TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 7/17 - 7/23

It's alright. Thats why I said well. He got into the 6th, giving up 3 runs, that isn't bad at all. If thats what you're arguing so you can say you're right, then thats sad.

It's alright. Thats why I said well. He got into the 6th, giving up 3 runs, that isn't bad at all. If thats what you're arguing so you can say you're right, then thats sad.

I didn't say it was bad. I said it wasn't good. It's not even a quality start.

I suppose it's OK for Jaret Wright.

I did say well. Not good either. But well. The two starts before that were good, and that other one was good, but overall he's pitched well. Eh, whatever.

The EVIL GIANTS got Shea Hillenbrand. He will be playing first.

I've heard it's either Hillenbrand and Vinnie Chulk for Jeremy Accardo, or just Hillenbrand for Accardo and Todd Linden. Apparently it's the first one. Good trade, since (I think) they're dumping Hillenbrand's salary here so they have a little more flexibility if they want to add someone at the deadline.

Guest Felonies!
What's up with Mark Buehrle lately? He gave up a 5-run inning to the Rangers tonight and has an ERA above 10 his last three starts.

HEY NOW, HE'S AN ALL-STAR

Ugh...I went to bed thinking the Brewers had the Reds easily in hand, and checked ESPN in the middle of the night to see Turnbow had blown yet another save, and the crew lost by a single rung. Mad me feel sick to my stomach. What is wrong with this guy lately? Geez, give him a break already, Yost.

The EVIL GIANTS got Shea Hillenbrand. He will be playing first.

I've heard it's either Hillenbrand and Vinnie Chulk for Jeremy Accardo, or just Hillenbrand for Accardo and Todd Linden. Apparently it's the first one. Good trade, since (I think) they're dumping Hillenbrand's salary here so they have a little more flexibility if they want to add someone at the deadline.

That's all they could do. No one was going to give them any established players. They'd just wait until he was released and take a shot at him for free.

I'll be interested to see what Ricciardi does this week.

Yeah it really sucks to have an MVP on your team and also the youngest player to ever hit 450 home runs. Yankee fans are never happy. Heck they would boo Jesus if he showed up at Yankee Stadium.

After the bad, bad Astros' loss last nite, I'm hoping today we can turn things around, but it'll be tough with El Duque and his 12 mph looping breaking ball. Preston Wilson's getting his first start in CF and finally Berkman's batting 3rd, which is the right spot for him. I hope Backe throws well. He had pretty atrocious walk numbers in his rehab starts.

What the hell is up with A-Rod?

He sucks.

Yep, he sure does. Youngest player to hit 450 HR? He should've done it sooner.

Yankee fans can be really stupid sometimes.

But what percentage of those 450 HRs came in the 7th inning or later or in game changing moments? A-Rod would probably be a superstart on most any other team, but, since he's on the Yankees he gets booed. And apparently, he likes to sunbathe in Central Park.

O.k. I'll get my GM to send the paperwork up to Steinbrenner tomorrow. We'll give you Wandy Rodriguez and a foot long Texas hot dog. Chili and cheese will cost you Melky.

According to a new article by Phil Rogers at the much respected Chicago Tribune, the Astros' offer for Miguel Tejada is Adam Everett, Fernando Nieve, Jason Hirsch, and Hunter Pence. That's entirely, entirely too much to give up considering Tejada probably wouldn't stick around for more than half the season.

Thanks Mr. Bauer for allowing me to fantasize about a line up featuring Pujols and A-Rod. Holy shit, yes.

Jeff Weaver for A-Rod. :ph34r:

Guest Felonies!
According to a new article by Phil Rogers at the much respected Chicago Tribune

Is that a crack? The Trib is a fine paper.

Guest Princess Leena
Thanks Mr. Bauer for allowing me to fantasize about a line up featuring Pujols and A-Rod. Holy shit, yes.

No. Then Alexander wouldn't be the best player on his team. :(

A-Rod would probably be worshiped in any other baseball city in North America, but because the Yankee fans are so damned spoil by the Evil Empire, they boo him for "only" being an All-Star and last year's MVP. His batting average this year is "only" .284 right now, and he "only" has an OPS of .896. He "only" has 21 homers so far.

What a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Most fans would kill for a chance to see a player of Rodriguez's caliber on their team. I've never felt like cheering the guy because of his ridiculous contract, but it's not like Steinbrenner can't afford him. I hope the Yankees do something stupid and trade him to another team to appease their retarded fan base, and then he can help that team win a world championship.

Guest Smues
A-Rod would probably be worshiped in any other baseball city in North America, but because the Yankee fans are so damned spoil by the Evil Empire, they boo him for "only" being an All-Star and last year's MVP. His batting average this year is "only" .284 right now, and he "only" has an OPS of .896. He "only" has 21 homers so far.

What a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Most fans would kill for a chance to see a player of Rodriguez's caliber on their team. I've never felt like cheering the guy because of his ridiculous contract, but it's not like Steinbrenner can't afford him. I hope the Yankees do something stupid and trade him to another team to appease their retarded fan base, and then he can help that team win a world championship.

You forgot their number one arguement. HE'S UNCLUTCH OH NOES!