TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Smackdown Thread - July/21st/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Last stop before The Bash.

World Heavyweight champion, Rey Mysterio found retribution on Smackdown's majesty last week. Rey got his gloves on King Booker not once, but twice in the same night. It was made worse on Saturday, as Mysterio, Batista & Bobby Lashley defeated King Booker, Fit Finlay & Mark Henry at Saturday Night's Main Event. After these royal embarrassments, will King Booker and his Court have something in store for the champion just two day before heading into the Bash?

During the aforementioned Six-Man Tag Team Match, Mark Henry suffered a knee injury. What will become of his scheduled match with Batista at The Great American Bash? Tune into Smackdown to find out.

Also last week, the world saw the dramatic re-emergence of Undertaker, who appeared in the ring as a "sign" to The Great Khali and Daivari. Undertaker's message was loud and clear, but Khali sent a message of his own on Saturday Night's Main Event with the help of the ECW World Heavyweight champion, The Big Show.

Tuesday night, "The Deadman" went to ECW to face Big Show for the gold. There, "The Deadman" was brutally assaulted by The Great Khali. What kind of shape will "The Deadman" be in heading to Friday night Smackdown and The Great American Bash? Will The Great Khali send an even louder message tonight as he heads into Punjabi Prison Match at The Great American Bash?

The next round of competition in the 2006 Diva Search will also take place on Smackdown. This week will be the Diva Dance-Off, as the aspiring Divas compete to become the next of the sexiest women on TV.

Also, WWE.com has learned that Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long will open the show by addressing the status of Batista and his opponent for The Great American Bash. Will Batista assume the No.1 Contendership? Will the General Manager name a new opponent for "The Animal"?

Tune in tonight at 8pm/7pm CT on UPN to see why Smackdown is television that's changing Friday nights.

The July 21st edition of Friday night Smackdown will be preempted in the following areas. Below are times you can watch Smackdown:

New York: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Philadelphia: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Washington D.C.: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Hartford: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Syracuse: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Utica: Friday, July 21st, 10pm.

Guest DRH 502

A little off topic, but I don't think I saw Regal mentioned as wrestling this show when I read the spoilers. Kinda sucks...I honestly believe this: Regal has finally adapted to the WWE style (took him long enough right?) and is finally starting to regularly put out good matches. vs. Lashley a few weeks back I remember watching and coming to this conclusion, because to me Regal just looked a bit akward in all of his WWE outings sans the Benoit matches (and a few others we all know there are exceptions to the rule). Maybe he is stepping it up because he knows Finlay is ripping shit up??

Any chance we can get a match listing here?

I'll probably DVR it anyway, but I'd like to know what I can look forward to besides some promos the diva shit.

Here are the matches for the show...

Finlay Vs Lashley

Kid Kash Vs Brain Kendrick

Psicosis Vs Super Crazy(I Think for #1 Contender for the Cruiserweight Title )

Ashley/Jillian Hall Vs Kristal and Michelle McCool

Rey Mysterio Vs King Booker

The July 21st edition of Friday night Smackdown will be preempted in the following areas. Below are times you can watch Smackdown:

Philadelphia: Saturday, July 22nd, 8pm.

Hmm, that's weird. As far as I can tell, SD should be on @ 8 tonight like usual. The only reason it would be preempted would be for the Phillies, but it looks like they'll be on Comcast Sports Net tonight.

Sounds like a solid show, I'll be watching since I'm a loser who has nothing else to do on a Friday night except watch wrestling by himself. :(

I'm going to cry into my Ultimate Warrior bedsheet now.

A great show tonight. Kendrick/Kash was good. Finlay/Lashley was great(cool psychology and pace, Finlay rocks!). Super Crazy/Pschosis had a cool finish, even though the match was way too short. I have to question the wisdom of giving away Booker/Rey before the PPV, but it was a decent match. The only things that sucked about this week's Smackdown was the diva crap and the short but still pointless Vito segment.

Overall, a great show!

While I think it's stupid in most cases to give away a PPV match on free TV, I think Booker and Rey are more then capable to put on a totally different match at the PPV.

Thank God Kennedy is back to being a heel. He has that natural heel thing going. Kennedy is a less charismatic and less talented Curt Henning.

He fits that heel role.

Guest DRH 502

He is a bit repetitive. Kash was trained by one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time, Ricky Morton. But yeah I think he is decent enough...although comparing the APA style of "hitting them until they fall down" with the Pit Bulls style as Kash use an inverted indian deathlock was a bit illogical. Kash was trained by one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time, Ricky Morton.

Edit: I forgot something...

Ashley has no anything.

Who is supposed to be the face here? I'm confused.

Edit: Ashley seem to be the worst wrestler out of all of them also. I've yet to see her do anything resembling a wrestling move.

Stupidest "spot" in WWE wrestling history ever? When the same bitches who come out in bikinis, cover their tits because their shirt was ripped off. WTF?

It's weird thinking Booker T might actually have a chance to be a Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

Id say if he doesn't then its a shame cause the King Booker thing is the most they've done with him in the whole time he's been in the WWE.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I thought layla was horrible but than Erica just did....nothing....