TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Hard Justice PPV Thread - August/13th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

top.gif

Card and predictions:

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett (with "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner) .VS. Sting (with Christian Cage).

Winner: Sting.

"Falls Count Anywhere" 3-Way Match

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino .VS. "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

NWA World Tag Team Titles Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winners: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

"Winner Gets An X-Division Title Shot"

Chris Sabin .VS. Alex Shelley (with Kevin Nash).

Winner: Alex Shelley.

TNA X-Division Title, 3-Way Match

Senshi .VS. Petey Williams .VS. Jay Lethal.

Winner: Senshi.

No.1 Contender's Tag Team Four-Way Match

The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. Matt Bentley & "The Future" Frankie Kazarian .VS. The James Gang .VS. America's Most Wanted.

Winners: The Naturals.

Challenge Match

"The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Abyss.

Singles Match

Eric Young .VS. Johnny Devine.

Winner: Eric Young.

Singles Match

Gail Kim .VS. Sirelda.

Winner: Sirelda.

Preshow:

Singles Match

Ron "The Truth" Killings .VS. A1.

Winner: Ron Killings.

Tag Team Match

Sonjay Dutt & Cassidy Riley .VS. Jimmy Jacobs & El Diablo.

This PPV looks like a step up from the recent "consistently good, but not great" PPVs. I'm looking forward to the Falls Count Anywhere 3-Way, and the Tag Title match.

top.gif

Card and predictions:

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

"The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett (with "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner) .VS. Sting (with Christian Cage).

Winner: Sting.

Sting has to win the title here, it's the entire point of his run in NWA, to be champ one last time. From here, JJ can win it back by cheating, setting up Joe killing him, or Sting can hold onto it until Joe kills him for it.

"Falls Count Anywhere" 3-Way Match

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino .VS. "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

Brown should take the fall in this match, so they can continue the Joe/Rhyno fued untill Joe goes onto his NWA Championship fued. Brown should be repackeged after this, maybe take a month or so off for an "injury" sustained in this match, then come back without the lameass jungle man gimmick, and the 3rd rate Rock promos.

NWA World Tag Team Titles Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winners: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

This should be the match of the night. I'm expecting good things from a program with these four.

"Winner Gets An X-Division Title Shot"

Kevin Nash .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Kevin Nash.

I'm looking forward to Nash winning the title, based on his non-ring work latley. Nash can do one of two things here. Destroy the X-D, or return it to the gretness it once was, deppending on how it all goes own after he wins the title.

TNA X-Division Title, 3-Way Match

Senshi .VS. Petey Williams .VS. Jay Lethal.

Winner: Senshi.

Senshi needs this win to help build his crediblity more, but dude is boring, so I'm hoping for a Williams win. which is exactly why Senshi needs to win, and then develop a fuckin' personality.

No.1 Contender's Tag Team Four-Way Match

The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. Matt Bentley & "The Future" Frankie Kazarian .VS. The James Gang .VS. America's Most Wanted.

Winners: The Naturals.

This is the only logical outcome to this match.

Challenge Match

"The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Abyss.

Abyss destroys Runt here, leading to a Team 3-D fued when they return. Maybe Brown can be Abyss' partner in his repackaged role.

Singles Match

Eric Young .VS. Johnny Devine (with Alex Shelley).

Winner: Eric Young.

This should be good stuff.

Singles Match

Gail Kim .VS. Sirelda.

Winner: Sirelda.

I'm hoping Gail Kim wins this, just because I'm a mark for her.

This PPV looks like a step up from the recent "consistently good, but not great" PPVs. I'm looking forward to the Falls Count Anywhere 3-Way, and the Tag Title match.

This PPv does look damn good on paper, and should be good on screen.

I'm going to fucking PISSED if Sting doesn't win. I mean they're paying him all this money so make something out of it!

BVD, Sting has absolutely no chance in hell of winning here. He's just jobbing most likely with the ultra predictable Christian heel turn. There's no way Jarrett is jobbing the belt until BFG when I'd have Joe crush him. If anything having Sting win it accomplishes nothing, just gives him a token reign and then Jarrett beats him back. Then Jarrett has somewhat less heat for BFG.

