TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 8/21 - 8/27

Guest NYankees

I miss hearing Jerome from Manhattan on WFAN. Last time he called he up he stated that he was pretty sick and doctors ordered him to stop listening to the WFAN.

Joe Torre has been getting beaten up on WFAN all weekend for his management of the bullpen. Now granted he's been overworking Villone, and granted he maybe should have used Rivera in a tie/close situation rather than letting him sit for 4 days...but the complete outrage that some of these callers have is uncalled for. I thought we could all relax for a bit after the Boston massacre.

Oh, and my favorite call of the weekend, the guy who thinks we should trade A-Rod and Wang to the Marlins for Cabrera and Willis :lol:

I'd do that trade. Regardless of how good Wang has been, Willis is better. And sure Cabrera doesn't have all the tools of A-Rod, but hes a incredible hitter, and they both get paid little to nothing! Unless your laughing at this trade for the fact this caller thinks the Marlins would accept it.

edit: Jerome!! HAHA. I bet that guy had a heart attack. HAHA.

I thought one of the positives of Jacque Jones was supposed to be his defense. Is that incorrect, or did he just wait to start playing the outfield like a little leaguer once he joined the Cubs?

Unless your laughing at this trade for the fact this caller thinks the Marlins would accept it.

Yeah, and he made it sound like we'd be doing them a favor. This is the Marlins, who's entire team makes less money than A-Rod. That has firesales every five years. The guy was like convinced that it was a "great deal for the Yankees"...well no shit!

I would do the trade in a second, obviously.

I heard a Jerome the other day and I was so disapointed that it wasn't the Jerome

Anyone know that old woman who was always like coughing and choking during her calls? Miriam from Forrest Hills I think? Always called Steve Somers. I heard she passed away recently :(

"The Giants are now only a half game out of the Wild Card."

2 full games, actually. Your remaining schedule if about half/half with teams above .500. You're correct, tho, this is by far the worst National League since I began watching baseball in 1990.

If the Giants can get wins on the road with the Cards, beat up the Reds again, hold off the streaky Padres, and catch the Dodgers for the last series relaxing, they have as good as shot as any.

I honestly believe, not being just a homer, that with the easy schedule and recently good pitching & leadership w/ their young stars, the WC is the Phillies to take. But the Giants and WHITE-HOT MARLINS comebacks have been cool.

Okay I need to get my eyes checked...I was looking at San Diego when glancing at the standings. Still the N.L. can suck my dick. Two years in a row the Giants get to be terrible but stay in the hunt.

Guest Felonies!
But the Giants and WHITE-HOT MARLINS comebacks have been cool.

Okay, no, there's nothing cool about a Giants comeback. I'd despise that entire organization and fanbase a lot more if I didn't have such a full plate with the Astros and White Sox. (Strangely, I'm ambivalent to the Cardinals. They build talent well and their fans are polite and smart.) As it stands, I just make fun of them for Barry Bonds, and the team being really old.

Guest Felonies!

You know, we could've had Rafael Furcal if we didn't tell him to cut back on the sauce. And then who would've broken Derrek Lee's wrist? (With our luck, Jose Macias as a late-inning replacement for the Dodgers)

I want to feel good about this game, but the fact that the Cubs have pretty much given the Cards all these runs isn't exactly encouraging. I'll take it for now, though.

Guest NYankees
Unless your laughing at this trade for the fact this caller thinks the Marlins would accept it.

Yeah, and he made it sound like we'd be doing them a favor. This is the Marlins, who's entire team makes less money than A-Rod. That has firesales every five years. The guy was like convinced that it was a "great deal for the Yankees"...well no shit!

I would do the trade in a second, obviously.

I heard a Jerome the other day and I was so disapointed that it wasn't the Jerome

Anyone know that old woman who was always like coughing and choking during her calls? Miriam from Forrest Hills I think? Always called Steve Somers. I heard she passed away recently :(

You are thinking of Doris from Rego Park. I think she died 4-5 years ago. She was a very knowledgeable Mets fan and yes she did cough all the time. I believe she also called up Joe Benigno as well due to him being a diehard Mets fan as well.

Guest Felonies!
These networks sure are playing up the race thing with Dusty. You can't fire a black manager, because that will make you a fucking racist. A fucking racist.

Did you catch "if I let Greg Maddux throw 167 pitches, you'd lynch me"?

It really pains me that the walking pile of crap that is Jeff Loria is going to fire the man who should realistically be the NL manager of the year after the season. The Marlins have a $15M payroll and are 3 games out of the wild card in the last week of August!

But Jeff got told to shut up by Joe Girardi (which he rightfully deserved) so now he's probably gonna fire him after the season.

Terrible.

Guest NYankees

Dusty Baker Quotes

Next year: Do the Cubs need to improve their on-base percentage next year? They currently rank last in the National League with a .318 OBP.

"On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me. The problem we have to address more than anything is the home run problem."

The guy is a Moron.

Mik, What do you think of the report stating that Girardi was almost fired a week or two ago?

Hey, maybe Girardi will go to the Cubs.

Or they renew Dusty's contract.

Man, I hope they renew Dusty's contract.

Guest Felonies!

I don't think they'd really fire Girardi. Girardi might walk out if his pride was so damaged by having to apologize to Loria in front of his players, in spite of all that "pssshhgeez whydahell would I go back to Chicago I got a pool here an' shit" talk" after it all, but I doubt it.

They'll probably extend Dusty for two more years, saying that he "never had a chance to prove himself" with all the missing players. How come Tony La Russa keeps proving himself when he's not supposed to?

Okay, no, there's nothing cool about a Giants comeback. I'd despise that entire organization and fanbase a lot more if I didn't have such a full plate with the Astros and White Sox. (Strangely, I'm ambivalent to the Cardinals. They build talent well and their fans are polite and smart.) As it stands, I just make fun of them for Barry Bonds, and the team being really old.

...but you still think I'm cool, right?

Yeah...I'm cool. The National League does blow. I keep getting alternately excited and depressed as the Astros half ass their way in and out of the WC race, but everybody's gotta believe that whichever NL team goes to the WS is gonna get their collective ass handed to them by the AL team that goes.

Yesterday Loria was asked about Girardi and Loria refused to endorse him or mention him by name and the Palm Beach Post had an article this morning that all but guaranteed that he won't be back next season. The Post could be wrong, but they made it sound like a 100% certainty.

I hope Girardi gets fired so he can come back to the Yankees and be Torre's successor like he should have been all along. Either that or Bernie becomes player/coach and insists on putting himself in center field once a week.

Guest Felonies!

Most likely managers of the 2007 Cubs, in order

1. Dusty Baker

2. Lou Piniella

3. Bob Brenly

4. Shit, I dunno. Tony Pena.

Guest Felonies!

Chong, do you think Dusty is just doing really dumbshit roster management to see how long the announcers will defend him and say "you can't fire a black manager"?

It's funny, I said "Dusty's abundance of melanin has really kept his ass employed past the expiration date" and I got a thread bashing me for racism, and now here we are.

I'm not sure if he really just believes the guys he's playing are better than the ones he's benching or if he's subconciously not giving white players a fair shake. Let's look at the Theriot/Bynum platoon, which has become a "start Theriot every fifth game" situation or his insistence on beching Murton through various hot streaks.

The likely answer is he just values the wrong things in players, like speed (Bynum) or in other cases, vets.

Looks like the Cubs are about to blow it here.