TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Hogan out of summerslam?

I really hope this isn't Hogan's way out of getting out of jobbing. Christ, its like I'm the only guy actually looking forward to this match. Say what you want, its 1000x better than the DX / McMahon bullshit.

I'll agree with that, as I, too, was kind of looking forward to it. I mean, the crowds still eat up anything with Hogan, and even though I'd be going against the grain, anything with a strong crowd can bail things out somewhat.

And I'm sure I've said this a dozen times: Brooke turning on Hulk at SS makes everybody a winner

-Brooke turning on Dad gets a tonne of mainstream attention.

-Hogan doesn't lose heat as he doesn't lose clean

-Orton doesn't lose credibility for losing to Methuslah.

Either way, something about that article struck me as a work.

Orton should just slap the bitch and end the feud. She looks way too much like Daddy. Then, Randall can cut a long interview proclaiming his many positive attributes.

lmao

yea actually the fake Brooke form Raw looke dbettre than the real one

anyhow, that sucks for Randy if in fact he was going to win. But no worry for wwe this match wasn't drawing any buys like Hogan vs Rock or even Hogan vs HBK did

CanadianGuitarist-Brooke turning on Dad gets a tonne of mainstream attention.

The mainstream media could give two shits about Hulk Hogan's daugther turning heel. It's not helping her career, and she's not a good enough actress to make the turn believable.

--Vince McMahon expects to know by tonight what the situation is regarding Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam. Hogan told McMahon he had gotten an MRI on his right knee yesterday and should know more today. Nobody is ruling out any possibilities of a game being played, but contrary to speculation, this has nothing to do with Hogan not wanting to do a job. Hogan's new deal with WWE gives him full creative control of his finishes. It has been known from the start of this program that Hogan calls every match finish.

-Meltzer

Out...for now

By Ed Williams III

August 6, 2006

Hulk Hogan is out…but for how long?

As reported by WWE.com Friday afternoon, Hulk Hogan has suffered a knee injury, and after having an MRI this weekend, the WWE Hall of Famer learned that he has a partially torn meniscus and will be unable to make his scheduled appearance on RAW Monday night.

The MRI showed a slight tear in the meniscus in his right knee. At this time, Hogan has opted not to have surgery. He did, however, receive a cortisone shot, which has helped alleviate some of the pain. It is still unknown whether or not the knee injury will prevent Hogan from competing against Randy Orton at SummerSlam.

WWE.com spoke with Hogan who was disappointed over the fact he won’t be at RAW.

“I’ve prided myself over the last 25 years of not getting injured and disappearing,” said the WWE Hall of Famer. “Normally I can work through any injury, but the problem is that this is my good knee, which means I can’t rely on my surgically repaired knee to shoulder the rest of the burden.”

Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania has always been one of the most indestructible forces in sports-entertainment. But after more than a quarter century of competing inside the squared circle, Hogan is starting to realize that maybe he’s not immortal after all.

“I’m sort of freaking out. I’m beginning to learn I’m a lot older,” said Hogan. “And with age, it’s tough to be the same dependable guy I’ve been in the past. I realize that as I get up there in age, I can’t go on forever.”

Hogan’s knee injury will be reevaluated in the middle of the week, but regardless of whether or not he can compete at SummerSlam, the Hulkster had a message for the Legend Killer.

“I’ll tell you this, no matter what happens, Randy Orton has not heard the last of me,” he said.

Orton in the meantime, told WWE.com Friday that he questioned the legitamcy of Hogan’s injury. WWE.com spoke with Orton again as he returned from RAW’s trip to Australia, and his attitude towards Hogan wasn’t much different.

“I told you last week (Friday), he got hurt getting off a couch. That’s all I have to say about that,” said the Legend Killer.

While Hogan did admit that he heard his knee pop while getting up from his couch, that is just part of the story.

“It started about two weeks ago, like a toothache," Hogan said on Friday, "the joint on the outside of the knee. I was complaining to my son Nick that it was killing me all the time. I have been on the road with my daughter Brooke and haven't been able to work out my legs like I should."

Hogan added: "Friday, I did a couple of leg exercises at a gym. When I got home, I sat on my new couch and it was like sitting in a hole. When I got up, it sounded like a snap, an explosion in the kneecap. I can stand and walk a bit, but it’s hard for me to sit and get up and down the stairs."

Despite the injury, Hogan is still scheduled to face Orton at SummerSlam. Will Hogan be able to recover in time to face the Legend Killer? Will Orton even get the chance to add Hogan’s legendary name to his list of legends killed? Keep checking back with WWE.com for all of the details.

from PWInsider

The Pokemon website has an interview up with Hulk Hogan, which promotes his appearance at the Pokemon "Party of the Decade" this Tuesday. Here's to hoping that his knee can withstand the rigors of the appearance. ... Thanks to Mykas for sending along the link.

They're better off without Hogan anyway. Hogan has to be carried to make a match somewhat interesting anyway and Orton sure hell can't do that, I can see that match being just awful.

In matches against Angle, HBK, Brock, Rock they weren't great but also weren't horrible.

When he takes on guys that can't carry IE (Taker, HHH) his matches are pretty brutal.

“I’m sort of freaking out. I’m beginning to learn I’m a lot older,” said Hogan. “And with age, it’s tough to be the same dependable guy I’ve been in the past. I realize that as I get up there in age, I can’t go on forever.”

Perhaps if he'd learned that lesson 10 years earlier, there would still be a WCW.

Hopfully this means no more shitty PPV Main Events and those SHOCKING random Raw appearences, but I doubt it.

Seeing how Hogan is losing it, this is would the best way to job to Randy to KILL the legend of Hulkamania!

Seeing how Hogan is losing it, this is would the best way to job to Randy to KILL the legend of Hulkamania!

I honestly would be surprised if Hogan ever jobbed again.

This clearly has to do with the Wellness Policy.

I guess a certain orange looking person was told they weren't above the law when it came to the testing and that certain someone was probably taking stuff that he shouldn't have been taking.

Better to be out for popping a knee getting off a couch than for not passing a drug test.

This clearly has to do with the Wellness Policy.

I guess a certain orange looking person was told they weren't above the law when it came to the testing and that certain someone was probably taking stuff that he shouldn't have been taking.

Better to be out for popping a knee getting off a couch than for not passing a drug test.

Considering how short a timespan they planned to have Hogan active (I don't think they were going to have Hogan show up weekly between SummerSlam and WM XXIII) I just sort of doubt that they would give him a wellness policy test (other than the "Are you going to die in the ring?" test). I mean, if he fails (which given his history, he would) you have two options; throw out the Hogan/Orton SummerSlam match you've been hyping since SNME2, or give Hogan a free pass just to save the match and make a horrible example for the locker room that drugs and steroids are bad only if you aren't a big enough draw.

I instinctively feel that this is Hogan's way of doing the job he's paid to do while still looking strong AND making his opponent look weak in the process. Basically, classic Hogan.

Marvin, I like it better when you call Hogan an orange goblin rather than person.

That's what I'm screamin'.

Hogan should come out, redo the deal from Raw, except Hogan lands the Big Boot, Drops the Big Leg, one, two, three.

I have enjoyed Orton's work lately as the creepy mofuckin' sociopath, though.

This is the only time in his career that he's been able to really establish a character, other then the brilliant RNN deal.

And the dude IS over.

He get a lot of boos, and some cheers, but he's definetly one of the best heels WWE have right now.