TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

What are the predictions for Sat night? I'm going with Barrerra by decision.

I probably wont watch either ppv this weekend as I will probably have to go out and live up to my heritage.

"Me either, well not too much anyway. His loss to Sanders I almost blame on his corner since Wlad was ice cold coming out of the lockerroom, when any common idiot knows your boxer should be warming up and in mid-sweat by the time he enters the ring."

I barely remember the fight but that would explain a lot.

"Against Brewster, it seemed like conditioning, as he got up and wasn't wobbly at all, just tired as hell. I still don't quite understand that fight, but it would explain why Wlad is way more picky about throwing punches now then before."

I remember hearing all sorts of strange stories about that fight, not sure what to believe. I heard about Wlad being possibly drugged, Wlad's skin pores being suffocated by some sort of lotion from an ill advised rub down before the fight. It all sounds goofy as hell to me, but after watching the fight at the time; it does some wierd. At any rate, Wlad getting gassed is the simplest and most grounded explantation so I'll go with that.

And Ill go with Barrera decision also.

Jermain Taylor's probably going to fight Cory Spinks. Taylor fights so many Jr. Middles that I want Spinks to knock him out.

It looks Oleg/Vitali is pretty much a done deal for June 2. Peter will be facing the winner for a huge stand aside fee. I think Peter/Oleg would be more competitive and fun, but who knows what kind of shape Vitali is in. Oleg might have a chance but my gut feeling just says he's looking for a payday to retire with.

Unforunately, Briggs/Sultan has took their venue and date....eh.

Anybody catch the Carbajal-Gonzalez replays on VS last night? Their first fight remains one of my favorites, ever.

I didn't order the Marquez-Barrera fight. Judging by the RBR, I wish I had. It's almost over.

Marquez wins a lopsided, controversial decision.

Thank God. I've been following him since he fought on local tv, lol.

At least we'll get JMM-Pac 2. Can't really complain about that.

There's no way that Marquez will drop the belt to keep from fighting Manny, as Manny's his mando. NO WAY.

The judges, the ref, the commission were all on crack during the Barrera/Marquez fight there is no way in hell that Marquez won 119-108, 115-111, 117-110 what the hell were they watching were they all drunk or what? Barrera won the first three rounds but even then it was still too close to call when both fighters were going 3 minutes of total nonstop slugging throwing crazy punches and not just boring jabs to keep distance but insane numbers of power punches and combos up close something like 100 per round especially when they heard the end of the round call which resulted in both fighters throwing combos like crazy! They both were in the middle of the ring for the fight up until the round 10 when they finally got tired and began to clinch. Round 7 is controversal due to the questionable knockdown where both guys gave everything they had in one punch with Barrera connecting with a left but Marquez missing and "slipped and fell" with his punch and was in frozen animation for like a minute on all fours then Barrera hit him while he was down. The ref did not call it a knockdown nor gave a penalty but the judges took notice. From round 8-12 it was again back to being too close to call with both guys thinking they had to throw every combo they known out there at hyper speed to steal a round and apparently Marquez won those rounds with his power punches and aggression.

When you see somebody dazed and confused with their ass sticking up in the air expecting some anal you better damn well call the fight off! The fight should of ended at round 7. If anything it should of been a draw.

As Emmanuel Stewart said "I'm confused"

Oscar says Marquez/MAB 2 has been penciled in for 9/16.

Larry Merchant did a Tony Schiavonie by asking for a rematch before the fight began!

Mexican Independence Day.

May 5 would of been a better date since it is the Mexican St. Patrick Day....yet another excuse to get drunk.

The rematch would not be a month and 1/2 later on the same day as Oscar-PBF.

Nor is that day the 'Mexican St Patricks day'.

Vargas and Mayorga could be fighting on May 5th.

That's a real MEXICAN fight, LOLZ. I'm obviously referencing their quotes toward De La Hoya in the past. You couldn't pay me to watch that fight, unless tickets were like, 10 bucks.

Boxrec has it listed for Vegas at the moment but that can definitly change.

LA would be very fitting considering how they both came up at the Forum.

Antonio Tarver says his next fight will be vs. Elvir Muriqi on Sunday, April 22nd...and will be on ABC.

ABC shows boxing?

The rematch would not be a month and 1/2 later on the same day as Oscar-PBF.

Nor is that day the 'Mexican St Patricks day'.

There is a parade and people get drunk how isn't it the same type of celebrated holiday? When people comment about either holiday they think of one thing, beer not of independence day or leprechauns chasing snakes off the island using a box of lucky charms no they think of buying expensive imported beer from that celebrated country. Its the same deal cause capitalism says so.

Yeah I guess having the rematch on the same day as the boss's big fight would not be a good idea since Marquez/Barrera 2 would be a better fight.

Antonio Tarver says his next fight will be vs. Elvir Muriqi on Sunday, April 22nd...and will be on ABC.

ABC shows boxing?

According to Mason Dixon they will. I hope they do anyway, I miss the days of network boxing. When I started following the sport there would be regular weekend fight cards on both CBS & ABC with Fox getting in on the act every now and again. It disappeared entirely for awhile but returned on NBC in 2003/4. Supposedly the ratings for that series were good, the fights themselves definitly were entertaining, but it never returned.

Can we get the long-awaited removal of razateca for his above ethnic slurs?

It's an (un)funny generalization at worse not an out right I hate so and so rant. Boxing was good on cable when USA network had the Tuesday Night Fights yeah it wasn't great but at least it was something as of recent I think Fox Sports Net is going a decent job with its Best Damn Boxing specials that had James Toney, Evan Field, and other heavyweights featured.

It's an (un)funny generalization at worse not an out right I hate so and so rant. Boxing was good on cable when USA network had the Tuesday Night Fights yeah it wasn't great but at least it was something as of recent I think Fox Sports Net is going a decent job with its Best Damn Boxing specials that had James Toney, Evan Field, and other heavyweights featured.

Hey now, I grew up on Tuesday Night Boxing.......it was awesome.

I grew up on Mike Tyson and De La Hoya fights. Seriously, fights involving those two are the ones I most remember. Even growing up on Oscar, I loved whoever he was fighting, and the best example of it was Ike Quartey.