TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Papacita

Heyman interview

We want to be ahead of the curve. We want to have the most compelling and realistic characters.

Hmm. Because Vampires and guys named Balls are realistic.

Go to any biker bar and you will find names like Balls or Axe on people just like Mahoney. Vampires, would fit the compelling part. Realistic would pertain to characters like Punk.

Guest The Prez

Heyman's a great salesman. I can see that he doesn't agree with everything going on, but he does a pretty good job of putting a positive spin on it.

I would buy a used Kia from Paul Heyman too bad the management won't give me a good interest rate or a reasonable down payment number.

Company line, company line, company line, name-drop Dragon Gate which will NEVER appear in ECW, company line, company line, company line. Compelling stuff, he is such a REBEL!

Where is the huge influx of Vampire fans that Heyman was marketing to? I was hoping some might start posting on this board.

I don't buy anything he's saying for a second. About the cruiserweights, Dragon Gates.....nothing.

Where is the huge influx of Vampire fans that Heyman was marketing to? I was hoping some might start posting on this board.

For real. You'd think it was fucking 1996 and all of this Marilyn Manson garbage was popular again. But it ain't. They have no other excuse than the fact that they're playing up to Sci-Fi.

Heyman sure is shitting out the company line here.

Good thing it's just in text though. Heyman was probably rolling his eyes and making sarcastic hand movements during it.

Yeah, he's just a company shill at this point. We know what he'd do if he had power from these interviews, but it's not going to happen.

I don't think he really cares about old ECW fans at this point. You'd think if he did he wouldn't be doing interviews putting over the product. If he does care than I guess we should admire his professionalism.

Although a few years ago vampires may have been more popular, there still are alot of vampire fans out there today. I am one of them, though to a slighter degree than one would imagine. There's tons of Anne Rice followers who hold conventions every year, vampire sex is pretty popular, I know a few people who are into it, you've got vampirefreaks.com, etc.

It's not the most popular subculture out there, but it does have alot of people involved. Only problem is, the type of people who are into vampires aren't likely the type of people to be into wrestling.

Hey now, a vampire that can work a decent match I would be down for, but simply throwing a guy out there dressed as a vampire for the sake of saying "Look Sci-Fi execs, a Vampire...."

Also, people have got to acknowledge the conditions under what Heyman is trying to do. He can't just simply do what he wants because he isn't the boss anymore, but if he can get Vince to compromise enough, then what Heyman can do is show Vince where he is wrong and where Heyman is right via the booking of the show, and what the fans will react negatively and positively to. I know, I know, when it comes to Vince he will simply brush the fans aside in order to entertain himself, but I think Vince will listen to Sci-fi execs and the ratings, and if Heyman has any type of communication with them now, or in the future, the pressure could transfer to Vince to allow Heyman more creative control over "ECW" Remember, thus far Sci-Fi execs have seemingly enjoyed the harder-edged material on the show.

Guest DRH 502
Realistic would pertain to characters like Punk.

What? Are we talking about names or characters in general here?

Guest DRH 502
Although a few years ago vampires may have been more popular, there still are alot of vampire fans out there today. I am one of them, though to a slighter degree than one would imagine. There's tons of Anne Rice followers who hold conventions every year, vampire sex is pretty popular, I know a few people who are into it, you've got vampirefreaks.com, etc.

It's not the most popular subculture out there, but it does have alot of people involved. Only problem is, the type of people who are into vampires aren't likely the type of people to be into wrestling.

You mean there are people who are really into things that don't exist??

If religion wasn't around such a concept would boggle the mind.

he doesnt wanna mention the talent he's contacted because they'll get raided by Raw and Smackdown.

I believe him.

They're running out of guys for Umaga

I like how the interviewer brought up all the TALL guys in the main event and Heyman sidesteps these issues/critisisms where he finds a way to

answer without really giving an answer.

I dont get his comparison of THAT main event with the one using Anderson and Eaton.

When he was running his own company I think he was one of the first after a show to point out any criticisms ( that really sucked, bad idea etc.)

But now if he's got a show planned knowing full well it's about 10% as good as originally intended, he'll still go out there and say it will be as good a show as you will ever see. Because badmouthing it when it's not his money would just hurt any power he has at all. I think they're at the point where if he said anything less than stellar, even if he took full blame himself, he'd find a way to get in trouble.

Guest Overworked

And as all this happens, Gangrel is on a road somewhere getting mud splattered on him with a Sign "Will wrestle for ECW for food"

With Luna trying to show some leg to get someone to stop, but the leg is all.......too muscular and with veins popping, Gangrel's fave.