Anyone have an idea of how JJ can win this match without the Christian heel turn?

Jarrett in TNA is an example of taking Memphis heel tactics to a terrifying extreme. The guy literally cannot win a match cleanly. He can't even beat Jay Lethal without interference. Not that I think Lethal is weak or anything but he's certainly not a world title contender at this point.

I believe they are 29.95 or 34.95 depending on your cable provider.

I haven't ordered any PPV's since they were weekly, but this one does look pretty good. I thought the build to most of the matches have been pretty good.

Do you all like the addition of Jay Lethal to the XD Title match? I didn't like it at first, but its not like Senshi & Petey have much of a backstory so why not throw him in there I guess.

You know, on pwinsider.com's audio today Buck Woodward mentioned how funny it would be for Nash to win and be the #1 contender to Senshi and then Senshi could kick the brains out. Thing is, Nash would win that match. And given how self serious Senshi is I'd probably laugh my ass off.

FroGG, your Jarrett/Lawler analogy is scary. The main difference here however is that the Orlando fans detest Jarrett, whereas Lawler was always God in Memphis.

You know, on pwinsider.com's audio today Buck Woodward mentioned how funny it would be for Nash to win and be the #1 contender to Senshi and then Senshi could kick the brains out. Thing is, Nash would win that match. And given how self serious Senshi is I'd probably laugh my ass off.

FroGG, your Jarrett/Lawler analogy is scary. The main difference here however is that the Orlando fans detest Jarrett, whereas Lawler was always God in Memphis.

Good point there, but how is Jarrett recieved in Nashville? If TNA was there, would it be like Lawler and Memphis, or is JJ just hated everywhere?

Honestly, Nashville was never the biggest town for Memphis/USWA. Lawler was never quite God like in Nashville, not like in Memphis. So Jarrett wasn't ever especially liked there.

This might sound strange but I quite preferred the Nashville TNA to the Orlando TNA. It had a much grittier, hard edge to it. Kind of like a mesh of the ECW Arena and old school Memphis.

The Orlando Impact Zone is like watching prefab WCW shows circa 1993 from Disney, except with the inmates running the asylum and booing and cheering anyone and everyone. If ever a group needed the signs of "BOO" and "YAY" that Bischoff provided the tourists it is these people.

This looks like one of the better cards in recent times.

Hopes Sting will win.

Hope LAX win.

Naturals will win the tag match, most likley pinning either Benley or Kazarian.

And senshi will most likley go over Lethal in the X title match.

Any word on who the other guys on the pre show are yet?

Should be a good show tonight, how fucked up though is it to see Killings on the pre-show? Word is that he's in major heat with Jarrett and he may be on his way out, specifically to Vampiro's new company in Mexico (Revolution X or something).

Also, Observer this week reported TNA likely hotshotting something on the ppv to lead to a really loaded Impact on Thursday, since TUF and the Ultimate Fight Night is on Thursday and they have a very solid lead-in with those shows to hook viewers.

Nash injured his neck upon hearing he was going to job.

I'm on the fence about this show. Haven't ordered a TNA show since AAO but I have a free credit for a PPV from my cable provider. I might just cash that credit in tonight.

Ref'ss down.

EL~KABONG!

So who will Slick Johnson screw over at the PPV?

Tag Team Match

Jimmy Jacobs & ??? .VS. ??? & ???.

Sharkboy & Norman Smiley?

Will it be HUSS~! Jacobs or Emo Jacobs? I don't advocate TNA stealing from other promotions but if they don't do Ballad of Traci with Jacobs, they are clueless.

Guest snakesonawiggly

Credit:http://www.tnawrestling.com/

OFFICIAL LIVE TNA “HARD JUSTICE” RESULTS ON THE FLY

Sunday, August 13, 2006 – Orlando, FL

By: Marcus Cygy

The preshow kicked off with Jeremy Borash and Christy Hemme running down the card for Hard Justice, but Alex Shelley interrupted with a correction for tonight. It was announced by Shelley that Kevin Nash would be unable to compete tonight due to injuring himself last night while teaching Tito Ortiz some moves – sounds fishy!

