TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest InuYasha

The OAO RAW for 7/31/06

It would have been nice for them to give some sort of rub to Umaga and let him stay in the ring after the main event. As it is, while he beat Shawn, he got nothing out of it because the spotlight was immediately put on Vince and Shane instead.

The same thing happened the last time he beat Shawn.

You know, this Raw was actually better than it has been in recent weeks, but it was still a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the show.

1. Nothing changes. Since DX has formed, have any storylines changed or developed substantially in any way? Not really. DX/McMahons is still a bunch of bad comedy skits. Foley and Flair still still cut into each other with shoot-laden promos. Cena, Edge, and the WWE title are just there. The 3 IC title division guys are still wrestling in pointless (but usually above average) matches. The Divas are floating aimlessly. Orton and Hogan started a couple weeks after DX formed, I guess, but since the start, every week is more of the same generic Hogan/anti-Hogan promos. Seriously, every Raw in the last 6-8 weeks is completely interchangeable. You could put this week's Raw on 2 weeks ago, or the 7/3 show on now and it wouldn't matter. Nothing develops, nothing changes.

2. Everything that's portrayed as important is a promo. No match means anything. The matches this week might be the best overall showing Raw's done all year. Everything was passable to decent, but it didn't matter because none of it was important. IC match? Doesn't matter, some combo of those 3 will be fighting next week, as has been the case forever. Divas tag? Time filler, there's not even a divas storyline to be found. Cena squash? Might as well have been an Edge promo. Rory Highlander vs. Johnny might have been the most meaningful match of the night because it gives the Scotsmen a kayfabe excuse to get another title shot. Umaga's involvment in the Michaels beatdown was completely pointless. Nevermind that all the promos that don't involve Flair or Foley are damn near unwatchable.

Man, it couldn't have been said any clearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

UUUUUUUUUUMAGA = RATINGS, no doubt.

Niggas gonna headline WM with Kenny, ya know.

But seriously, AAE and Umaga are my favorite this on Raw right now.

no arguements here, I've always been an Umaga advocate...he just needs a better finisher, something flashy and high impact.

I've also liked Carlito since day one...you can look that shit up.

Same here, brotha.

I even bought a Carlito shirt, my first wrestling T sine the original nWo.

I've like the dude since he was stabbin' John Cena with Jesus.

I would like Umaga to use some crazy setup, I guess the Somoan Spike, into that badass Somaon Drop, then his splash off the top to finish it off.

Otherwise, the entire character is being built well, Jamal is finally showing his charisma that was always there, he's disciplened himself more, and doesn't legit kill peeps.

And then there Armando Alejandro Estrada.

Best manager since the Attitude era, easily. And could continue to be a major guy if they play him right.

And really, whether this is what Joe turned down or not, Jamal is perfect in the role. No matter how good Joe is, and he's GOTDAMN good, I can't picture him pulling off this gimmick better then Jamal.

And the way that damn near everyone just scatters when he goes nuts is so awesome. They need to paint his face better so his "tats" don't fade when he sweats.

I really would like to see Umaga get involved in a title scene with Cena, Edge, and RVD when he returns.

I'm inclined to agree that Joe couldn't pull the gimmick off as well as Jamal. Not to discredit Joe in any way, as he's top 10 in the world right now, but the no amount of wrestling ability can just make a gimmick. He's better as the regular guy badass, plus he uses too many wrestling moves for a Samoan savage (STF, Kukina Clutch, etc). Jamal also has the better voice to yell things like "AHHH SAMOA!!!"

I was gonna say the same thing.

Plus, Jamal is just going up there and dancing, I swear to God, it is such an embarrasing Samoan Jim Crowe act...