TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Box Office Report...

1 1 Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Sony $14,100,000 -36.3% 3,741 -66 $3,769 $114,686,000 $72.50 3

2 N Snakes on a Plane NL $13,850,000 - 3,555 - $3,895 $15,250,000 - 1

3 3 World Trade Center Par. $10,800,000 -42.3% 2,998 +41 $3,602 $45,005,000 $65 2

4 N Accepted Uni. $10,112,000 - 2,914 - $3,470 $10,112,000 - 1

5 2 Step Up BV $9,867,000 -52.2% 2,639 +172 $3,738 $39,448,000 $12 2

6 4 Barnyard: The Original Party Animals Par. $7,489,000 -22.8% 3,227 -84 $2,320 $45,995,000 $51 3

7 12 Little Miss Sunshine FoxS $5,675,000 +118.0% 691 +538 $8,212 $12,756,000 $8 4

8 6 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest BV $5,012,000 -30.8% 2,277 -664 $2,201 $401,053,000 $225 7

9 N Material Girls MGM $4,620,000 - 1,509 - $3,061 $4,620,000 - 1

10 5 Pulse Dim. $3,528,000 -57.0% 2,323 - $1,518 $14,704,000 - 2

11 8 The Descent Lions $2,450,000 -46.9% 1,720 -375 $1,424 $22,333,000 - 3

12 9 Zoom SonR $2,400,000 -46.8% 2,501 - $959 $9,008,000 - 2

Snakes didn't do anywhere as well as people thought. Maybe it will have legs.

Snakes released too late to take advantage. It had HUGE buzz early in the summer and the brains decided to hold it off til all the buzz died down. The film should have been out June or July at the latest.

I knew Snakes wouldn't take the number one spot.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the power of the NASCAR crowd.

Nice to see "The Descent" is still pulling in cash. Sure, it's not even in the top ten, but still...

Snakes was #1 if you count the Thursday night numbers, which boxofficemojo does not. Other sites do.

I understood why they held it off until August so they would face no competition, but I think you're right, the buzz had pretty much died

I'm kind of glad the buzz has died. Sure, I enjoyed it, but I was also sick of hearing about it.

Whats the deal with ZOOM, I thought all Tim Allen kiddie movies did well at the box office.

People saw the movie when it was called "Sky High".

Guest NYankees

Material Girls BOOOMMMMBBBEEEDDDDDDDDD. The movie just opened at number 10. There goes Hailey Duff's acting career.

I knew Snakes wouldn't take the number one spot.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the power of the NASCAR crowd.

Nice to see "The Descent" is still pulling in cash. Sure, it's not even in the top ten, but still...

NASCAR has nothing to do with the success, it's all about will Ferrell.

Material Girls BOOOMMMMBBBEEEDDDDDDDDD. The movie just opened at number 10. There goes Hailey Duff's acting career.

No, it didn't. It cost nothing to make, had a decent per-sceen average and was in line with distributor expectations. These movies tend to do well on DVD.

Actually no, it didn't. It will easily make a profit cause it didn't cost hardly anything to make. Now if the film for some ungodly reason had cost like 100 million to make, then yes it would be a bomb.

The only recent movies that deserve a bomb tag I can think of are The Alamo and Chronicles of Riddick.

Poseidon, I forgot about that one.

I was forced to take my eight year old cousin to the Haylie Duff movie. Oh my sweet Jesus, I haven't gotten that bored and irritated in a long time. The older one is still hotter though.

Little Miss Sunshine is a spectacular movie, btw.

2Gold, get this. I took a look on boxofficemojo.com and Chronicles of Riddick made 115 million worldwide (it cost 105 million). Poseidon has made 180 million worldwide with a 160 million budget. Neither has been a Pluto Nash level disaster.

The 2004 Alamo however? Oh God. It made 25 million or so worldwide and cost 107 to make....that is a FLOP! Pluto Nash by the way made 7 million worldwide and cost 100 million.

Guest NYankees
2Gold, get this. I took a look on boxofficemojo.com and Chronicles of Riddick made 115 million worldwide (it cost 105 million). Poseidon has made 180 million worldwide with a 160 million budget. Neither has been a Pluto Nash level disaster.

The 2004 Alamo however? Oh God. It made 25 million or so worldwide and cost 107 to make....that is a FLOP! Pluto Nash by the way made 7 million worldwide and cost 100 million.

2002 was the year of Eddie Murphy. He had I-Spy, Pluto Nash and some other horrible movie come out that year.

I was struggling to find the Worldwide totals for Riddick and Poseidon. I know Poseidon totally collapsed in on itself here, wasn't sure about foreign totals. So thanks, I retract my statement on those two movies.

Pluto Nash, god that film was horrible and I have no IDEA why it cost 100 million. Alamo was a good film, again I'm not sure why it cost 107 million to make.

I feel like there is another we are forgetting. Not sure what though. And no, it's not Superman Returns for the jokers.

Snakes didn't do anywhere as well as people thought. Maybe it will have legs.

For some reason the thought of snakes having actually legs made me laugh.

I was forced to take my eight year old cousin to the Haylie Duff movie. Oh my sweet Jesus, I haven't gotten that bored and irritated in a long time. The older one is still hotter though.

You can't possibly think Haylie is hotter then Hilary? She's so hideous.

Yea, Little Miss Sunshine rocked it

Hilary Duff sure seems to be sure-fire box office poison.

2002 was the year of Eddie Murphy. He had I-Spy, Pluto Nash and some other horrible movie come out that year.

Showtime I think.

And if you guys want to see some real bombs, check out this article.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=131054

I'd give it to Haylie til she couldn't walk no more. The most I'd do with Hilary is make her clean my toilet.

Her movies don't make much money, but they're so low budgeted that they end up turning a profit. MGM also put no money into marketing or screening MG, so this one should make easy money.

Looking at that list- I don't know how Town and Country ever got made for that much.

I'd give it to Haylie til she couldn't walk no more. The most I'd do with Hilary is make her clean my toilet.

264346.jpg

That?

That nose is just....so horrible. The way she rides her sisters coattails is embarassing. To quote Doug Benson:

There's a Haylie Duff? Now you're just making shit up!

Black haired Haylie, ten times hotter than skinny stick Hilary any day of the week. You can love Hilary bob, I got no problems with that. But my taste, Haylie from MAXIM over Hilary lately.

Though Hilary wins the battle of the legs.

I didn't know that was possible, but I respect your opinion. (I guess?)

I interviewed Lukas Haas about the movie and he told me how bad it was and how he hated it. Seeing that he had to kiss Haylie, I understand why.

Hillary used to be really pretty, until she became so anorexic and became a skeleton. Haylie's cuter now.