Our opening contest tonight featured the rubber match between Ron “The Truth” Killings and A1. Both had one win apiece during the past few weeks on TNA’s syndicated program “Xplosion”. However, The Truth would prove to be the superior one of the two with the win via Axe Kick. The preshow would conclude with Sonjay Dutt and the returning Cassidy Riley defeating Jimmy Jacobs and El Diablo.

ERIC YOUNG vs. JOHNNY DEVINE

The first match contested on the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View featured two former members of Team Canada going on one on one – Johnny Devine of The Paparazzi versus Eric Young. The fans were really behind Eric in this bout but once he seemed to gain some offense something awful went wrong. One of the pyros at the top of the building caught fire and exploded as the arena was filled with smoke. The building became blinding with thick smoke, and it definitely affected Eric who couldn’t see a thing. Johnny Devine gained the momentary offense but for some reason, Eric became more dedicated in winning this fight possibly due to the circumstances that occurred and with live television, nothing could be done, nonetheless he wanted to impress Cornette. The match went on and Eric Young picked up the win – Is Eric’s job with TNA now in safe hands?

Winner: Eric Young

After the bout, a disheveled former referee by the name of Earl Hebner came busting down on referee Mark “Slick” Johnson. Suddenly, Larry came for the save on Mark, who has been nothing but a pain for Larry in the past few months. However, Larry’s being the company man and keeping order. Earl was furious at the fact that he was fired, but Larry wasn’t.

We were shown footage of the men involved in tonight’s main event arriving to the building earlier on. Jarrett and Steiner were collected and calm, they wouldn’t talk to anyone. Christian Cage and Sting were shown ready as well arriving to the arena.

The Pay-Per-View was then halted for an indefinite time after fire fighters evacuated the fans and wrestlers from the iMPACT! Zone. Footage of the horrific fire at the top of the arena was shown over again as the fire fighters did everything in their power to make sure that it is safe to resume this Pay-Per-View with everyone back into the arena. Backstage with Mike Tenay, Don West and Jeremy Borash, it was Eric Young who had made sure that Cornette understood that this wasn’t his fault. Eric was happy about his win nonetheless.

Monty Brown then had his share of the microphone and reiterated how he’s going to finally put an end to the undefeated streak currently held by Samoa Joe, and in the process extinct “The War Machine” Rhino. Shane Douglas was also on hand to pump up the newly franchised Naturals for their match tonight.

Alex Shelley was backstage next with Jeremy Borash. Alex reiterated how Nash was unable to compete tonight due to his neck injury that could cause paralysis. Kevin Nash, who was wheeled in by Johnny Devine, said he would still be on hand for moral support, but told Shelley he was going to war. With that, we were cleared by the fire department to continue on with the Pay-Per-View!

#1 CONTENDER’S MATCH:

ALEX SHELLEY vs. CHRIS SABIN

Alex Shelley, the founder of Paparazzi Productions was taking Nash’s spot against Chris Sabin in this number one contender’s bout to determine who faces the winner of the X-Division Title match tonight. Alex Shelley is such a different person in the ring due to his vast knowledge of key holds and encounters and that really got to Chris Sabin early on. Shelley was able to maneuver himself in ways that gave him the upper leverage and just when Sabin looked to have figured Shelley out and turn the tables, Alex would quickly save himself with a counter. The morale support from Kevin Nash though would become to be a bit too much. All was going good for Shelley until Nash threw in a steel chair and Devine distracted the referee. Shelley attempted to hit Sliced Bread with the chair but Sabin in fact countered it. Sabin picked up the win with the Cradle Shock in the end.

Winner: Chris Sabin

BROTHER RUNT vs. “THE MONSTER” ABYSS

Brother Runt, who was sporting a new look with a tie-dye shirt and mohawk to go along with it was taking on “The Monster” Abyss in this next match. Runt tried taking Abyss down with head butts and clotheslines but Abyss was a complete brick wall to Runt. Raven, who was looking on as we learned he had given Runt some advice for this match, then saw Runt thrown into the crowd as the fans caught and surfed him back to ringside. Runt would later come back with the Acid Drop; however, the referee was taken out of play when Abyss inadvertently squashed him in the corner. This allowed Abyss to bring out the thumbtacks and they were definitely used to his advantage. First he squashed his head in the tacks with a big face stomp, and then he dropped him from high above his own head, finally it was ended with a Black Hole Slam.

