TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MFer

Your Wrestlemania Card

Alright, since Summer Slam is coming up and Survivor Series is only a few months away, I think it's time to look at possible Wrestlemania matchups. You guys come up with your ideal Mania card using the current roster. I came up with mine while getting bored to death in my summer sociology course. Obviously this would never happen in real life knowing McMahon.

Raw Matches

Cena vs. Orton

Kane vs. Umaga (Might as well.)

Benjamin/Haas vs. Kenny/Mikey-World Tag Titles

Nitro vs. Masters vs. Harry Smith vs. Carlito-I.C. Elimination Title Match

Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix-Women's Title (Hopefully their history will play out on T.V. well)

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy-Cage Match (Jeff can blame Edge for his family's problems.)

HBK vs. Flair-WWE Title (Why not have a face vs. face match between two legends? At least it's different.)

Smackdown Matches

London/Kendrick vs. Matt Hardy/Gregory Helms-WWE Tag Title Ladder Match

Chris Benoit vs. Finlay-U.S. Title

Rey Mysterio vs. Kid Kash-Cruiserweight Title

Batista vs. Lashley vs. JBL-#1 Contender's Match

King Booker vs. Kennedy-World Heavyweight Title

ECW Matches

Big Show vs. RVD vs. Sabu-ECW Rules #1 Contender's Match

CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle-ECW Title (This doesn't need to be an Extreme Rules match for it to be great.)

Inter-Promtional Match

HHH vs. Taker (No reason other than those are the only two big names left over.)

A couple notes:

-I'm making a few assumptions as to who's returning from injury or otherwise.

-Cena vs. Orton could be for the WWE Title instead of HBK vs. Flair.

-Edge vs. Jeff could be a #1 Contender's match for the I.C. or WWE Title.

-Hogan, Foley, Rock, and/or Austin could be incorporated into the show in some way.

World Title

Batista © Vs. Lashley

WWE Title

Edge © Vs. Carlito

ECW Title

Angle © Vs. CM Punk

Interpromotional Money In The Bank(2 wrestlers from SD!, RAW, and ECW)

Shelton Benjamin(RAW) Vs. Umaga(RAW) Vs. Mysterio(SD!) Vs. Benoit(SD!) Vs. The Sandman(ECW) Vs. Tommy Dreamer(ECW)

That's it for now... I would have to think about the mid card later, but those are the main matches I'd make.

WWE title match: John Cena vs Randy Orton

World Heavyweight title match: Batista vs Lashley

Old School vs Hardcore: Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat vs Mick Foley and Terry Funk

HHH and HBK vs Umaga and Shane Mcmahon

Money in the bank ladder match: Carlito vs Nitro vs Harry Smith vs Kennedy vs CM Punk vs Sabu

ECW title match: RVD vs Big Show in a Tables match

Undertaker vs Kevin Thorn

Tag title match: The Hardy Boyz vs Edge and Johnny Jeter

Mickie James and Kenny Doane vs Beth Pheniox and Mikey mondo

King Booker, Finlay and Regal vs Rey Jr., London and Kendrick

WWE Championship: Edge vs HBK

WH Championship: Undertaker vs Batista or Lashley

Legends Match: Austin vs Hogan

Cage Match/Street Fight/some gimmick match: HHH vs Cena and/or Orton

WWE Tag Team Championship: London & Kendrick vs Regal & Finlay

WWE Women's Championship: Mickie James vs Victoria

Ken Kennedy vs Rey Mysterio

Monster vs Monster: Kane vs Umaga

Either of these could be for IC title/US title:

Carlito vs Jeff Hardy

Harry Smith vs Shelton Benjamin

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Gregory Helms vs Mikey

Guest Kobe24KGold

John Cena vs. CM Punk - WWE champion vs. ECW champion

RVD vs. Angle

Sabu vs. New Jack

Shawn Michaels vs. Carlito

Edge vs. HHH

Batista vs. Big Show vs. Undertaker -- World Heavyweight Title

Undertaker vs. Mick Foley - Hell in a Cell II

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Randy Orton vs. Steve Austin

Umaga vs. Kane

I still think it's too early to try determine a WM card unless it's the Main Event(even that can change)

After Survivor Series and Royal Rumble you get a true gasp of what the fans wanted.

Remember when Orton/HHH was about to be built for WM21???? That didn't ended up happening because a certain guy(Batista) ended up becoming the most popular guy in the company.

I still think it's too early to try determine a WM card unless it's the Main Event(even that can change)

After Survivor Series and Royal Rumble you get a true gasp of what the fans wanted.

Remember when Orton/HHH was about to be built for WM21???? That didn't ended up happening because a certain guy(Batista) ended up becoming the most popular guy in the company.

