TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 8/28 - 9/3

Anglesault, give it a rest. The entire game was decided on a three run home run with two outs. You file that directly under "shit happens." They didn't lose the game because Proctor sucks, or because Torre made the wrong decision. They lost because baseball is a contest of equally skilled teams, and sometimes the other team wins, even if you do everything right. And if you're going to flip out every time your team wins a close game, you really need to re-think your priorities.

And before you respond, let me remind you about our rules concerning pbps, and that you're on a short leash.

Anglesault? HAHAHA. Maybe if you checked my ip address or my email address you would realize that I am not Anglesault.

I hope Verne Gagne gets the same talking to about him bitching about the Twins.

I also recall in my last post trying to strike up debate as to why Torre left in a right hand pitcher when Granderson is horrible against lefties.

I'm not playing the IP or email address game. I'm going on you saying the EXACT same things he did. And why would a new poster know what Anglesault means? But that aside...

Why did Torre leave Proctor in instead of using Myers?

First off, we know Torre isn't going to use Rivera in this situation. He's got no reason to risk overusing his top bullpen arm with a sizeable lead in the pennant race. So Proctor's in. Inge is on first base with Granderson at bat. Yeah, Myers is probably better than Proctor in that specific matchup. But there are a few variables.

1. Granderson would need an extra base hit in that situation to tie the game, and a home run to win it. Both are unlikely outcomes in general no matter who the pitcher is.

2. If Myers fails to record the out, now you've got the same situation, two on, but now you're forced to take Myers out of the game, and you have to put in a worse right handed pitcher on the mound than Scott Proctor.

Maybe Torre brings in Myers. Detroit could pinch hit. Marcus Thames is sitting on the bench with a .902 OPS against lefties. Then you need to take out Myers for a lesser reliever, before he faces a batter. Then you've got a righty against Thames, and Thames' OPS is even higher against righties. It could be that Torre has a choice of Proctor vs. Granderson, or Farnsworth vs. Thames.

Man, it was pretty nice to see the Cards beat the crap out of somebody for a change.

Also, Mulder is most likely done for the season. Oh well, not like we'll miss the 7.14 ERA too much.

All these people complaining about have good players on their team. Would you care to have Freddie Bynum as your second baseman?

No. I'm happy with Brandon Phillips for the moment, but thanks for the kind offer. I hope you get that basement prize you're wishing for. If you are going to suck, do it with style.

2 weeks ago, quite a few anaylsts still believed the Angels would win the West. 2 weeks later, I look up at the records, and see Oakland has one of the best records in the league. Not just the West, but the league.

Yeah, they're for real. Let's see if they can finally win in the 1st round for once. Yankees/A's one more time would definitely have my attention. They series in the early 00s was classic stuff.

Yeah, they're for real. Let's see if they can finally win in the 1st round for once. Yankees/A's one more time would definitely have my attention. They series in the early 00s was classic stuff.

You'll only see Yankees/A's if its the ALCS. With the Wild Card a near lock to come out of the Central that means the Yakees or A's would meet the Wild Card winner depending on who ends up with the better record (Yankees currently are 2 games ahead of the A's).

Annnnd in other news...David Ortiz is fine, might be back next week.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...rticleid=155251

Guest NYankees
Hey, TheDon/NYankees, you're a stupid cunt.

Last time I checked this was for baseball discussion. I am the one who is getting yelled at and this poster is allowed to TROLL??? Wow.

Guest Felonies!

Fine. Baseball is the greatest American sport, and you're a cunt. There, I stayed on topic.

Guest Smues

Here's what I've noticed, NYankess always denies being Anglesault, but never denies being TheDon. But I don't remember TheDon ever getting banned.

Oh and huzzah for Ortiz being ok.

Just wait until the postseason when I actually wake up

Oh yeah, and baseball is the (second) greatest American sport

Guest NYankees
Fine. Baseball is the greatest American sport, and you're a cunt. There, I stayed on topic.

Wow you called me a cunt on an internet message board. You must be a tough little man to start shit on the internet. Yankees play the Tigers in an hour. Did the Marlins win again yesterday? I hope Joe G wins the manager of the year award for the national league.

Wow you called me a cunt on an internet message board. You must be a tough little man to start shit on the internet.

Dont you ever dare put him down Czech, who the hell are you to make fun of him.

Guest Paul
How can someone so good like A-Rod, who is such a great hitter, slump for so god damn long? Its getting a tad ridiculous at this point.

He's a wreck...man. He's got to be "due" at some point. But maybe this isn't "his year". I'd rather him heat up in October at this point.

Guest NYankees
Jon Lester's being tested for cancer now.

I saw that yesterday on sosh. Best of luck to him and hopefully it isn't anything serious.

Twins have a 1-0 lead on the Royals in the 5th inning.

Does anyone have ESPN Insider? The Chien-Ming Wang article, by Rob Neyer looks interesting.

He compliments Wang on his season, but the entire article is basically Neyer talking about how it will be impossible for him to keep his success up, while comparing him to past pitchers who had low K/9 like him. It's not really a positive article.

How can someone so good like A-Rod, who is such a great hitter, slump for so god damn long? Its getting a tad ridiculous at this point.

He looks like he's swinging for the fences no matter where the ball is at. Which is stupid. He needs to just tell the fans of NYC to go screw themselves and play baseball. If he thinks he'll ever win over every Yankee fan, he's out of his damn mind.

The guy is a great hitter and a good fielder but he comes across as the kind of guy who feels like he MUST slam the ball out of the ballpark with runners on just so the fans will cheer him.

Jim Leyland's awesome. He came out to complain to the ump after the top of the 7th, vented and then heard the beginning of "God Bless America," so he calmed down, took off his hat and went crazy the moment it was over.

I think that Jim Leyland umpire argument was the most hilarious thing I've seen all season...the fact that he was yelling at the ump, then took his hat off and stood calmly next to him for "God Bless America" and as soon as it was finished started ripping into again...my God, I was cracking up.

Hopin' that the Stros can make it 6 in a row tonite against Doug Davis. Lord knows this weekend will be tough. I'm still thinking it'll be easier for the Astros to take the NL Central than the Wildcard. There's a buncha teams bunched up in the WC and the Astros have more games against the Reds/Cards than against the teams ahead of them in the Wildcard race.

Guest Paul

Great outing from Randy today, which is needed with the Mussina situation.

That Leyland stuff was great.

Julian Tavarez is starting for the Red Sox tonight, as David Wells' locker is emptied. He has apparently been traded.

Tavarez v. Halladay.

Not looking good. Could be down big early.

Julian Tavarez is starting for the Red Sox tonight, as David Wells' locker is emptied. He has apparently been traded.

I'd be asking if there's any way to bring Wells back if Tavarez is actually starting.