn't get mentioned before. The Northern League All-Star game featured Buck O'Neil batting first for both sides (he was traded mid-inning), and taking two walks. At 94, he's the oldest player ever to play in a professional game.

Beltran's Grand Slam makes it 7-2 in the top of the 7th, and helps continue the trend of Pelfrey having decent starts with tremendous run support.

Guest Felonies!

Hey Tigers, way to shit the bed. So much for the 7.5 back knockout punch.

Sorry if this brought up already, but big rumor here in Wisconsin right now is that the Brewers are interested in acquiring Bobby Abreu from Philly. I seriously doubt it will happen, but makes for some interesting sports talk.

Sorry if this brought up already, but big rumor here in Wisconsin right now is that the Brewers are interested in acquiring Bobby Abreu from Philly. I seriously doubt it will happen, but makes for some interesting sports talk.

Doug Melvin reportedly laughed at that when he was told. He said the rumor was started by someone within an organization interested in Abreu.

Braves are up 10-0 in the 5th, making it the fifth straight game they've had 10 or more runs.

And the Jays' pen totally crapped away this game.