Well I think it's more of a what you'd want to see thread, rather then what you thinks going to happen.

And what I'd want to see is Carlito and Kennedy nowhere near the main event for their respective brand.

That'd make for the first ever Wrestlemania main-event concession-stand run.

For my top matches:

WWE Title "Raw vs SmackDown" match:

John Cena vs The Undertaker

World Heavyweight Title match:

Rey Mysterio vs Rob Van Dam

ECW Title match:

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit

"Raw vs SmackDown" match:

Batista vs Randy Orton

Main Event: Austin vs Hogan....if both men agree to do this that is...and if they do...Hogan better job...or I'll be piseed.

Raw main event: John Cena vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship

Smackdown main event: King Booker vs Batista vs Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Title

ECW main event: Kurt Angle vs RVD for the ECW Title

Money in the Bank: Carlito vs Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk vs Lashley vs Sabu vs Chris Benoit.

HHH vs HBK...you know this whole DX thing will end up with one of them turning on each other

Undertaker vs Edge...streak vs streak....of course you know who wins this one.

And one last note...My Hall of Famers include...Owen Hart, The Rock, and Austin (even though he's competing in the match with Hogan)

I was trying to make it somewhat realistic...of course if I had it my way...The Rock and Austin would both be involved greatly. Maybe Keep Austin with Hogan but have The Rock vs Randy Orton continuing the whole Legend Killer gimmick.

For all the Cena/Orton hate that crops up on this board, a few people seem to want to see them feud. Of course that could be purely for the trainwreck potential of it all I suppose.

This is what I'd like to see (using the rosters as of today):

Hall of Fame: The Rock, Owen Hart, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Rick Rude and the Ultimate Warrior.

Legends Match:

Hulk Hogan -vs- Steve Austin

MITB:

Shelton Benjamin -vs- Jeff Hardy -vs- Ken Kennedy -vs- Lashley -vs- CM Punk -vs- Sabu

ECW:

ECW Championship:

Kurt Angle © -vs- RVD

RAW:

WWE Championship:

Edge © -vs- HBK -vs- HHH (HHH turns on HBK to win the title)

Intercontinental Championship:

Randy Orton © -vs- Carlito in a gimmick match

John Cena -vs Umaga (Cena ends Umaga's streak)

Smackdown:

World Championship:

Batista © -vs- The Undertaker

United States Championship:

Chris Benoit © -vs- Rey Misterio 2/3 Falls

Some filler matches with:

Booker T, Kane, Finlay, Regal, Matt Hardy, Big Show, Johnny Nitro, and the Spirit Squad guys.

I'd also like to have a Tag Team Championship unification match.

What would Cena gain from ending Umaga's streak? If someone should do it, it should be someone like Harry Smith, who can gain somthing off it.

World Title Match

Batista© vs Benoit: This happens because Benoit returns in Canada a month before the PPV. Batista and Benoit are in a tag match and Batista turns on Benoit setting this up and the heel turn that people want from Batista.

WWE Title Match

HHH© vs Umaga: Vince is still high on the undefeated Samoan Bulldozer. This is a throw-a-way match much like HHH vs Booker was. Umaga hurts HHH and is then not seen from again.

ECW World Title Match

Rob Van Dam© vs CM Punk: Punk wins the Rumble and this match is the result.

SmackDown! Tag Team Championship

The Teacher's Pets© vs The Hardy Boyz: TLC match

Raw Tag Team Champtionship

Harry Smith/Teddy Hart© vs Johnny Jeter/Nicky: This is the tag team they keep together once the Spirit Squad breaks up.

ECW Tag Team Titles

Test/Knox© vs Doring and Roadkill: They just keep feeding people to Test and Knox.

Cruiserweight Title Match

Shane Helms© vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Jimmy Yang vs Jamie Knoble vs Billy Kidman

Woman's Title Match

Micky James© vs Torrie Wilson: Thrown in at the last minute

US Title Match

Finley© vs William Regal: The match we have been waiting for. Fit finally turns face after a beat down from Regal after a tag team match.

Intercontinental Title Match

Chris Masters(s) vs Ric Flair: A match none of us have been waiting to see.

Interpromotional Money in the Bank Ladder Match

From Raw: Carlito, Shelton, Nitro

From SmackDown!: Ken Kennedy, Booker T

From ECW: Sabu

John Cena vs Monty Brown

Edge vs Rey Mysterio

Kane/Undertaker vs Big Show/Sylvester Turkay

I know some of the people aren't on the roster Like Monty Brown, Teddy Hart, Benoit and so forth. These are people I think might sign with WWE or return from injury.

