TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

LWIB 8/14-8/20

I can't believe this is still on. I tried to go to bed over an hour ago and came downstairs, expecting to see Sportscenter. Instead, I'm watching this replay of Coco Crisp forgetting Fenway's outfield has a wall.

I can't really be too pissed with the bullpen; throw a bunch of young guys with little MLB experience and mix in some horrible veterans and this is what you get.

Yay Coco. Now can you HIT the ball sometime this season?

It's pretty much throwing a dart at the wall at this point outside of Papelbon.

Coco is something like 1-323 in this series. He's this year's Rentaria.

Guest StylesMark

Another game...in less than 12 hours.

These guys have to be tired...

I am.

Jon Miller: "The Yanks now lead Boston by 5 1/2 in the West." Someone give gramps a road map.

SoSH (as usual) is blaming Francona. What good can he do with a bullpen like that? Though the bunt call was inexcusable.

On the bright side, this may open the door for young guys like Dustin Pedroia coming up and getting a bit of time in September.

Man the Red Sox gave that one away. The team never bunts, so they decide to bunt with Ortiz as the lead runner? Overthinking. Go with what has been working all season, don't put guys in situations they aren't used to.

The Red Sox pen is a disaster but a lot of that is that the starting pitching is a disaster. The pen just has too work too much.

I swear, everytime I see Giambi on TV, he hits a HR. And another thing, I didn't see the whole game, but don't the Sox have pinch runners on their bench?

I wonder when the last 5 game series sweep was..

Answering my own question..

Red Sox had a 5 game sweep of the Orioles in 2002, Astros had a 5 game sweep of the Padres in 1969...The Yankees had a 5 game sweep of the White Sox in 1964 and the Boston Beaneaters had a 5 game sweep of the Giants in 1891.

Thats all I could find.

Guest Princess Leena

K. The Sawks are done. Please rain in Boston so I can watch Martina Hingis. Thanks.

And another thing, I didn't see the whole game, but don't the Sox have pinch runners on their bench?

Yeah, but you can't take Ortiz out of the game

Well I figured that it was unlikely that Ortiz would bat again.