Winner: Abyss

After the match, a concerned Raven struck a pose and gave a cold distinct look over towards Abyss. What can we expect next?

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH:

“THE ALPHA MALE” MONTY BROWN vs. “THE WAR MACHINE” RHINO vs. “THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE” SAMOA JOE

Joe and Rhino immediately locked up as The Alpha Male took his precarious time getting involved. Rhino later slingshot himself out of the ring, overtop of Monty Brown, but that followed with Samoa Joe throwing himself over both men. Weapons were brought into the equation as this fight quickly went into the stands just as Rhino had promised this past Thursday on “iMPACT!”.

Samoa Joe later took pride in destroying our set in the iMPACT! Zone. The Alpha Male and Rhino found themselves being thrown or beat thru the walls in the stands with a big running boot or slam, to where pieces of the walls were then being used as weapons.

This fight was taken all over the building and just when Rhino thought he could weasel away, Joe was given an umbrella from a fan to bring Rhino back to his feet. Later on, the combatants brought the fight to the entranceway where we witnessed a vertical suplex by Rhino and Brown and later on The Alpha Male returned the favor with a double under-hook suplex.

Finally back into the ring, we saw Samoa Joe almost get the win with a sunset flip from the top rope on Rhino, which landed on a steel chair. Rhino wasn’t ready to give up though, as he brought the fight back to the outside, however the would go on to haunt Rhino. He would attempt a Gore on Monty at the top of the stage, but it was missed as Rhino ate wood off the stage. Joe followed up by sending The Alpha Male thru wood as well, with the STO for the win.

Winner: Samoa Joe

After the wild match the fans had just witnessed, Samoa Joe got on the microphone and said they could do it all over again even if the building burned down!

Backstage, Mark “Slick” Johnson had figured that Larry, Earl, and Jarrett were all in this together. Larry was irate of Slick’s accusations and left the room in attempts to convince Cornette in terminating his contract.

GAIL KIM vs. SIRELDA

After being brought into TNA by Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles for the sole picture of taking out Gail Kim out, they finally met one on one in the ring tonight! Unfortunately for Sirelda though, she fell short to Gail as she would pick up the win after what was a very athletic contest.

Winner: Gail Kim

Due to the fire that took place earlier on in the night, it was announced that the four-way tag team match between The Naturals, The James Gang, America’s Most Wanted, and Matt Bentley & Frankie Kazarian was cancelled. Tune into “iMPACT!” on Spike TV this Thursday for more news on that, as the match was originally scheduled to be a number one contender’s match for the NWA World Tag Team Titles.

THREE-WAY TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH:

SENSHI © vs. PETEY WILLIAMS vs. JAY LETHAL

Action was flowing within the six-sided ring early on for this bout, which saw Senshi defending his X-Division Championship. Senshi brought the fight to Petey Williams and Jay Lethal with swift stiff chops and kicks, using his mixed martial arts style. Senshi would even do the little things like throwing Lethal into Petey in the corner, have Lethal rebound back to him and deliver another offensive maneuver. There were no friends in this match though, Petey would go on to sing O’ Canada with Lethal hung in the balance in the corner.

Later on, Jay Lethal would return to action after the brief lapse of pain brought on by Petey. He would indeed prove to be a legit contender in taking both Petey and Senshi down from the top rope with a double leg drop kick. It would not end there though; he continued his attacks with a scoop slam for both competitors and then a side step drop kick for both in the face – that’s consistency.

Petey Williams would then take his turn in the offensive position by locking in the Sharpshooter on Jay Lethal and later the Canadian Destroyer; however, he forgot about Senshi who capitalized on Petey’s offense by pushing Petey aside with a double foot kick and picking up the win via pin.