It's time to play... 13 Match Wrestlemania Russian Roster Roulette....

Raw:

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Johnny Jeter - IC Championship

Umaga vs. Edge - Umaga turns face after being eliminated from the Rumble thanks to the McMahons realizing they can't control their monster. Edge is called in and it becomes undefeated WM streak vs. undefeated match streak.

John Cena vs. Ken Doane - Doane disappears from the Squad and reappears at the Rumble, taking Cena out of it to prove that he is more than "just some cheerleader".

Mickie James © vs. Beth Pheonix - Women's Championship

HHH © vs. HBK - HBK's final hoorah in the main event, HHH continues his WM losing streak by giving HBK the title in a well fought match. Cena appears during the celebration and attacks HBK, finally turning heel.

Smackdown:

Batista © vs. Randy Orton - Orton, sadly, wins the Rumble and jumps to Smackdown, last eliminating HBK.

Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy - Kennedy is defeated here after picking up an upset victory at No Way Out (and after eliminating Taker from the Rumble) thanks to Taker being busted open by Kennedy backstage earlier in the night. Kennedy attacks the cut like an animal and Taker simply passes out, allowing Kennedy to pick up a major upper-card win. His loss at WM will be more hard fought than most of the other Taker WM matches, with Kennedy trying to bust Taker open once again and this time failing to get the win.

Bobby Lashley © vs. Fit Finlay - US Championship

Chavo Guerrero © vs. Mitch (w/Nick & Mike) - The last three SS members jump to Smackdown, bash the cheerleader thing, but stay together as a team and Mitch ends up with a CW title shot at WM.

Kendrick/London © vs. Pitbulls vs. Teacher's Pets - Tag Team Elimination

ECW:

RVD © vs. Big Show (w/Bashams) - ECW Championship

Test vs. Knox (Test turns face after allowing Kelly to strip)

Interpromotional

Booker T vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk vs. Sabu vs. Carlito - MITB TLC Match. Booker T and Matt Hardy play heel. Sabu/Booker/Carlito likely winners.

Match Order & Times (considering a 4 hour show)

Kendrick/London vs. Pitbulls vs. Teacher's Pets (:16)

Test vs. Mike Knox (:10)

Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeter (:17)

Lashley vs. Finlay (:15)

Chavo vs. Mitch (:15)

Umaga vs. Edge (:15)

Cena vs. Doane (:17)

RVD vs. Show (:14)

HOF ceremony (:05)

MITB TLC (:21)

Mickie James vs. Beth Pheonix (:14)

Undertaker vs. Kennedy (:18)

HHH vs. HBK (:24)

Batista vs. Orton (:19)

That's 3:40 of action, add in the video packages and it would probably come in right around the four hour mark.

What would Cena gain from ending Umaga's streak? If someone should do it, it should be someone like Harry Smith, who can gain somthing off it.

That's a good point. As far as using Harry Smith goes, I didn't want to use anyone that isn't currently on TV. I used Jeff Hardy because he at least has vignette's airing.

Main Event: Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan - Self explanatory.

WWE Championship: John Cena© vs. Triple H - This was, IMO, one of the better Wrestlemania main events ever and the crowd reaction was insane. I'd like to see them do it again.

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit© vs. Batista - Benoit returns from hiatus as a tweener on a mission to destroy everything in his path to the World Title. After winning it, Batista wins the Royal Rumble and faces him at WM.

Interpromotional Match: Edge vs. Undertaker - Edge ends the streak.

WWE Tag Team Championship - TLC: The Pitbulls © vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Kendrick and London - this match would just be FUN.

Shawn Michaels vs. Johnny Nitro: Nitro idolizes Michaels and is trying to be the "new HBK", Michaels sees this and takes him under his wing, briefly turning Nitro face.. Nitro quickly turns on him leading to a WM match that Nitro wins.

Money In The Bank 3: Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Idol Stevens vs. Sabu vs. Test

WWE United States Championship: Ken Doane © vs. Mr. Kennedy - Doane is the heel champion after coming over from RAW and he defends against newly turned face Mr. Kennedy.

Interpromotional Match: Sylvester Terkay vs. Umaga - The "unstoppable force" of each show collide.

Harry Smith vs. Randy Orton: This storyline pretty much writes itself.

ECW World Title Match - Extreme Rules: Big Show © vs. RVD - The biggest match ECW could do besides Angle and RVD, which should happen at their December PPV.

Submission Match: Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk - A feud most people want to see becomes a reality.

WWE Championship: John Cena© vs. Triple H - This was, IMO, one of the better Wrestlemania main events ever and the crowd reaction was insane. I'd like to see them do it again.

