TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

And the Jays' pen totally crapped away this game.

No clue why they didn't bring in Ryan there. In fact, not even sure why they took Speier out. Those 2 have been the only consistent relievers they've had all year.

Yankees with a big break as Jorge Posada was out at 1st but called safe on a ground ball to the right side . Huge as it would been the second out with a runner on third. Instead 1st and 3rd one out

And of course Johnny Damon ties it with a sac fly

Yankees with a big break as Jorge Posada was out at 1st but called safe on a ground ball to the right side . Huge as it would been the second out with a runner on third. Instead 1st and 3rd one out

And of course Johnny Damon ties it with a sac fly

I'm sure one of our Yankee fans will forget this the next time someone strikes out on a borderline pitch and starts trying the whole 13 on 9 woe is me routine.

I know that it was only the Royals, but Lester pitched a beauty tonight. 99 pitches over 8 one-hit innings before giving way to Papelbon. Lester to Papelbon sounds pretty good for the future.

Guest NYankees

Yankees tied up the game at the perfect time. It is now pouring heavy rain, thunder and lightining in Westchester County, NY.

Liriano v. Kazmir would the first time since 1969, that two 22 year old left-handed pitchers with 10 or more wins faced each other since 1969.

This statistic brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

Who where those two pitchers in 1969? I'm not finding anything on Baseballreference.com.

I found a game where 22 year old George Stone faced 22 year old Bob Moose. Three problems though. Moose was a righty, Moose had nine wins and won his 10th that game, and Stone pitched in relief. Stone is the only 22 year old lefty in 1969 who won 10 games.

Those stats brought to you by Mike and Mike.

those twins better cool off soon. i'm starting to get scared. mildly.

Twins can't win on the road, especially against the AL Central. 0-9 vs Chicago and Detroit.

Guest Princess Leena
Yankees won't (read:shouldn't) get rid of A-Rod after this season. They'd be nuts!

Ponson isn't pitching nearly as bad as I expected.

Yes, they should.

The lack of respect the team and the fans give the greatest player is baseball, is appalling.

And I'm one of the few who was for the Ponson signing. He can be a good starting pitcher in stretches. The Yanks basically lose nothing by getting him. Why not.

Jeff Kent goes on the DL with strained oblique muscle.

Was he waxing his truck?

Ha! That's great. I love Jeff Kent. I met him here in Houston at this BBQ place by Minute Maid Park last year when the Dodgers where in town. He signed a napkin for me, which I threw away on accident, but the brisket was bangin'~!

THE MELKY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it only took 13 people to beat the M's tonight :asshole2:

Was he waxing his truck?

Ha! That's great. I love Jeff Kent. I met him here in Houston at this BBQ place by Minute Maid Park last year when the Dodgers where in town. He signed a napkin for me, which I threw away on accident, but the brisket was bangin'~!

I hate to pull a Czech, but..."by accident."

Good. Willy Aybar will come up and raise his trade value. He can hit.

Was he waxing his truck?

I hate to pull a Czech, but..."by accident."

I'm Texan and my grammar reflects that. I am but a product by my environment.

I'm Texan and my grammar reflects that. I am but a product by my environment.

Dude, you aren't helping the stereotype that we're all a bunch of backwater hicks. Granted, 95% of the people here speak improperly most of the time, but not ALL of us.

As for a real baseball comment, it's Clemens v. Maddux tonight. Third time they're opposed each other, and only the 7th time in history two 300-game winners are matched up. Should be good.

Well, at least I don't drive a pickup and wear sleevless button up shirts...

This is the third Clemens/Maddux match? I thought this was only gonna be the 2nd. I know Maddux won last year, when was the other game?

Well, at least I don't drive a pickup and wear sleevless button up shirts...

This is the third Clemens/Maddux match? I thought this was only gonna be the 2nd. I know Maddux won last year, when was the other game?

Atlanta vs. New York interleague series in 2000.

Another Sox starter throws 8 shutout innings as they sweep the Royals.

And in other good news, David Wells threw a side session this afternoon and could be ready to go for 10 or so starts down the stretch. He's exactly what the Sox need at this point, a league average innings eater for the No. 5 spot. Relaxes the overworked pen and keeps them from overspending for someone else's garbage at the trade deadline.