TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DRH 502

UFC 63: Hughes vs. St. Pierre Part Duex

Guest DRH 502

Thus far...

Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre for the UFC Welterweight Title

Jason Lambert vs. Rashad Evans (confirmed)

Rumoured:

David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick

Melvin Guillard vs. Gabe Ruediger

Jens Pulver vs. Joe Lauzon

Shaping up to be a great card thus far. Swick/Loiseau should give us a better gauge of Swick's stand up skill, and whether or not he would even stand a chance against Franklin. Personally, I think Swick needs to drop to 170 or pack on some muscle because being so skinny at 185 is a distinct disadvantage.

I know nothing about Guillard or Pulver's opponents, i'm just hoping to see some sick highlight reel KO's.

Lambert vs. Evans i'm not too stoked about, cause I really really have no desire to watch Rug and hug Evans dry hump his way to decision.

Hughes/St. Pierre is like...WHOA. *Insert Cliches* its gonna be a war. 2 guys imposing will blah blah */insert cliches*

Yeah but its gonna be a tremendous fight. St. Pierre as much as he has improved still shows vulnerablility to the take down (see vs. Penn although I will admit Trigg or Sherk couldn't do it) and I don't think Matt Hughes has met a dude he couldn't take down (besides Penn but thats another ball of wax). St. Pierre isn't hungry, dude is STARVING. He wants this bad. I'll bet motherfucker sleeps with a headset playing the airhorn and the commentary from the first fight over and over realising if he would have just held on he could have made it to the bell. On the flipside, Matt Hughes is in the best shape of his life. He has packed on muscle, he has never been more confident, and his submission game just improves vastly from fight to fight.

I don't think i've ever been more excited for a fight in my life. I am kinda doubting that i'm gonna order UFC 62, but this one for sure gets my 40 bucks...as much as I hate to give it to them. If only I could wait a week and just buy the DVD for a mere 4 dollars but nope. My fanboyism won't allow it.

Sorry for starting a new thread by the way, this is my first time and I promise I won't make a habit of it. Later today I will set up the Picks Contest for 62...

Hixson by Armbar~! LOLZ.

Tong is like the hyena of MMA knowledge. Just when you think you've made a clean kill and are sitting down for a good meal..........*BLAM*. He shows up and makes the food more difficult to digest.

*dickish hyena cackle*

But I'll concede that the fight was far too long ago to matter much nowadays, if you concede that your love for St. Pierre borders on homosexual.

EDIT: before this can be turned around on me, there's approximately 3 guys per weight class that I have admitted homosexual feelings for.

Kid, Penn and Mark Coleman.

Anyways, his fight with Menjivar had Ivan actually outweighing him at 170. That's how long ago it was. I also think it was his first fight. Talk about REACHING here.

I've got a hard time getting excited for these cards after the last few have been depleted with real talent and have featured KOTC cans like Walmsley and that guy that got choked out by Mike Nickels.

So no one wants to compete in ultra fun picks contests? Fine then.

Just a bad time of year for it. Fantasy football and all that...

Co-sign. I'm going to be wrapped up with Fantasy Football.

Guest DRH 502

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn for the UFC Welterweight Title

-David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick

-Jens Pulver vs. Joe Lauzon

-Jason Lambert vs. Rashad Evans

-Melvin Guillard vs. Gabe Ruediger

-Jorge Gurgel vs. Danny Abaddi

-Roger Huerta vs. Jason Reinhardt

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier. Attribute it to being stoned...

Guest DRH 502

As someone on another forum pointed out, they seem to be giving Jorge his first win...I have never saw him besides his TUF fights and the fight he lost last PPV, so I could be wrong about him but I personally think he is way over rated and if he can't be this dude he shouldn't get a chance to fight on a UFC card again. I don't think there is anyone stupid enough to believe he has even the slightest chance at winning the LW belt.

Also, they announced KenFlo(AHAHAHAHA) vs. Sean Sherk for the LW title for UFC 64.They could have came up with a better match up than that...

I don't like Florian but I like even less the idea of Sherk cutting to 155 and immediatly getting a title shot. Whoever wins I hope Spencer Fisher gets the first crack at them and stomps their ass.

I don't like Florian but I like even less the idea of Sherk cutting to 155 and immediatly getting a title shot. Whoever wins I hope Spencer Fisher gets the first crack at them and stomps their ass.

Odd circumstances aside, Florian did completely humiliate a guy Spencer was simply too dumb to beat.

GSP getting injured sucked the fun out of this show for a minute but I'm more hyped on this one then I was on 62. Hughes/Penn, Loiseau/Swick and all of the LW fights should deliver and the HW fight most likely won't make air.

GSP getting injured sucked the fun out of this show for a minute but I'm more hyped on this one then I was on 62. Hughes/Penn, Loiseau/Swick and all of the LW fights should deliver and the HW fight most likely won't make air.

Pretty much the same here.

I was looking forward to seeing St. Pierre possibly win the title, but that wont be possible until Decemeber 30th now.

But this card has the possibly to be a great one.

The problem I have is that only 1 of the LW fights is actually a decent LW fight. Pulver, Lauzon, & Reinhardt are not true LW's, Abaddi is being brought in to lose, and Gurgel is a gay stripper.

Now, the silver lining here is that with the abundance of cards the UFC is going to be having now, they might be setting up for a possible featherweight division. Of course, that's unlikely.

Is there a ranking ladder up to Franklin? Considering Loiseau has already lost (great fight) it seems odd that he'd get another shot at Franklin so soon assuming he beat Swick. On the other hand, if Swick takes it that's the blatantly obvious match.

Looking for another Swickatine on Saturday.

The Marquart situation, IMO, all depends on his ability to finish his opponent at UFN in October.

UFC was ready to give Jeff Monson the first crack the winner of Sylvia/Arlovski at UFC 59 but because he put on a fairly mediocre fight against Marcio Cruz they made him wait and gave him a prelim fight on UFC 61 in the hopes that he'd look stronger, according to Jeff. I see the same thing happening with Nate here. If he takes the guy to another decison then the winner of Swick/Loiseau will probably get the shot. If he finishes the guy then we'll most likely see Marquart vs the winner of Swick/Loiseau sometime in December or January for a title shot.

Is there a ranking ladder up to Franklin? Considering Loiseau has already lost (great fight) it seems odd that he'd get another shot at Franklin so soon assuming he beat Swick. On the other hand, if Swick takes it that's the blatantly obvious match.

Looking for another Swickatine on Saturday.

Who knows Franklin will be even champion after October 14th.

I won't be looking for a Swickatine, I'll be looking for Loiseau smashing Swick's face in.

I won't be looking for a Swickatine, I'll be looking for Loiseau smashing Swick's face in.

I'll be happy with either outcome. I'm a big fan of Loiseau but have enjoyed Swick steamrolling everyone. This'll be the fight I care about the most on Saturday. Personally I have no real interest in Hughes vs Penn as GSP was the far more exciting matchup.

I can;t see any other outcome than Hughes beating the hell out of Penn and getting his win back.

Loiseau throwing bows is always a good thing for me,

I can;t see any other outcome than Hughes beating the hell out of Penn and getting his win back.

Don't be shock to see Penn win, because Penn's style is perfect for beating Hughes.

In order for Hughes to win, I think he needs to wait until Penn gasses like usual and then proceed to take him down and ground and pound. I can't see Hughes submitting or TKOing Penn, but I can see him winning a desicion.

The problem with Penn is his motivation, I doubt he will come into this fight for a win rather then a payday. But even so his style still is a bad matchup for Hughes.

I'm predicting Hughes by desicion, but I'm not going to be suprised if Penn wins again.