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit© vs. Batista - Benoit returns from hiatus as a tweener on a mission to destroy everything in his path to the World Title. After winning it, Batista wins the Royal Rumble and faces him at WM.

WWE Tag Team Championship - TLC: The Pitbulls © vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Kendrick and London - this match would just be FUN.

Shawn Michaels vs. Johnny Nitro: Nitro idolizes Michaels and is trying to be the "new HBK", Michaels sees this and takes him under his wing, briefly turning Nitro face.. Nitro quickly turns on him leading to a WM match that Nitro wins.

Money In The Bank 3: Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Idol Stevens vs. Sabu vs. Test

WWE United States Championship: Ken Doane © vs. Mr. Kennedy - Doane is the heel champion after coming over from RAW and he defends against newly turned face Mr. Kennedy.

Interpromotional Match: Sylvester Terkay vs. Umaga - The "unstoppable force" of each show collide.

ECW World Title Match - Extreme Rules: Big Show © vs. RVD - The biggest match ECW could do besides Angle and RVD, which should happen at their December PPV.

Submission Match: Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk - A feud most people want to see becomes a reality.

I wouldn't mind seeing this card. I'm just wondering what your reasoning was for putting Test and Idol Stevens in the MITB. I haven't seen any of Idol. Is he really that promising?

This card isn't half bad, but you left out Lashley.

I wouldn't mind seeing this card. I'm just wondering what your reasoning was for putting Test and Idol Stevens in the MITB. I haven't seen any of Idol. Is he really that promising?

From what I've seen of Idol Stevens he seems to have some talent and tons of charisma, plus he has the look Vince likes. KC James seems really bland and I can see them splitting that team up before too long to get Idol his singles push.

As far as Test, I just think the match needs one big guy to pull off some power spots. Powerbombing guys off the ladder or through a table or something. Although as EHME pointed out I forgot Lashley, so you could put Sandman or Dreamer in the MITB instead of Test, then put Lashley in Stevens' place as the power guy.

Main Event: Austin vs Hogan - Ideally Hogan would do the job.

Hall Of Fame Ceremony here...

WWE Championship: Edge © vs Carlito - I'd have Carlito win the Rumble, and put him over hard here... but let Edge walk out with the belt.

World Heavyweight Championship: Batista © vs The Undertaker - Good entertaining face match up that most people would eat up.

Street Fight: Kane vs Umaga - Umaga would pick up the victory after no selling the chokeslam Goldberg style.

Interpromotional Match: Triple H vs Lashley - Triple H turns heel again when Lashley eliminates him from the Rumble. Triple H takes him out, and seems to stop what would be Lashley's big Rumble victory. Ideally Lashley would win in a great... clean manner.

Diva Stuff here...

Money In The Bank 3: John Cena vs Shelton Benjamin vs Randy Orton vs Mr Kennedy vs Matt Hardy vs Rey Mysterio - John Cena wins the Money in The Bank.

WWE Tag Team Championship: London & Kendrick © vs Burke & Terkay - Burke and Terkay become new champions.

IC Championship: Johnny Nitro © vs Harry Smith - Harry Smith wins the IC title after a Running Powerslam.

US Title: William Regal © vs Finlay vs Hardcore Holly - Just a good stiff match... doesn't matter who would win here.

Ken Doane vs Shawn Michaels - Doane has just defected from the Squad and Michaels is left with nothing to do while HHH goes after Lashley. Doane wins in a major way here.

Open Cruiserweight Championship Battle Royal - CM Punk would win this one.

If we're looking at ideal cards, there's only one match I can think of which I'd be desperate to see on a Mania card, which is Undertaker vs. Chris Benoit.

I would LOVE that. Taker/Benoit would really work well, IMO.

WRESTLEMANIA : THE LAST CHANCE

MAIN EVENT #1

Hulk Hogan vs Steve Austin

Everyones WrestleMania match

MAIN EVENT #2

The Rock vs John Cena

Just imagine the promos.

RAW WORLD TITLE MATCH

HHH vs Edge

SMACKDOWN WORLD TITLE MATCH

Batista vs Lashley (who wins the Rumble)

Kane vs OOOOOMAGA

LEGEND KILLER VS HARDCORE LEGEND

Randy Orton vs Sabu

Shawn Michaels vs Johnny Nitro

TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH

London/Kendrick vs Pitbulls

Hardy Boyz vs Finlay/Regal

ECW WORLD TITLE

Rob Van Dam vs CM Punk

The Undertaker vs Chris Benoit

MONEY IN THE BANK

Sylvester Terkay vs Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito vs Haas vs Rey Misterio vs Kurt Angle

Those two main events are WWE's last hope for a big buyrate. I'd actually buy this pay-per-view.