Winner & STILL TNA X-Division Champion: Senshi

After the match, Petey was ferocious with Senshi over the fact that his win was stolen. Senshi brushed Petey off and continued celebrating his win.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

AJ STYLES & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS © vs. THE LATIN AMERICAN EXCHANGE (HOMICIDE & HERNANDEZ)

Hernandez began competition against Daniels by using his size and power. The Fallen Angel though was able to make the statement in reminding LAX who the champions are by taking Hernandez down and out of the ring. AJ Styles and Homicide would also go rough and tough against each other but the street thug-like members of LAX were one step ahead of the champions – but one can argue it’s because LAX are mentally insane, after all they have the 5150 sign on the back of their shirts. Nonetheless, the champions were not here to make excuses, they were here to win a fight and retain their titles.

While watching this fight though, it became apparent that LAX were not here solely for the titles but also to torture AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. They used every cheating tactic in the book, from the distracting of the referee and to the use of Konnan, their manager. Though the numbers were against Styles and Daniels, they still managed to get the win with a collaborated effort taking out all three of the LAX thugs!

Winners & STILL NWA World Tag Team Champions: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

Before our main event, Christian Cage was backstage guaranteeing that he was going to ensure with all his power that Sting walks out tonight with the possession of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He proclaimed that tonight there would be a new era in TNA once Sting wins the title, and if it was indeed Jeff Jarrett trying to weasel out of this match with the lighting of a fire earlier in the night, then he has sunken to a new all-time low!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:

“THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN” JEFF JARRETT © vs. STING

Accompanied to the ring with Sting was Christian Cage. Going into this match, Sting is looking to gain his second NWA World Heavyweight Title reign, with his first being won on July 7, 1990 when he defeated Ric Flair. However, tonight there is far more at stake because Sting is looking to remove Jarrett who he has claimed numerous times to be the cancer of TNA. In Jarrett’s corner though was the equalizer, the man with the largest arms and shortest fuse – Scott Steiner.

The confidence was brewing in Sting as he went forth with his game plan in bringing the fight to the stands. Wherever the fight went though, Scott Steiner wasn’t too far but nor was Christian Cage. Knowing the importance of this match, neither man would get involved for the time being.

Later we would see Scott Steiner become a distraction for Sting but once the referee’s attention shifted to Cage, Steiner would finally make contact with a chair shot on Sting’s left knee on the top rope. Christian was also then taken down with a suplex from Steiner on the outside. At this point, it became apparent that the cancer in TNA was spreading wider and wider to a point where Sting may not have enough room to survive in TNA.

Pressure was later applied to Sting’s injured knee with a figure four leg lock, but miraculously Sting was able to overthrow Jarrett and break out. That followed with great momentum in Sting’s corner but once he went for the pin count, Steiner was there to break it up. Cage was irate and wanted to pound Steiner with a steel chair, but referee Rudy Charles warned Christian that if he used it he would be ejected from ringside. So while Cage and the referee were arguing, Steiner gave Jarrett the NWA World Title to use against Sting but instead Cage managed to get Sting the belt for the hit on Jarrett. Following this was a steel chair shot by Cage onto Jarrett. Due to the confusion between Christian Cage and Scott Steiner and the importance of this match, both men were then ejected from ringside in a smart move by the referee.

However, later on we would see the referee knocked out of action and surprise, surprise we saw Scott Steiner return. He didn’t prove to be much of a factor as much as Christian Cage did though. While he did take out Jarrett and Steiner, he suddenly had a change of heart when he so crudely smashed the guitar over Sting’s face as he came down face first from the top rope. The fans were livid and so were Mike Tenay and Don West at the commentary booth. Jeff Jarrett got the pin count for the victory, as he still holds the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Winner & STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Jeff Jarrett

They must be trying to fix the problem still as they are stalling like crazy on air here.

Goddamn this is getting ridiculous, what do they even have to do here to get back on air? I dont even get WHY they are off-air here, it looks like everything was fixed by the end of that match and cleaning up the ring shouldnt take this long.

Ugh, now we get the Sting-Jarrett story twice in a row. The fuck?!!

This shit is bizzare, TNA better offer some small refund or something, maybe an extra half hour to the card if thats even possible (likely not).